“Excellent apartment and location for the city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Nites

City Nites
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartment and location for the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights with the optional secure parking. An excellent spacious apartment with all the usual facilities - lounge, kitchen etc. Complementary tea/ coffee included. Just located outside the NIA and 5 minutes walk to the ICC, shops, restaurants. Very secure locked parking space and an extremely helpful reception. Minor negatives, some building work by the road adjacent to the NIA with some road noise and perhaps the lighting could be a bit stronger inside. Minor niggles only. Very good value for money and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sanjaya_Wijeyekoon
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Sanjaya,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your time and input!
We're happy to see you found our location convenient and that our reception staff was as friendly and helpful as always. We have taken into account the feedback provided and we'll pass it on to house keeping.

We can't wait to have you back soon!
The City Nites Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Thai first
Castello d'Empuries, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, clean, roomy, excellent location within walking distance of Sea life center and Canal area/mailbox etc. Stayed for originaly 7 days but due to a Flight cancellation had to stay 3 days longer: no problem in prolonging the booking, staff were extra friendly and helpfull, even printed out my new airplane boarding tickets free of charge. Flat was spacious, we had 1 double and 1 single room, 2 bathrooms, kitchen with washing Machine and even a dishwasher. Room was clean, yes maybe in need of some newer matresses but slept well, parking a bit pricy but secure (pay and display parking in the same road for half the price but open). Definitly recommend City Nites

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time writing this review! We're happy to see your stay went well, and that you enjoyed the proximity to Birmingham's best entertainment venues. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be taken into account. We're delighted to hear we made it to your recommendation list.
We hope to see you soon and that you had a safe flight,
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

After a fantastic 8 night stay. There isn't anything I can complain about. I always receive the best customer service.

I stayed in block a apartment 17. All requests where met, TV in the bedroom and extra bedding. Appartment was spacious with two ways onto the terrace. Also during my stay I recived a complimentary clean of the apprtment. The House keepers where such lovely ladies.

I can never fault city nites, they always make my stay comfortable...looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kavita D
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Kavita,

Thank you once again for the great review! We're happy to see you loved it once again, we make efforts to ensure our guests' stay always goes smoothly, and we encourage them to voice their concerns if they have any, so we can resolve them quickly.
See you again in July! :) Plenty going on around town!

Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Clean modern apartment, everything you need for a stay for either one night or longer. Very close to all the great restaurants and bars of Brindley Place plus the shopping is only 10 minutes away. Friendly helpful reception staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David T
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for the time you took to write this wonderful review. The feedback we get is of great importance and we value it every time. We're happy to see we have catered for your needs, and that we were up to standards.

We can't wait to have you back soon!
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here for one night on 18 June. The accommodation is just fantastic - spotlessly clean and very well appointed with everything and more of what you need - even a washing machine if you really wanted that. It comes at an excellent value for money price - £94 for two double rooms, two bathrooms, lounge and kitchen area in a city centre quite literally a 3 minute walk from the bars and restaurants of Brindley Place and immediately opposite the NIA if you are attending an event there.

If you want a hotel with a restaurant and bar this won't be for you but all too often I find that I don't actually use these facilities in a hotel when you are out and about in a city for the evening anyway.

I will definitely use this accommodation again rather than a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank IJ67
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you took writing this review! It's great to see you found our apartments to be of great value for the money as well as well equipped and close to the main entertainment centre of Birmingham!
See you very soon, and we hope we have made it to your list of recommendations.

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

City Nites Birmingham is located at a nice and quiet area. It's a 15 to 20 minutes walk to New Street Station and about the same time to the city centre. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment (room 68, block C) which was spacious. It also came with a study room which I didn't expect so was quite impressed. I did all my computer work in the study so it came in handy. The apartment had all the necessary appliances - washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, electric stove, oven, microwave, Toaster etc. The living room which was open plan with the kitchen area had a good number of windows which allowed good air flow. TV was plasma flat screen, cable was freeview but with the option of Sky TV for £5 per day. The furnitures were fine and adequate. The reception staff were excellent. Always willing to help. Someone always answered the phone when I called. I was really happy with the service during my stay. I will stay here again

A few things need improvement, most importantly is the wifi with the other concerns more of me nitpicking. The Wifi internet was poor which was a huge let down; in fact it only seemed efficient in the study. The youtube website would load but the videos refused to load or play. I made a complaint to the reception about this and she thought it was due to the high usage as the place was fully booked. The intercom in the apartment wasnt working also so I had to always go down to the door of the building to let guests in. I paid for breakfast for only the first 2 days of my stay only which turned out to be the smart choice as I was flat out disappointed by the cold and package breakfast. The kitchen could have done with a bit more cooking utensils.

All and all, I was happy with my stay at City nights and will definitely do them again if I have the chance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Spillhate
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to see you've enjoyed your time here, and that our customer service was up to your standards.
With regards to the internet, we have noticed something off about it during the time of your stay too,but it was fixed that day. However we are constantly looking on improving it as we want the best service for our customers. Thank you for the feedback with regards to the intercom, breakfast and utensils, we're sorry you've had these issues. We will pass it on to our teams and deal with them accordingly.

It's great to see you will stay here again! See you soon,
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I was here on s solo trip for an event at the NIA, really a great stay. Wonderful location for the venue and so much space for one person. A sitting room/kitchen plus a separate bedroom. Kind and welcoming staff plus not overpriced. I'd definitely recommend if you're in the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank KBeth00
CityNites, Public Relations Manager at City Nites, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! City Nites prides itself with the high level of customer service, as well as being a party that puts our customers' stay first, and that reflects into the facilities and services we provide as well. We're glad to see your trip went well and your stay and that we've made it to your list of recommendations!

Hope to see you soon,