“WORST EVER”

and 1 more site!
Charde Guest House
Ranked #45 of 54 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Arrived 26 March. 14 with a note on door to telephone for key & entry. Thankfully I had mobile. Room 9, was smelly, dingy and with a massive dirty dining table with chewing gum stuck to the metal framework. Space on table taken up by an old unoperateable TV with wires dangling down from ceiling. Movable electric radiator with broken wheels. Very badly broken double electric socket. The small carpet was dirty with previous occupants rubbish and items also left behind. Wobbly free standing clothes rail. I felt uncomfortable to use the unfinished shower, (I think it's an electric shower) as the shower area was filthy with black mould and I could not see an on/off switch also the ceiling light was an open bulb.
Opened dirty window for air to find YEARS of dust, filth and grime between sliding double glazing and window. No toilet paper holder makes one having to back reach over ones head for paper, difficult for a 71 year old, basin was very, very small with an small electric heater over so making it difficult to shave or wash hands/face in, making water going onto vinyl floor.
Noisy bed springs keeps one awake.
Self service Kitchen area with rusting fridge and very basic DIY stuff in plastic containers and only stodgy white bread for toast and then having to eating off a sticky table. The alarm went off while someone was making toast. Not a nice place to stay for me, so very, very glad to leave, un-showered for the day ahead but great to get out of there.
I was informed I could pay by Credit Card but you CANT it's CASH ONLY.
It's the most UNPLEASANT place I have ever stayed in. Brian.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 4eyedOAP

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Do not under any circumstances book to stay in this unkempt and disgraceful establishment. please check my photos for hard factual evidence. I will be contacting people and persons who are responsible for keeping customer standards at a certain level as this one should be closed down for total refurbishment and professional cleaning. our bedding had not even been changed from the previous guests!!!!! as there were sweets down the side of the bed on top of the sheet. pillows and cases were stained. towels were thread bare and stained with holes. toilet seat broken, no plug for sink and the shower was completely unusable due to mould and scum build up and being broken. we didn't even step foot in the dinning area as cups and plates were all chipped and a brown pottery so you could not tell if they were clean. I stayed here with my disabled mum while visiting cruffs, we stated we had walking difficulties when we booked but was put on first floor with two lots of stairs to climb. owners were no where to be found after booking in and taking our money! just a mobile number to phone with no answer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lorraine866
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Well What Can I Say.
I have stayed in many places in the country but this , this was just shocking . The rooms where disgusting the bedding didn't match the curtains more like sheets .Very noisy .why when I went to the reception I didn't walk out straight away I have no idea . I could of stayed at a hostel for less and this would of been much more pleasant stay.

Never Again

Room Tip: None of them
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HELEN S
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The bedding in my room stank of cigarettes. Towels were like sandpaper and only changed next day if you requested. Breakast (advertised as continental) consisted of cereal with UHT milk or toast and jam!!!No sink in kitchen area so kettle had to be taken to room to refill. Rooms freezing cold. I did not see any management/workers in the 3 days I stayed there and any complaints i had were made by me via a mobile number. i checked out by hanging up the keys to my room on the way out on a door hook!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the room in the garden shed !!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jacko171
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Wish i had read the reviews before we booked, awful place to stay, very rude owner shouting and demanding cash from the young girl booking for my company when we had only just arrived at hotel. Only place available to stay at the time near to where we needed.
No Card payment facilities.
Someone should inspect this place.
Please please do not stay here.

Room Tip: Dont pick any!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jordan L
Reviewed 25 November 2013

How this place is still open is beyond me. We were asked to wait in the lounge (2 seater dirty setee and tiny tv.) The dining rooms plates hadn't even been cleared away from breakfast (this was now 4.30pm) On being shown to our room double and not twin as requested. The sheets, quilt cover and pillow cases were dirty and not ironed. The heater that had been put in the room was filthy as were the shower, skirting boards and toilet floor. The windows were covered in mould.
We had to make our own breakfast but on looking in the cupboard the food was just thrown in and looked disgusting. Two other guests we met in the morning were appalled as well. One had woken to water dripping on him and found himself moved to a bed in a shed outside.
I know it wasn't over expensive but I am sure it could have been cleaned at least.
The only thing going for this place is the man who answered the door was at least friendly.

Room Tip: Stay at home
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank nuttyrita
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This place has no redeeming qualities. The continental breakfast is a toaster with bread, butter and jam, lidl cereals and long life milk. Tired dated building. Shabby room with dirty bathroom. Room not cleaned once in 5 nights. Internet not working.

• Stayed: September 2013