“Pleasant enough”

Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Harborne
Description: All roads lead to Harborne's favourite pub.The Victorian building perched at the top of Harborne High Street may look imposing, but step inside and The Junction couldn't be more comfortable and relaxing. Comfy booth seating, open fireplaces and chequerboard tiles make for a sophisticated pub feel. Our no gimmick, home cooked, seasonal pub food is said to be the best in Harborne; we're uncompromising on quality and enduring favourites like beer battered fish and chips are served alongside oft-changing specials and hot bar snacks from our open kitchen. And, if the weather is clement, you can relax away from the hoards in our pretty little beer garden with a glass of speciality beer or wine.
“Pleasant enough”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife went here for Valentines evening and I was pleasantly surprised as I had never really considered this as an eating venue. The staff were all friendly and helpful, particularly our young waitress. It's a shame we didn't get her name as she deserves a menu. This is not the cheapest gig in town but my rib eye steak was a good cut and cooked perfectly. My wife had the handmade Burger and was too full to attempt a pudding! I managed to get through a lemon and lime tart with raspberry sorbet and have to say it was very nice. All in all, a nice meal and would consider the venue again, not just for drinks.

Visited February 2014
Kevin B, General Manager at The Junction, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thanks for your feedback Darren, it's great to hear you and wife enjoyed your visit. I'll make sure I work out who your waitress was and pass your kind comments on. Hope to see you again soon.

Walsall, United Kingdom
“Disappointing service 16th February 2014 at The Junction.”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

On arrival we struggled to find anywhere warm enough to sit. The table we sat at had not been cleared. We ordered 4 drinks but only 3 arrived, I waited a further 10 minutes for my drink (the place was not busy).

We ordered 4 meals, 3 of them were just warm. We were given 3 condiment jars with only one spoon, the jars were for consumption throughout the day.

The duck was tough. We asked for more gravy but it did not arrive. We were forced to ask again (rather embarrassing).

By this time a number of tables which surrounded us had not been cleared (unpleasant).

We were inclined to eat dessert elsewhere. To top the visit off the people sitting next to us had to send food back as it was cold.

The food wasn't bad but the service was very disappointing for the price.

Think I'll stick with the plough for now.

1 Thank Fairbear M
Kevin B, General Manager at The Junction, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am extremely concerned about the level of service you describe, and that is not something we accept or usually deliver. I am sorry we got this wrong during your visit. In order to help us put things right, I would like to discuss your visit in more detail. Please could you send me a contact number via enquiry@thejunctionharborne.co.uk?

Kind Regards
Birmingham UK
“Not sure about the bad reviews! We think it's great.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We live in Harborne. Therefore we have lots of choice. This is a pub which is also a restaurant. Not sure what people are expecting. I am referring to the moans below. Pleasant helpful staff. Food is of a very good standard. Freshly cooked. Pleasant environment. Reasonably priced (unlike The PLough down the road which although lovely is a serious rip off). Just enjoyed excellent eggs Benedict there and a reasonably priced bottle of wine. Thank you all at The Junction.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for your review, I'll make sure to pass on your comments about the food to the chefs. Cheers
“Bang on breakfast”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Best breakfast in Birmingham! Traditional English and eggs royale are beaut! Travelled over the country to have brekkie but doesn't come close to here! Friendly pub and we love it here!

Laura Stroppolo and Luke Butler

• Visited February 2014
Thanks for the review guys! Great to hear when we got it right, and thanks for taking the time to fill it out. Hope to see you again soon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not happy upon recommendation”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

seriously guys!? I have heard reviews including you alongside Plough & New Inn and independent people telling me you were on the way up! This really didnt reach the basic standard of a back street pub dressed up and purporting to keep up with nouvelle cuisine! Do it right ... roll out the basics well and with style instead of attaching a pricetag with low quality offerings. Sadly I was disappointed - although wanting and trying the alternate. Drinks, varied food and scene really didnt cut it... thats what general opinion says and in a polite manner I give a huge thumbs down after my night and spending some decent dollar. Polite service but if the food isnt right then a smile can only go so far.

1 Thank digitalhype
I'm really sorry to hear you weren't happy with your visit. My team and I care passionately about the quality of the food and drink we serve. I would love to discuss your feedback in a bit more detail, so please could you send me a contact number to enquiry@thejunctionharborne.co.uk?

Kind Regards