“Nice and comfortable hotel”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #34 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nice and comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Crowne Plaza for 2 nights in August. It's a very popular hotel in Birmingham, so it was quite busy and there was a bit of a wait to check in. Other than that, everything was perfect. The room was clean, spacious with a very comfortable bed. We ordered room service as we got in after 9 and were too tired to go out to eat. Food was very good and we didn't have to wait long for it. Excellent breakfast too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear JMH12345,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I am sorry to read that you had to wait to check in and I sincerely apologise for the delay. I am however delighted to read that apart from this delay, everything was perfect, especially with our spacious rooms and comfortable beds.

I am also glad to read that you found our room service food to be very good and breakfast to be excellent. We value all feedback and it is always good to read when we are getting things right. I have passed on your comments to the relevant departments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel back in April (when there was snow on the ground!). My room was very nicely decorated, it was warm and the bed very comfy. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Couldn't fault my stay!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kelly F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to read that you found your room to be nicely decorated with a comfortable bed and our reception staff to be friendly and helpful.

As we aim to consistently provide superior service and accommodation, I am pleased that were able to meet your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Rochdale
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We spent two nights here recently and despite being upgraded to a Club Room (including access to Club lounge for evening drinks and breakfast) the overall experience was disappointing going off the many hotels I have stayed at over the years. The Club room was roomy and well appointed, but a major damp patch on the entrance to the room was a serious downside. So bad was the issue, the smell of damp had us request a room change (back to a standard room as no other Club Rooms available), a process that seemed to cause confusion and no amount of waiting for the concierge to try and find our room. On receiving our new keycard, there was no offer to help us relocate despite having numerous bags and suit carriers. Alas the new room was only marginally better than the first, a strong musty smell again prevailed and the window had to remain open all night to ease the discomfort. Having already complained once, it seemed pointless to go through the same process, though we did report at checkout.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Howard_CRochdale,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience for all guests and we appreciate you letting us know how we are doing. I am very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience due to a damp smell in rooms and I sincerely apologise for this and have passed on your comments to the relevant department managers.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate all feedback we receive and welcome any opportunities to improve.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

London
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Perfect location within walking distance to Birmingham New Street train station. Basement car park available beneath the hotel (+additional charge).

Spacious room, nice touches on free of charge bottled water (x2) stored in the mini fridge.

Great breakfast with a wide variety selection of food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank leftlegson
Dear leftlegson,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I am delighted to read that you find our location to be perfect. We are within walking distance of not only the train station, but also the Bull Ring shopping area, the ICC and the Mailbox.

I am also pleased to read that you found breakfast to be great, with a varied selection of food. We understand the importance of breakfast and so have a variation of full English breakfast foods, as well as Continental foods.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very near new street station, decent business hotel. Good breakfast and dinner but wasn't overly impressed with either lunch that I had. Comfortable room with 2/3 size bath. Took ages to check in and other staff ignored the growing queue which was a bit annoying! Found two hairs in my bathroom that weren't mine :-/

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Claire H,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel having a convenient location and good breakfast and dinner. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments, as this gives us the opportunity to improve what we offer. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused with waiting to check in and with the cleanliness of the bathroom.

As we continually strive to consistently provide superior service and accommodation, I will share your feedback with the relevant departments to ensure that situations like this can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed here recently on a Saturday for just the one night.
Easy 10 minute walk from New Street Station.
Friendly and efficient check in. As an elite member of their loyalty club I received an upgraded room with access to the lounge on the 11th floor, plus free wifi.
My room was located on the 10th floor with great views of the city centre. Four lifts available.
Very nice room with king size bed and so comfortable. Spotlessly clean. Bright, clean modern bathroom with excellent shower and generous toiletries.
Decent size desk with good lighting. Complimentary water. In room safe.
AC pretty efficient. The odd sign of wear and tear.
Popped up to the club lounge. It was busy as it was early on a Saturday night. Had a quick glass of wine and some olives served by a hostess but didn't stick around. Looked nice in there and with views over the city.
Restful night in that comfortable bed. Didn't take breakfast in the hotel or in the lounge as I had an early getaway. Very convenient for the city centre, Mailbox, Chinatown and transport links.
A good stay in a comfortable friendly city centre hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Aathony,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I am very pleased to read that were happy with the location of the hotel, our staff and our bedrooms. We always strive to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and are delighted that we delivered these for your stay with us.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the added benefits of being an IHG Elite Rewards member, such as the upgraded room with 24 hour access to the Club Lounge and and a room on a high floor, giving you great views of Birmingham.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our comfortable, friendly hotel again soon.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

A great place to spend a night or two. Walking distance of New Street Station and The Bull Ring Shopping Centre, as is the ICC. Plenty of restaurants and pubs around.
The hotel staff are always friendly, and the Club rooms are well finished and spacious.
I always enjoy room service when I stay here, and breakfast is normally good, if a bit crowded at times.
A great choice for a city centre break in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a club room