“Family Celebration”

Pasta di Piazza, Acocks Green
Ranked #63 of 2,537 Restaurants in Birmingham
Description: Italian restaurant based in the heart of Acocks Green. We take pride in preparing all our food to order on the premises using the finest fresh produce and ingredients
Reviewed 5 April 2016

A large group of us, including a vegetarian and gluten-free had a very enjoyable evening here. The portions were generous and all the food arrived together. Authentic Italian and a huge choice.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

We dined here as a couple on a Saturday night and we were both very impressed! The surroundings are stylish and modern and the place was very clean with an air of efficiency about it. The wait staff are attentive without overdoing things and are really pleasant with great customer care. As for the food, we both started with the Minestrone which came with a good amount of bread to accompany it. The soup was good and hot with lots of vegetables and a little spicy kick to it, very nice indeed. For our mains my wife had the meatballs (Penne Con Polpettine Al Pomodoro) while I had the chicken and mushroom Tagliatelle (Tagliatelle Con Pollo E Funghi) and both dishes were truly outstanding. The meatballs, red sauce and penne pasta were perfection itself and my Tagliatelle was fantastic with plenty of chicken in the delicious creamy sauce. We ordered garlic bread to accompany these dishes but the portions of pasta were so big that we could only eat a little of the bread. It was a little early for me (7:30pm) so I just had water to wash down the food but my wife had a glass of the house red and it was lovely! The final bill was very reasonable and I'm sure this place will become one of the more popular restaurants in the area. Overall I'd rate this as some of the best food I've eaten and we are sure to return. This place is pefect for couples or families and I did see tables set for six diners. Highly, highly recommended.

1  Thank barnieslad
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

I was working in Birmingham staying at a nearby hotel and used trip advisor to find me a quality restaurant nearby using the app on my phone.
This restaurant is a hidden gem. I could nt believe the immaculate presentation and cleanliness of the building and restaurant.
I was hesitant because I was cold and had seen a review mentioning the temperature in the restaurant.
I found the restaurant to be nice and warm with a very nice temperature coming from some very stylish curvy radiators along the walls.
Moving on to the important stuff. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful as I did ask for recommendations regarding wine and food. All information turned out to be true.
The food was first class and the wine reasonably priced for the good quality.
I enjoyed a great starter and main course. The Risotto was cooked to perfection.
To finish I had coffee which was outstanding and worth every penny.
Speaking of pennies, the price was reasonable, no more than say Pizza Express etc but the wine was much better value.
Thanks to the chefs and front of house staff. Very good!

Reviewed 12 March 2016

My first experience of this eatery was unfortunately hugely disappointing largely due to the service we received from the front of line staff.

Having checked that the restaurant was still open until 11pm, me and my father entered it at around 10pm in the evening on Saturday. There were still seated guests dining. We were approached by a waiter and told him we were looking for a light vegetarian meal. He told us rather abruptly and coldly, they were closed. He didn't elaborate or explain why we could not be served, which would have been helpful considering they claim to be open until 11pm on a Saturday evening. The waiter was very rude to us. If perhaps, the kitchen had closed or had a cut off time for serving food, it seems only courteous to inform the customer of this truth and ask them to come back another day, maybe even giving them a copy of the menu. We would have accepted this.

However we were offered no such courtesy. In fact the waiter stood by the door restricting our path into the restaurant. The whole experience made us feel as though the waiter did not want us as customers and had figuratively speaking, pushed us out the door. I did not expect such a low standard of service and I left feeling that the treatment we had faced was unnecessary and personal. Some politeness and explanation from the waiter would have gone a long way rather than turning us away in a fiercely cold manner.

This was a very bad first impression and we weren't even given the chance to order any food, nor look at their menu. The waiter made us feel unwelcome and as though they only wanted a particular type of customer eating there. I certainly would not feel comfortable returning to this eatery after the treatment we experienced which was entirely unjustified.

1  Thank Jan_5772016
Reviewed 29 February 2016

An Italian restaurant with all the usual pizza, pasta but with a more comprehensive menu. The food prices were a little on the expensive side, but the wine by the glass surprisingly affordable. The service was very attentive. The food quality was excellent and very nicely presented. The restaurant was about 1/3rd full. Nicely laid out. Oddly, no WiFi.

Date of visit: February 2016