“Perfect ”

Pasta di Piazza, Acocks Green
Ranked #63 of 2,537 Restaurants in Birmingham
Description: Italian restaurant based in the heart of Acocks Green. We take pride in preparing all our food to order on the premises using the finest fresh produce and ingredients
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Popped in for something different for Sunday lunch and we were not disappointed. The portions are huge. My wife had soup to start and I had the garlic and chilli prawns. We shared a garlic bread which was as big as a pizza. I had spaghetti bolognese and my wife had the meat balls for mains. I'm afraid we could only manage coffee to finish. Defiantly will be back soon

Reviewed 8 April 2016

We live round the corner, but had been ten years since we had visited this restaurant. Pizza is our little boy's favourite thing in the world, and grandad was visiting, so we took a nice walk - after checking that it would be open at 4pm on a Sunday.

It was, but it was quiet. That's ok by me, it means the food usually comes quickly! The refurbishment has done a nice job, this doesn't feel like a restaurant in Acocks Green once you're through the door.

It also feels very authentic - unlike the chains that are creeping onto every high street. The staff, the menu, even the background music are all very Italian.

Service was really friendly throughout, and the food came quickly. It was all really good - the simple margarita for the boy was light and had a tasty cheese tang to prove it wasnt just cheddar and mozzarella. I had an excellent Calzone, my dad had to share his penne and meatballs with his grandson. The boss had frutti di mare, and was very pleased with her choice.

Four mains, with some drinks and a big garlic bread to share, was a shade over £50. This is more or less the same as I'd be paying in a Strada or a Prezzo, but the quality of the food was much better. We're already planning on going back with grandma when she turns up for her shift of helping with the long Easter break.

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

We received a very warm welcome as soon as we entered. I was very impressed with the food and the drink menus. There was such a variety and very extensive list of choices.The food was well presented and tasted delicious. I wish we had a place like this in London!

Reviewed 5 April 2016

A large group of us, including a vegetarian and gluten-free had a very enjoyable evening here. The portions were generous and all the food arrived together. Authentic Italian and a huge choice.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016

We dined here as a couple on a Saturday night and we were both very impressed! The surroundings are stylish and modern and the place was very clean with an air of efficiency about it. The wait staff are attentive without overdoing things and are really pleasant with great customer care. As for the food, we both started with the Minestrone which came with a good amount of bread to accompany it. The soup was good and hot with lots of vegetables and a little spicy kick to it, very nice indeed. For our mains my wife had the meatballs (Penne Con Polpettine Al Pomodoro) while I had the chicken and mushroom Tagliatelle (Tagliatelle Con Pollo E Funghi) and both dishes were truly outstanding. The meatballs, red sauce and penne pasta were perfection itself and my Tagliatelle was fantastic with plenty of chicken in the delicious creamy sauce. We ordered garlic bread to accompany these dishes but the portions of pasta were so big that we could only eat a little of the bread. It was a little early for me (7:30pm) so I just had water to wash down the food but my wife had a glass of the house red and it was lovely! The final bill was very reasonable and I'm sure this place will become one of the more popular restaurants in the area. Overall I'd rate this as some of the best food I've eaten and we are sure to return. This place is pefect for couples or families and I did see tables set for six diners. Highly, highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2016