“Always to its highest standards ”
Review of City Nites

City Nites
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

After a fantastic 8 night stay. There isn't anything I can complain about. I always receive the best customer service.

I stayed in block a apartment 17. All requests where met, TV in the bedroom and extra bedding. Appartment was spacious with two ways onto the terrace. Also during my stay I recived a complimentary clean of the apprtment. The House keepers where such lovely ladies.

I can never fault city nites, they always make my stay comfortable...looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kavita D
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Kavita,

Thank you once again for the great review! We're happy to see you loved it once again, we make efforts to ensure our guests' stay always goes smoothly, and we encourage them to voice their concerns if they have any, so we can resolve them quickly.
See you again in July! :) Plenty going on around town!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Clean modern apartment, everything you need for a stay for either one night or longer. Very close to all the great restaurants and bars of Brindley Place plus the shopping is only 10 minutes away. Friendly helpful reception staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank David T
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for the time you took to write this wonderful review. The feedback we get is of great importance and we value it every time. We're happy to see we have catered for your needs, and that we were up to standards.

We can't wait to have you back soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for one night on 18 June. The accommodation is just fantastic - spotlessly clean and very well appointed with everything and more of what you need - even a washing machine if you really wanted that. It comes at an excellent value for money price - £94 for two double rooms, two bathrooms, lounge and kitchen area in a city centre quite literally a 3 minute walk from the bars and restaurants of Brindley Place and immediately opposite the NIA if you are attending an event there.

If you want a hotel with a restaurant and bar this won't be for you but all too often I find that I don't actually use these facilities in a hotel when you are out and about in a city for the evening anyway.

I will definitely use this accommodation again rather than a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank IJ67

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you took writing this review! It's great to see you found our apartments to be of great value for the money as well as well equipped and close to the main entertainment centre of Birmingham!
See you very soon, and we hope we have made it to your list of recommendations.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

City Nites Birmingham is located at a nice and quiet area. It's a 15 to 20 minutes walk to New Street Station and about the same time to the city centre. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment (room 68, block C) which was spacious. It also came with a study room which I didn't expect so was quite impressed. I did all my computer work in the study so it came in handy. The apartment had all the necessary appliances - washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, electric stove, oven, microwave, Toaster etc. The living room which was open plan with the kitchen area had a good number of windows which allowed good air flow. TV was plasma flat screen, cable was freeview but with the option of Sky TV for £5 per day. The furnitures were fine and adequate. The reception staff were excellent. Always willing to help. Someone always answered the phone when I called. I was really happy with the service during my stay. I will stay here again

A few things need improvement, most importantly is the wifi with the other concerns more of me nitpicking. The Wifi internet was poor which was a huge let down; in fact it only seemed efficient in the study. The youtube website would load but the videos refused to load or play. I made a complaint to the reception about this and she thought it was due to the high usage as the place was fully booked. The intercom in the apartment wasnt working also so I had to always go down to the door of the building to let guests in. I paid for breakfast for only the first 2 days of my stay only which turned out to be the smart choice as I was flat out disappointed by the cold and package breakfast. The kitchen could have done with a bit more cooking utensils.

All and all, I was happy with my stay at City nights and will definitely do them again if I have the chance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spillhate
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to see you've enjoyed your time here, and that our customer service was up to your standards.
With regards to the internet, we have noticed something off about it during the time of your stay too,but it was fixed that day. However we are constantly looking on improving it as we want the best service for our customers. Thank you for the feedback with regards to the intercom, breakfast and utensils, we're sorry you've had these issues. We will pass it on to our teams and deal with them accordingly.

It's great to see you will stay here again! See you soon,

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I was here on s solo trip for an event at the NIA, really a great stay. Wonderful location for the venue and so much space for one person. A sitting room/kitchen plus a separate bedroom. Kind and welcoming staff plus not overpriced. I'd definitely recommend if you're in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank KBeth00
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! City Nites prides itself with the high level of customer service, as well as being a party that puts our customers' stay first, and that reflects into the facilities and services we provide as well. We're glad to see your trip went well and your stay and that we've made it to your list of recommendations!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stop overnight quite a bit for work and have started to use apartments more and more due to the flexibility they offer. This was a great find on a booking website. Excellent Value for money. The apartments are housed in blocks with their own secure parking (£10) but if you wanted to, you could park on the street outside for free after 6pm. Inside was really spacious. Had pretty much everything you would require to make an evening meal if you wanted. Love having a fridge to chill my wine and store milk for breakfast rather than paying daft hotel prices. Stylish decor, fluffy towels and a massive bed all contributed to an excellent overnight stay.
I only have a couple of small gripes, one of which was addressed with the lady who contacted me to ask if my stay went ok (excellent touch!). The Wifi was poor. It's reception kept coming and going which made it difficult to watch things on line. This I believe has been addressed. The lack of TV in the bedroom or at least an alarm clock with an ipod dock would also make a nice touch. It would just have made the stay even more comfortable as I didnt want to put music channels on loud. I also just wanted to say that although the blinds are black and fit the windows reasonably well, they let too much light in in the early hours of the morning. (Small moan i know, but I can't sleep unless in darkness)
Location was excellent. Far enough away from NIA and broad street but close enough if you want to go out.. There is also a huge tesco just off the roundabout nearby so that you can stock up on food/drinks for your stay.
Will certainly return to these apartments on my next trip to Birmingham. Excellent customer service and great rooms at great prices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Claire,

Thank you for your review upon your stay on the 14th of May, we're happy to see your stay went well and that you consider our services and facilities excellent value for money!
We make efforts to ensure our guests' stay always goes smoothly, and we encourage them to voice their concerns if they have any, so we can resolve them quickly, as it was with the internet. Adding to that, your suggestions are welcomed, the Ipod Dock and thicker curtains are great leads, and we will take them into account for the future.

We hope that we've made it to your list of recommendations and to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This must be around the 6th or 7th time we have stayed here and would not choose anywhere in Birmingham. Apartments are always clean and maintained and staff are always friendly. We will definitely be returning for our next occasion. Only downfall for this stay was I booked well in advance for a balcony however there were no balconies available when we arrived which was pretty disappointing. Apart from that, we thoroughly enjoyed or stay as we always do.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amyld115

Dear guest,

Thank you for another great review following your stay in May 2014!
We're happy to see your stay went smooth once again, and that your experience was just as good! Our apologies for the balcony issue, most of the rooms booked for the month have also been booked very early, and most of them requested balconies too. Unfortunately we cannot do much about how the number of apartments with balconies we have available for our guests, but we always try to answer all your requests when possible.
Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you soon!