“Excellent”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #33 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Me and my husband stayed for 1 night to celebrate his birthday. I cannot fault this hotel. It is close by to the Bull Ring and 5 minutes walk to Broad street where there are lots of pubs and places to eat. We had 2 double beds in our room which were very comfy, the decor was stylish and bathroom had a bath with shower overhead which was powerful. The room also had air conditioning. If, like us, you want to go and hit the bars and pubs on Broad Street and have a late night, breakfast is served until 11.30 on Saturdays and Sunday. Breakfast was hot and delicious and the staff were frequently topping up the hot buffet. The staff were helpful and friendly whether you were speaking to someone on reception or in the restaurant. A trip back to the hotel is definately on the cards!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I visit Birmingham quite often for business and have stayed at the Crowne Plaza a couple of times recently.

It's just the ticket for a quick overnight stay. I haven't sampled the bar or breakfast but both look good. Why I keep returning is because of the most comfortable beds EVER. I sleep so, so well here. It's well located for central Birmingham and getting on the motorway the next morning too.

The rooms are a good size (larger than your average hotel room, I'd say), although I've noticed that the bathrooms are looking a bit tired in places (nothing a bit of grouting wouldn't sort out!).

I think that the Crowne Plaza will remain my first choice for a while yet on my visits to Brum! ;-)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JollyHollidayer
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed at the crowne plaza when it was just newly refurbished with my boyfriend and we booked the club room! the room was a good size it was clean and very comfortable and made it worth the price we paid. Included in the deal we got a continental breakfast as well which was very nice and we enjoyed it a lot.
One improvement could be a swimming pool if they really wanted to push the boat out as the hotel is like a luxury and i think would bring more customers in.

but over all nice stay and would 100% go back again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here this week on a business trip. Car parking cost £13.50 underneath the hotel which is what you would expect to pay in any busy city centre.

Asked for a low floor and got floor 10 of 11.

Eat in restaurant. 3 courses and bottle of wine for two at £80.00. Service with a smile and very attentative although fairly slow.

Rooms fairly standard. Expected a bit better as we had upgraded to a queen sized room. Room was what I would expect for standard. No mini-bar no real luxuries.

10 min walk to town. I would stay again but would perhaps look for something a touch more luxurious first.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I was lucky enough to stay here on my birthday on 26th november 2010 to enable us to go to the christmas german market, even for me with limited walking it was the most ideal place to be able to walk to the market. the hotel was gorgeous and the breakfast was second to none much recommended

Room Tip: we were on the 7th floor and it was no problem. we awoke to snow over birmingham the next morning an...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanessaparkin
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have stayed in most of the prominant Chain hotels in Birmingham recently and this one is up there with the best of them. My room was a good size, clean and comfortable. Tea and Coffee equipment with biscuits are provided along with complimentary bottled water which not all of them do. A nice touch if you ask me. I had a room at the back and i wasnt bothered by the seagulls as had been suggested in other reviews, however, i could see from looking out the window that they are clearly a problem and maybe i got lucky!!..The room was clean The staff at the hotel were more than accomodating and having forgotten my toothbrush they happily provided me with a complimentary one!!! I ate in the restaurant and the food was very good. Portion sizes a little small for me but i am a big lad. All in All i had a great stay and will stay here again without a doubt!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

In Birmingham for 1 night got a good rate good room good service good food good car parking. What else do you need

Room Tip: get top floor room for the view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends