“A pit stop just off the M5”

Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton
Ranked #12 of 53 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed in this budget hotel for two nights on our way south and found it an ideal stopping off point being less than a mile from junction 3 on the M5, with easy access to all the attractions in Birmingham city centre, via a regular bus service The hotel and it's partner Toby Inns has affordable food and drink, and can provide a cooked buffet style breakfast if you need more than the included continental breakfast, there is also a petrol station and other eateries close by

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems there are rooms on ground floor with easy access from car park most of...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank topman190832
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (west) Quinton . Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.

There are newer reviews for Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our stay got off to a bad start. We booked online, noting in the "special requests" box that my wife has mobility problems and asking for a ground floor room. However it seems that the contents of said box are not passed on to the hotel...so anything put therein cannot be acted upon. Hence we had to negotiate two flights of stairs with heavy bags. Brummies do customer service well, and staff were hugely and genuinely apologetic and embarrassed. Yet another case of management failure. Or to put it in Management Speak "failure by those whose job it is to put the conditions in place so that front-line staff can excel". But all was redeemed by a large, spotless room with comfortable beds. The continental breakfast was a bit lacklustre, but for the price we paid still represented good value. This reviewer uses budget hotels in Brum regularly. We have not stayed here before but will do so again. In terms of Value for Money this is possibly the best! Sorry Premier/Travelodge etc.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel directly if you have any special requirements.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Alex M
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for your positive review following your recent visit. We are passionate about getting it right and your feedback will help us to achieve this aim. We really hope you will visit us again and we have sent you a personal reply. Innkeepers Lodge Birmingham.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Excellent size rooms is about the only good point with this place. In desperate need of a renovation! Staff friendly enough even though incorrect breakfast times supplied, no cot provided as requested, main bed broken. Have to use a dingy dark night entrance with family unless you want to walk through the pub with your sleeping children. £3.99 buffet breakfast for good reason, very poor!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nick s
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We are very sorry to hear that the visit you made to Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (west) Quinton was not as perfect as you would have liked. We want all our guests to be satisfied so we always welcome your feedback and we have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family stayed here for just one night after visiting drayton manor theme park. I was impressed with the room 312. It was huge and easily accommodated five of us. There was excellent tea and coffee making facilities and everything was spotlessly clean except a bit of mould in the shower!

The major downside for us on this trip was the noise. It took us over two hours to settle our kids to sleep as there was a horrible loud banging noise every few seconds. When the kids finally slept I tried to call down (difficult as there was no contact number in the room) and ask if they could help me out with the noise. The lady I spoke to said it was the door banging as someone had just checked it??? It wasn't that at all so she said she would tell the manager. It continued and no one got in touch to offer assistance. The noise was gone by the next day. At check out nothing was mentioned.

My husband investigated the noise the next day and we think it was the kitchen extractor fans which were close to one of our windows.

Shame really as the breakfast was great too.

Room Tip: do not choose 312 (family room)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 3BOYSANDMUM
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

We are very sorry that you left disappointed, following your stay at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (west) Quinton. We have replied to you personally as it is our goal to give every customer the best service possible and your feedback can help us achieve this.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at the Innkeepers lodge overnight as I was on a course and travelled from Oxfordshire. I was very happy with the room, it was basic, bright, very clean and functional. The Inn is situated by a busy road but the. Double windows were excellent at completely shutting out noise.
All the staff were very friendly especially the lady who met me when I came downstairs for breakfast. The eating area is large and the quality of food is not brilliant in the evening but breakfast was exceptional with a varied choice of continental which is included in your room, and for £3.99 a cooked breakfast. I would say to anyone elderly, disabled or have heavy luggage to state this on booking as there are many many stairs and no lift!, Kept me fit though.
Overall -excellent accommodation for the money (£46 for a double room ensuite)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

May we thank you for your review, as we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (west) Quinton. We have replied to you personally and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have used this Innkeepers Lodge an a few occasions whilst working in the area. The rooms are clean with plenty of room, the only comment would be that the bathrooms are cold.

Staff are very friendly and there is always a waiting list for the Carvery, which I have to say is probably the best Toby Carvery I have ever had.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Your kind recommendation means a lot to us here at Innkeeper's Lodge, Birmingham(West)
Quinton , and we are so glad to hear that your visit was a positive one. We have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Good points first, good location, lots of free parking, large disabled room, easy to book on phone. Bedroom clean (checked under bed to make sure I hadn't dropped anything and there was a pen under the bed, good job nobody had been making whoopee or someone only knows what I would have found!) Mains sockets were fitted too near the desk top for phone/usb chargers to be plugged in and possibly in an awkward place for someone in a wheelchair . Bathroom, typical budget style, large enough for disabled, but shower could have been higher on wall for a carer, it would still have been low enough for a wheelchair user, taps "x" style, should be lever style, shower/shower curtain typically mouldy in places, bottom of door/frame damaged from damp etc. All in all as Alix Pollitzi would say, a perfectly usable bathroom, with the usual dispensers of soap and gel etc. The room was cold, due mainly to having no heating in the bathroom, this was rectified by a pleasant male staff member, who gave us the use of a portable heater ,I do not recommend the use in the bathroom obviously, (we used this in the window sill, as this seemed the main cause of cold air). The restaurant was a good price (register online for the toby and get voucher sent), less than £6 for a carvery. The food temperature, like most carveries, was mainly tepid, the young lady did offer the use of a microwave for my wife, job done. Bad points: On the way in from car park (hotel side,) you walk through the smoking area to get to the door, this whole area was covered in cigarette butts and rubbish, not something you would want to wheel a suitcase through. When I mentioned this to a member of staff, she told me it had been cleaned in the morning (this was 2pm) and this is what it gets like. Well at 9am (the morning of departure) the area was still pretty disgusting for a hotel exit (photos included), A member of staff was smoking and simply threw her cigarette butt into the pile n bushes along with the others, not very professional! We had the continental free breakfast, which was adequate, although another staff member would have been of use (instead of just the one) as people were moaning about the lack of plates, cups, glasses etc. and the time it took to get them.
The bar staff were on the whole good and friendly, we did have one female member of staff who didn't like the fact that I expected an expensive Stella in a Stella glass! (I know, I'm a snob!) I found out the following day, that the pub doesn't have any Stella glasses, due to them being nicked! I don't know what sort of glass I would have got if I asked for champagne? (Yes still a snob lol!). On the whole the pub and restaurant were clean and if I need to visit Birmingham again, I would (if they'll let me!) stay here. Opposite the pub there are several shops, one of which does a good Chinese takeaway. If you turn right (well left around the roundabout) and go about 1 and half mile, then take a left, there is a good shopping street. (put Argos shop in sat nav).

Room Tip: Ask bar staff for heater if room too cold.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham (West), Quinton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review, It was good of you to take the time to leave your feedback following your visit to Innkeeper's Lodge Birmingham(west) Quinton .