Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was a very a nice hotel and also the room was so nice and comfortable.i really enjoyed the breakfast. The location of the hotel was perfect as it was close to the station and the bullring. makeing a great place to meet and greet The only thing was i could not get any sleep due to the room above me making loud noises and the banging of the doors as if there were drunk. It is not in my nature to make a complaint so i did not make one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Turkish first
Derby
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying in a Premier Inn, and I was certainly impressed! My friend and I paid £20 each for a twin room which is so cheap compared to other hotels. I love the fact that you have swipe your room card in various places to get to your room, as with it being a budget hotel I was a little concerned about safety. The staff were all extremely friendly and polite. The room was lovely and clean with a modern decor. I liked the fact that you still get things like tea and coffee, hairdryer, TV which I wouldn't expect from a budget hotel.
The location was excellent, being a 5 minute walk from New Street train station. Even though the bar shut at 11pm, the staff allowed my friends and I to sit in there drinking and chatting which was very good of them. The breakfast the next morning was fantastic, much better quality than I expected. Everything was hot and fresh and the Costa Coffee was lovely.
I really can't fault this hotel and my friends and I will certainly be staying again next time we come to Birmingham.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice now amazing comfort in the room and brill price. Bed linen lovely and clean as was rest of room will use for all future birmingham trips, bargain on premier saver booking. There should be a premier inn everywhere!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Enfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Lovely hotel - very clean and crisp bed linen. Bathroom spotless All staff were very helpful and accommodating. We visited Birmingham for the Easter weekend to visit the Think Tank museum, Jewelry Quarter, Brindley Place etc. I wanted to come to Birmingham to see how it has changed over the last 20 years - I am amazed at the redevelopment and hats off to the City for the Council in leading this major renovation of this important city

Cowes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Excellent service from the moment we checked in with reception staff being of great help with locating and booking a good restaurant. Great location to explore Birmingham as everything is within walking distance.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed with my adult daughter in a twin room I had booked several months ago. The room I was allocated consisted of a comfortable double bed and a very poor and narrow fold out bed with a painfully hard mattress. When I pointed this out to the receptionist I was told that these are the only kind of twin rooms that are available in a Premiere Inn. So whilst I had a good night, my daughter could not sleep at all. This kind of room is suitable for a family with a young child and should certainly not be advertised as twin room.

1 Thank 927Annie
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (Waterloo Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please could you email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night and was on the first floor, in a compact but cosy room which had recently been fully refurbished and was very clean. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom had a shower and a bath. There was also air conditioning which was easy to control. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly, truly service with a smile.

The only thing that let the room down was the sound of what I can only think was scraping chairs from the bar on the ground floor, until about 2am. It was only a minor annoyance though, my advice is to request a room on a higher floor if staying at the weekend.

The room I had was also overlooking the road but even on a Friday night I didn't notice any noise coming from the street.

The location is great, close to everything Birmingham city centre has to offer. If coming by car then there are pay and display bays on the road outside the hotel, and they let you pay in advance so you don't have to get up early to put money on the meter.

As for breakfast - I would go to the (Wetherspoons) Briar Rose pub just down the road, it offers a range of breakfasts at much better value than the Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, especially if staying at the weekend.