“Nice Place”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hot plate in front of you where main dish is cooked fresh. Chef tries to entertain people with his cooking and tries to involve them. Asks if you like strong flavours and adds more as cooking.

Had mixed starter, it was nice fresh, sushi, meat lollipops, battered prawn, salad and Miso Soup.

Main had steak with rice and fresh stirfryed veg

Desert Fruit and Ice cream

Not the cheapest, but a nice change

1  Thank Mikeyp102

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Called in on spec as the restaurant was close to our hotel.
Greeted by a traditionally dressed lady who advised there would be a wait of 30 minutes for our party of 4 adults and 2 children. We took seats in the bar/ waiting area and after 5 minutes were supping our Japanese lager (adults) and lemonades menus in hand. Orders taken in 15 minutes- mainly due to not having a clue what was on offer and requiring explanation of each selection. We we sat at our table and ready in 20 minutes.
This is where the fun starts...
The chef was amazing his juggling skills, rhythmic drumming and sharp commentary had us all mesmerised. The kids were transfixed. His pyrotechnics had flamed bursting way above our heads the audience bursting into spontaneous applause on many occasions.
He was a pretty good cook as well.
We had a fair selection of meals, covering lots of bases. Fish, lamb, chicken, duck and lobster with scallops being our mains. I am ashamed to say I sampled all of these and can assure you that each was of very high quality only best ingredients superbly cooked.
It was a great night of entertainment and food. Price was fair for an inner city restaurant.
Maybe we got lucky with the best chef on a good night and a cracking atmosphere. My view is it's worth a visit but make sure you're hungry!

2  Thank Coolfish1961
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The last couple of times we've eaten here we ask ourselves why we came back; on this occasion it was a family member's 18th Birthday and hence her choice. The spectacle has worn thin, and so too have the portion sizes. Truthfully my mini sushi plate was ok for £7, but £21 for a mouthful of lobster prawns and scallops is taking the tappanyaki. The bill was £461 for ten people, and believe me when I say we didn't drink that much. We sat at 9:15pm and because of the slow service had to rush to catch our 11:20pm train. I believe it's time to consign this place to the past.

1  Thank mozwold
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I came here with my parents and friends to celebrate my university graduation. The food was incredible and having the chef cook right in front of you was so fun. Our particular chef was a great laugh and really made the whole evening even better. It was a different experience and I will 100% be going back!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Managed to get a table without a booking for 6 of us for dinner. Service was pretty slow, it took them ages to take our order and despite quoting having a sushi a la carte menu on their main menu they didn't on this particular day.

I ordered Tekka maki and Kingprawn/Salmon teppanyaki. The tuna was not fresh and the wasabi was not real wasabi. The teppanyaki was over cooked and drenched in butter and soy sauce - seasoning was not great. Food was over priced, I won't be going again but the chef did put on a good show for us.

2  Thank MaggieLieu