“Not great”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Managed to get a table without a booking for 6 of us for dinner. Service was pretty slow, it took them ages to take our order and despite quoting having a sushi a la carte menu on their main menu they didn't on this particular day.

I ordered Tekka maki and Kingprawn/Salmon teppanyaki. The tuna was not fresh and the wasabi was not real wasabi. The teppanyaki was over cooked and drenched in butter and soy sauce - seasoning was not great. Food was over priced, I won't be going again but the chef did put on a good show for us.

2  Thank MaggieLieu

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Miyako Teppan-yaki for Valentines Day. We were sat around the table with four other couples, all of whom were complete strangers, however our chef got us all involved, chatting and laughing. The food was delicious, we ordered off the set menu so that we could try lots of different foods, and we absolutely loved everything! Our chef was so talented and enthusiastic, when making the egg fried rice, he got each guest to try to throw the egg shell from the spatula into the waste hole in the corner of the large heated plate, it was very silly and amusing! I don't have a bad word to say about this restaurant, we definitely had the best chef and amazing food! Highly recommended!

1  Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked this for my husbands 30th birthday for 16 of our friends and were not disappointed.An amazing experience, our chef was very entertaining and got the whole table involved. We all ordered off the set menu and was nice to experience food you wouldn't normally order like seaweed soup and green tea ice cream. Eating our food which chop sticks added to the fun! Overall a top night throughly enjoyed by all. Even convienced my friend to have her hen do here in September.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is such a good restaurant, especially if you're a fan of seafood...

Unbelievably fresh ingredients cooked on a hot plate right in front of you. The atmosphere is brilliant, if a little cosy as you will normally be sat with others around the large cooking plates - unless your party is big enough to have your own table. Good value for money as normally £30 per person depending on what you drink. The only downside is that you may lose your eyebrows if you get too close to the hot plate; they are prone to the odd flambé display....try it!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Was my first time with Teppanyaki and went with my partner. The restaurant was very clean, has a modern design and bathrooms are beautiful. The showman was excellent he got everyone at the table involved and managed to cook numerous dishes all in a well orchestrated performance.

To be totally honest I did not think the food was great, but what could I expect from everything being cooked on a flat-top. However, I did take pictures and felt giddy and happy throughout. . Maybe I will go back, but I do recommend it to others.