City Nites
US$116
Agoda.com
US$131
US$48
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
US$154
US$164
US$62
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbarclaycard arenathese apartmentsfridge freezerapartment was cleansecure parkingwashing machinebrindley placeapartment blockfully fitted kitchengreat apartmentshome from homecity centreself cateringliving roomfull kitchendvd playerbroad street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My family and I stayed at City Nites on the 21st March 2014. We had a 2 bedroom apartment and it was FABULOUS! Everything from the beds, to the bathrooms, to the kitchen and the lounge/diner were just fab- we could live in that apartment.
The position in Birmingham is ideal, with the NIA 100 yards away, and easy walking distance of pubs and restaurants etc.
I would recommend the car parking at only £10/night and very secure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Colin,

thank you for taking time reviewing your stay in March!
We are aiming hing in terms and service, facilities and security and we are delighted to see "FABULOUS" spelt in capitals within your review!
Hope to see you soon, make sure you take advantage of all the offers available!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at the City Nites Hotel when I went to see the Fall Outboys 16th March at the NIA which is just opposite the Hotel, the staff are really friendly and professional and the rooms are great and so is the price of the rooms, I would recommend to anyone.
Thanks
Neil

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Neil!

Thank you for taking time to write this great review! We are pleased to hear your stay (and hopefully the concert, too) was fabulous, and that your entire City Nites experience was truly positive! Hopefully we've made it on top of your recommendation list for friends and family! :)
See you soon,

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing stay yet again. I had booked 3 rooms. 2 one bed and 1 two bed. Rooms where all in block E same floor.

We as always recived a great welcoming. My apartment Ac24 was fantastic. I had previously requested for it to be decorated. As it was my partners birthday. This was done by Valentina. A great asset to City nites.
The lounge looked great with happy birthday banners and baloons. The bedroom looked amazing with rose petals and chocolates. Me and my other half would like to take this opportunity to thank the whole of the city nites Birmingham team for the champagne that they left in our room for us!

My friends and family who also stayed enjoyed the experience of city nites, and have also said that they will be staying again when they are in Birmingham.

Im looking forward to my stay in May. And maybe sometime this year a stay in London's city nite apartments.

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello again Kavita!

Thank you for taking time to review us again :)
We're happy to see your last stay went beyond your expectations! We'll make sure to promote Valentina to Decoration Goddess, and yes, we agree, she is a fantastic asset! :) Unfortunately our business is only in Birmingham at the moment, however we'll keep you posted when changes occur :)

Hope you liked the complimentary champagne and we're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great location but that's about it. City Nites should be the offices of a local accountancy firm, but instead ithey've turned it into an "apart hotel". Rooms are dark, dingy and depressing and reception feels like an inner CIty mini-cab office. Good place to go running from though, as it's near the canal that runs under the centre of Birmingham..

Room Tip: Great place to go running from, as it's near the canal that runs under the centre of Birmingham..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Spinoccio
CityNites, Manager at City Nites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a constructive review. We are sorry to hear our apartments were not on your liking, however if you chose to stay here again you will be offered an apartment which lets more light in, provided you request so. Contrary to your commentaries with regards to the purposes of our business, the apartments have always been used for what they are, and we assure you we never went from one type to another.
Our reception space is limited as we are trying to focus on speedy service and accommodation, and we trust our guests' stays are not influenced by the time spent in there for check ins/outs.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The location is great just next to the NIA. Staff were friendly when we checked in and explained where our apartment was. Once we got in to the apartment it was very cold, as no heating had been put on. The apartment its self was fine and looked clean, although the freezer was not usable as it was iced up and would barley close. We were only staying a night so this didn’t really bother us. As we had an oven we thought we would cook a couple of pizzas before we left for our gig, this was much harder than it should have been as our oven only had one shelf. While the pizzas were cooking I tried to connect to the free WiFi biggest waste of time ever. If it decides to connect it will drop in a few minutes, if I was staying more than a night or on business this would have been an issue, but as I was not going to be in the apartment for most of the night I didn’t follow it up. There was also an issue with the door it wouldn’t stay closed unless it was locked and every time someone used the door on the apartment opposite it sounded like they were coming in to ours.

Both my girlfriend and I had a good few hours’ sleep (that could be down to the time we got in and the amount of alcohol we drank!) We woke up before our alarms to the front door rattling again. As we were checking we had all our stuff together the housekeeping staff let themselves in which was a bit of a shock as we still had 15 minuets till check out, when they saw us still in there they did offer to come back but seemed a bit annoyed about it. We said not to bother as we were just walking out the door.

The worst part overall is the deposit you have to pay. As far as I can gather it can vary from £100(which is what we paid)-£250 depending on when you stay and how many people our in the apartment. A couple of days after check out we still hadn’t got the money back so phoned City Nites on an 0845 number to ask why, we were told that it been refunded and was down to the bank. The money took nearly a week to get back in the account, I’m not sure if it is them or the bank but that’s a lot of time to be £100-£250 light.

Overall wasn’t really in the apartment long enough to chase up the things that annoyed us, but we go to Birmingham a lot and won’t be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shane D
CityNites, General Manager at City Nites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Shane D,

Thank you for taking time to post your constructive review, following your recent stay with us.

We provide electric heating in all our apartments, which is highly effective. We do aim to warm up the apartments, however if that does not happen, we advise all our guests to simply switch them on at a temperature they are comfortable with.

We provide the minimum requirements in our apartments, however should you have voiced your issue, we would have been happy to provide you with an extra shelf for the oven.

Unfortunately we do not have control over our guest's internet usage, and when streaming occurs, bandwidth is shortened, causing the wi-fi to malfunction. We are testing a new platform system which we hope to have in place soon, which will solve any wi-fi related problems and allow our guests an easier navigation and a more reliable connection.
However, we do provide wi-fi dongle sticks provided there is an urgent need to connect to the internet whenever it is not possible to do so without it.

With regards to the door, since your complaint has been recorded, we have now changed the lock. Should anything like this happen, we encourage all our guests to express any concerns, and our staff will be happy to rectify them, or alternatively, to move them into a new apartment.

I am sorry to hear the housekeepers let themselves in, but I can confirm they are on a tight schedule, and they have plenty of apartments to clean, therefore, I can assure you that your views with regards to their reaction is highly subjective, and they would have been more than happy to give you extra time to evacuate the apartment, since there was plenty more work to be done elsewhere.

Regarding our security deposit return policy, it is stated in the terms and conditions that we are not responsible for any delays in refunding it, as it is up to the credit card companies. City Nites releases the deposit on the day of the departure, provided no damages have been inflicted to the apartment.

I am sorry to hear your stay with us will not be repeated, thank you again for taking time to review our stay with us in February.