“could not fault”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 19 May 2013

stayed here for one night as a last minute break.could not fault the hotel, the service, or the room. huge comfy bed and a great nights sleep. did not stay for breakfast so cannot comment but sure it would have been good

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank holidaymad47
Write a ReviewReviews (2,139)

Reviewed 18 May 2013

This is our favourite hotel in Birmingham, they never fail to let us down. We had 3 rooms, we were celebrating my Fathers 60th birthday. The hotel had arranged for a welcome note & wine for my Father which was unexpected & a good example of how they go the extra mile.
We didn't all check in together but the hotel arranged for all our rooms to be together. Checking in separately wasn't a problem, swift check in and check out.
Will be back soon.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SamGC
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Overall very happy with my experience. Stayed one night, mid week, for a conference at the hotel. My room was spacious, clean, and with very nice decor-more homely than some hotels manage. Bed was extremely comfy and bathroom also did not disappoint. Breakfast in exec lounge was a real pleasure. Dinner and lunch at the hotel as part of the conference was very nice with excellent service. Conference facilities very good. All staff were efficient and pleasant. My only complaint would be the wifi, which is not available in the bedrooms, and costs £5 for 24 hours-I thought this was excessive given the limited time you would use it.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Deledum
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I had the best nights sleep in a hotel for years here. The beds are amazingly comfortable and I had the perfect pillow. Result! The breakfast was delicious but it was hideously busy and the staff struggled to keep up. However they were smiling courteous and going as quickly as they could. Every member of staff was extremely helpful. Only one complaint. No wifi available in the rooms and chargeable in the lobby. Unacceptable for a business hotel.
The conference was held in the hotel and was very well organised. The food was exceptional. I was one of the conference organisers. We would use it again.

Room Tip: The higher up the better and even numbers for a better view.
1  Thank TiaClara347
Reviewed 15 May 2013

For business travellers, wi-fi is essential. For those of us who use Apple computers of Pads, the cables for wired internet are no use at all. And if you go and use the wifi in the ground floor lobby, they have the nerve to charge you for it. This is no longer acceptable.
The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear davidh of england,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza overnight for a work confererence. The check-in was a bit slow, but the reception staff were nice and friendly.
The room was lovely (1010 on the 10th floor). The bed was gloriously comfy, the shower was powerful and hot, and there were a good range of channels on the flat-screen television. The view from my window was of the city, and the curtains were heavy and good at blacking out the light.
There were good-quality mini toliletries, and a kettle with sachets of tea and coffee, although only enough milk for 2 drinks. 2 bottles of water were also free.
I slept solidly for 9 hours straight - other members of my party (on different floors) complained that their rooms were very noisy, but my room was lovely and quiet.
The room was quite cold, but the duvet kept me warm enough.
The buffet breakfast was tasty, and the croissants were gorgeous!
The published room rate is an eye-watering £220 per night, but I think our rate was £60 inclusive of breakfast.
The location is good - 5 minute walk to New Street station.
Wi-fi is £5 for 24 hours, parking is an expensive £13 for 24 hours, and the room service menu offers sandiches for an eye-popping £12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A coke at the bar cost me £2, and my friends G&T was £5!! Perhaps not the place to spend all evening at the bar, unless you have deep pockets.
All in all, it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: My room 1010 was quiet and cosy
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed for a Saturday night in April 2013 and was given a very large twin room on an upper floor. Nice bathroom and the whole room was very modern with very comfortable beds.
Close to The Mailbox for eating and walking distance to the Bullring and other shops, bars and clubs. Plenty of nearby multi-storey car parking.
I found the hotel to be generally quiet even though it was a Saturday night and clearly lots of people were in town for a night out (like me!).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends