“Tired”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #26 of 119 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We've stayed here a few times over the years and have noticed a gradual decline in the look and feel. This time around it felt like it needed a good clean in the general corridors. Dirty carpets, laundry hanging around at 6pm. Needs a revamp to warrant the costs. Being central to the city does still give it an advantage, but not for much longer I don't think.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear Fogs808,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to know you were appreciate our location. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the condition of our hotel. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Booked this for my wife's birthday and meeting some friends there. Stayed in a Club Room for one night and had use of the Club Lounge for drinks and continental breakfast. Overall the Club Lounge was good value for money although rather busy for the "happy hour" between 17:30 and 19:30 for alcoholic drinks. The service in the Club Lounge was Excellent by the hard working girls in there.
The only problem with the stay was the check in and check out queues, however the Concierge guy was amazing as he helped out with check in and check out.

The staff were all excellent and we used Express Checkout which was so easy instead of queuing.

The only issue is they need HD in the Club Lounge as the TV picture quality is very poor.

Room Tip: Club Lounge without a doubt if you plan to drink for the 2 hours.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear James F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I am pleased to read that you found the Club Lounge good value for money and our staff to be excellent and hardworking.

I am sorry to read that you experienced a delay on checking in and out of the hotel, due to long queues. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this caused you, however, I am glad that the concierge was able to assist you and explain our Express Check out facility.

I have also taken on board your comments regarding the television in the Club Lounge and passed on your feedback to the Maintenance Manager, to see if there is anything we can do to improve the picture quality.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here last night on a weekend Christmas shopping trip with my sister and we couldn't fault the hotel at all. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, the staff were very helpful and there was also the bonus of being so close to the city canter and the German market. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Birmingham.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jed777,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and writing a review. I am delighted to read that you couldn't fault the hotel at all and were happy with your clean and comfortable room, our helpful staff and with the location of the hotel.

I am also very pleased to read that you will stay with us when you next visit Birmingham and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed for two nights for the Xmas markets, double beds not twins so gave us a put me up bed, quite comfy good things I'm only 5ft . Connecting doors not opened in quite a while , very dusty, housekeeping came to clean it while we were out , wasn't very impressed with the cleaning.
Asked for extra coffee and tea , which was also brought while out and thrown onto the tray!!! The plus side, breakfast very nice, lots of choice and staff very nice. The reception staff were very helpful with taxies, train information and restaurants.
Always try to stay at Crowne Plaza where ever I go and it's the 1st time I haven't been completely satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Larbrecklady,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced due to the housekeeping service. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your comments will be looked into. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 December 2013

If you want to stay in Birmingham, you can do no better that this Hotel. I had a good room with two double beds. The decor is clean and modern. The service was professional, polite and attentitave. The room was quiet and I had a decent nights sleep. The breakfast was fine and for £90 for a B&B night this was decent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mk1736,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay, especially with our rooms being clean and modern and the service from our staff to be professional, polite and attentive.

I am also glad that you found your stay with us to be good value for money and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here as the location was close to the centre and the German Christmas Market, which was the main reason for our visit. Although the reception/hotel was really busy we were booked in very quickly. Our room (Standard) was really clean, comfortable and very spacious with a very modern feel. The food in the restaurant was excellent and reasonably priced. The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Wi-fi is charged at £5/24hrs and parking is available directly below the hotel which is payable separately.

The only slight negatives with the hotel is that there are no sockets near to the kettle and the booths in the restaurant could do with dusting.

Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aitch1971

Dear aitch1971,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. As we are within a few minutes walking distance to the German Christmas market and the Bull Ring Shopping Centre, we are in an ideal location for those looking for a weekend of shopping and relaxation and I am pleased that you found this to be the case.

I am also delighted to read that you were happy with the facilities an amenities within your room and found it to be clean, comfortable and spacious and our restaurant to be excellent and reasonably priced.

I am however, disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the booths in the restaurant. We do value all feedback that we receive as this allows us to improve upon what we offer to future guests, therefore, I have passed on your comments to the restaurant supervisor to action immediately.

I look forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here this weekend and found the hotel very comfortable and the staff very helpful and polite. We stayed in a club room which was great. Lovely big bed, very clean and with everything you needed. Access to the club lounge was excellent and a great way to end the day with drinks and then a continental breakfast in the morning. A great location, 5 minutes from the shops and the restaurants. Well worth a visit if you are going to Birmingham.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Matthew S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to read that you were happy with the facilities and amenities within your Club room and with the added benefits of the Club Lounge, with the drinks service and the complimentary Continental breakfast in the morning.

I am also pleased to read that you were happy with the location of the hotel, especially our close proximity to shops and restaurants and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre in the near future.

Kind Regards