“Loved it!”
Review of The Old Farm Hotel

The Old Farm Hotel
Ranked #8 of 54 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed the night due to a family party just down the road. We had a warm welcome and we stayed in room 1 at the top of the stairs. Room was lovely and cosy as we were only there to sleep in really. ( The bed was really comfortable). My boyfriend was abit disapointed about the telly cos when we arrived we had some time to kill but the television signal wasnt very good but still was able to watch something. In the morning we had a warm welcome into the dining room and we got offered food. We would defo stay again if need be :) I would recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessikka05

Reviewed 4 June 2011

Stayed at the old farm during a business trip to Birmingham, mainly due to the location (a two minute walk from the train station). For the price I wasn't expecting much so to my surprise, and delight, the hotel blew my expectations out of the water. The room was comfy and spacious as well as well presented, the staff we helpful and willing to go that extra mile and the manager/owner was friendly, accessible, and cooked the most amazing, homely, meals imaginable (all for a reasonable price too). I would highly recommend the hotel, and have done so to several colleagues, and will be staying here whenever I need a hotel in Birmingham.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Hurtlocker86
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Stayed here for 3 days as I was on a training course. Booked the hotel due to its location to the course. I am so glad I did, The welcome was warm and friendly,I got the room at the top of the stairs. It was cozy, the facilities spotless. The bed was so comfy I slept really well. The fact I was on a stressfull course it was so nice to come back to my hotel room to relax. The eveing meals and breakfasts are to die for. This is small run hotel, so don't expect staff in bell boy uniforms, The staff are about, ring the bell if you need them. Nothing was a problem. All in all, I have been to posher hotels and left feeling cheated. I spent 3 days here and ate like a King.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bluejeans98
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Stayed at the Old Farm Hotel following a friend's birthday meal. Food and service excellent, good fresh home cooking. My husband was particularly taken with the homemade puddings which were delicious. Lovely clean room overlooking the picturesque garden, very quiet peaceful location. After a good night's sleep we enjoyed an excellent (again home cooked) breakfast and went home. Will definitely be recommending the Old Farm to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mazza33
Reviewed 17 January 2011

Me and my 2 children stayed at the old farm hotel for one night to visit cadbury word. (the hotel is directly opposite and takes just minutes to walk there, Great when you have 2 children who dont want to walk very far)
We booked in and were shown to a room upstairs, The room had 2 beds, 1 double 1 single. and alot of room for the boys to run around in. It was late when i booked in but in the morning when i opened the curtians my room overlooked a rather big lovey snow filled garden.
We went down for breakfast and when we got to the bar area the christmas decorations were amazing. the children were so happy to see this. we were sat at a reasonable sized table and asked if we wanted cooked breakfast, but we decided to help ourselves to the breakfast bar instead. coffee was brought out for me with toast for the children. The breakfast bar had alot of choice, cereals for me (the healthy kind) and frosties for the children. fresh jusice, i think there were about 4 different kinds. fresh fruit salad and yoguart.
The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
Would recommend this to any one looking for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank andilookaround
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We stayed as our ancestors had worked at Cadbury before emigrating to work at Cadbury in Hobart...something of a pilgramage..
The hotel is basic but fine. A short walk from the centre of the model village. The rooms were small and pretty basic but we just needed a place to sleep. There's a petrol station with a very good small supermarket attached just a 5 minute walk away.
We had dinner in the hotel which was ok.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I just stayed at the Old Farm Hotel and couldn't believe that Paul Rudd and I had stayed at the same place. The staff were very welcoming and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. The rooms are well decorated, cleaned daily and the bed was very comfortable. The televisions are new flat screens and to be honest I don't stay at hotels to watch television, so the fact that they are small did not upset my stay. There is also a very large television in the bar area where my partner and I socialised in the evenings with other guests.

The breakfast was very good quality and we also ate an evening meal at the hotel. The meal was delicious and reasonably priced. My partner is a vegan and all his requirements were catered for at meal times.

The setting of the hotel is lovely and it is very peaceful sitting in the large garden. The location is ideal as the hotel is a 5 minute walk to Cadburys world. Bournville station is also 5 minutes away and from there it is only two stops in to the city centre and the fare is very cheap.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and will be returning.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple