“Great hotel - Great Value - Great Bar. Will definitely return!”

Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great hotel - Great Value - Great Bar. Will definitely return!”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed here for one night whilst visiting Bham to watch Peter Kat at the NEC. I booked really early and we had a great rate of 33 pounds per night (excluding breakfast). The hotel is VERY close to Bham New Street station and we managed to walk there in less than 5 minutes. There is an automatic check in using machines in the lobby. These were very easy to use and staff were on hand to help also. The room was pretty small but very clean and well equipped. The staff were helpful and advised us on train times to the NEC. There is an excellent bar in the hotel which got very busy on Friday evening. My ONLY negative point is that nobody answered the phone in reception when we tried to call for an iron and we tried 2-3 times. This hotel was super convenient for visiting the NEC! Never again will I pay the high prices of hotels close to the NEC. It cost us 2 pounds for a return. Great location. Great hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Turkish first
Northern-Ireland
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The hotel was very comfortable, the staff lovely and very helpful and restaurant was really good. What more is there to say? We were very impressed and we are hard to please!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed here for one night in May. The Staff were very attentive on my arrival and helped me to check in using the automated check-in desks.
My room was large with a king size bed and big bathroom. The room was spotless.
My keys stopped working, but staff were on hand in the lobby (after midnight) to help me. All of the staff that I interacted with were excellent.
The location of the Hotel is very central and easy to get to many bars, restaurants and shops.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Canary Islands
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I can't recommend this hotel enough! It is in a great location in the centre of Birmingham only a 10 min stroll from the train station and with shops, bars & restaurants on your doorstep. The staff are very friendly and helpful and can't do enough to help you. The rooms are perfect. The quality of the bed, pillows and everything else is excellent. Even though the hotel is in the centre of the city, the double glazing ensures you get a good nights sleep. I would recommend the breakfast . . .. excellent produce and brilliant service.

Room Tip: Book early to get the 29 Pound rooms
1 Thank vwraithCanaryIslands
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Good room, clean and quiet, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was good (excellent coffee), but the evening meal was ghastly. Then again, friendly staff waived the bill when I complained, so all-in-all not a bad stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This hotel is situated very centrally, allowing easy walking access to the main sights of Birmingham. The welcome we received was very friendly, and all the staff were happy to answer our questions about the local area. The room was particularly clean and very comfortable, the air conditioning was a definite bonus. We visited the restaurant attached to the hotel and found the food to be very good and fairly priced.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel with some colleagues just for one night. Location is excellent as it's 10 minutes walk from the station and 10 minutes walk from our office in Birmingham.
We paid £74 for each room (breakfast not included) and I wasn't expecting the rooms we got.
It was just for one night so I would have been happy with 'whatever' as far as it's clean and I can sleep.

They have a self-check-in system through three machines in the reception area. You would need either the credit card you used for the booking or the booking reference but unfortunately we didn't have them with us. There was nobody at reception but after pushing a buzzer someone came and gave as our codes.
The machines are easy to use and you are given the option of booking breakfast while you check in.
I didn't select it. As far as I can remember the price was £7.99 (or perhaps £7.95) for an eat-as-much-as-you-can breakfast.
My room was on the 4th floor and I was very pleased with it: it was big and absolutely spotless.
I didn't have nice views (but that's not what I'm looking for either) but the double window system worked perfectly and couldn't hear any noise from the street.
Bed was really comfy and bed linen nice and very closeto brand new.
Light was ok for reading in bed and the carpet was soft and clean.
There are two mirrors in the room (apart from the one in the bathroom), one with light next to it so it's great for applying your make up.
Bathroom was inmaculate clean and the towels were quite good quality. Nice shower with good pressure and easy to regulate temperature.

Bar at hotel is a bonus!
I'll book again if I go to Birmingham again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business