Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Twin room”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed with my adult daughter in a twin room I had booked several months ago. The room I was allocated consisted of a comfortable double bed and a very poor and narrow fold out bed with a painfully hard mattress. When I pointed this out to the receptionist I was told that these are the only kind of twin rooms that are available in a Premiere Inn. So whilst I had a good night, my daughter could not sleep at all. This kind of room is suitable for a family with a young child and should certainly not be advertised as twin room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 927Annie
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please could you email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night and was on the first floor, in a compact but cosy room which had recently been fully refurbished and was very clean. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom had a shower and a bath. There was also air conditioning which was easy to control. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly, truly service with a smile.

The only thing that let the room down was the sound of what I can only think was scraping chairs from the bar on the ground floor, until about 2am. It was only a minor annoyance though, my advice is to request a room on a higher floor if staying at the weekend.

The room I had was also overlooking the road but even on a Friday night I didn't notice any noise coming from the street.

The location is great, close to everything Birmingham city centre has to offer. If coming by car then there are pay and display bays on the road outside the hotel, and they let you pay in advance so you don't have to get up early to put money on the meter.

As for breakfast - I would go to the (Wetherspoons) Briar Rose pub just down the road, it offers a range of breakfasts at much better value than the Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, especially if staying at the weekend.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Me, my husband and two year old wen away for a shopping break, came here before and location is just perfect. Just a stones throw away from the shopping area and snow hill station, tesco and sainsbury nearby for fresh fruit/milk for little one.
However, our room was very cold. There was a big draft by the window and despite having the heating on and an additional heater we were still very cold. We were given a refund because of premier inns.The lady- i believe she was a manager, wasn't at all apologetic and made us feel stupid. Due to the room being so cold we barely slept and had to keep getting up to
Check if little one was ok. Getting money back didnt solve the problem as we were shattered, but however no apology for the inconvenience! Shame as every other PI ive stayed in customer service has been excellent. Wont be staying at this particular hotel again sadly.

• Stayed April 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Couldn't fault our stay here. The lady on the check in desk was so helpful. Our rooms were great. Comfy bed and a different choice of pillows. Breakfast in the morning was the best I've ever had. This particular branch of Premier Inn does the company proud!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KimberleyJayne91
Torquay
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The friendliest hotel I have stayed out. All the staff were lovely and should be very proud. Kelly on the front desk exceeded every expectation known in hospitality. So much so I write my first review.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank S L
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great location, in the middle of city center. Also, check out the Italian tapas restaurant for a real treat. Beds are nice and comfy, staff is friendly, breakfast is in order and the room is nice and clean.

Some general Premier inn things - As a business traveler I feel that it is ridiculous that in this day and age the wifi is not free. Also, how many times do you want me to swipe my key card? It took four doors (reception, lift, access to my floor, access to my room) to unlock to get to my room. A little over the top. For a bank, let alone a hotel.

Overall - great business hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TomKrikke
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Can always rely on a Premier Inn no problems with this hotel and I looked forward to my sleep after my busy days exploring Birmingham.

WI-FI worked well however 30minuet free connection was short but for about £3 It was easy for me to buy a code for my laptop to connect and I had no real problems keeping connected and loading up websites and the odd Game.

Staff where kind and friendly, Very helpful when I needed to get my keycards reswiped due to them not working. My own folt for putting them by magnetic things.

The bar next door was fab! Lovely food and great soft drinks. Lovely Lemon and Lime avalible and they are willing to bring drinks to your tables instead of you waiting at the bar. I tried the Steaks and also Burgers and both where equally as tasty! The restaurant area also offered a great premier breakfast. The chef at the Bar is very friendly and always willing to have a chat and do all he can to help visitors!

Room Tip: Try out the amazing Bar/Restaurant!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family