“Lovely hotel”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here New Year's Eve as me my partner & friends had an event on broad street for the night. The location was perfect not to far at all but at the very end of the street so away from the madness & noise.
The hotel rooms were very modern with comfy large baths & modern bathrooms with luxurious toiletries included. My only problem with the hotel was our main lamp was not working which limited our lighting whilst getting ready & that me & my partner ordered room service i ordered a sandwich that was suppose to come with crisps & coleslaw but arrived a very small thin sandwich with just a handful of crisps & no coleslaw not the best when your paying about £6/£7 for it however my partner ordered a burger & it looked really good with a lot there.
Overall we liked the hotel & would stay again for their comfy beds & great location.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Joannechamberlain,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you found our location to be perfect and that you found our rooms to be very modern with a large comfy bath and luxurious toiletries.

I was however disappointed to read that the main lamp in your room was not working and that you were not satisfied with the food that you ordered from our room service. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience these issues caused you and I have passed on your comments to the relevant department managers to action accordingly.

I am glad to read that you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marlow, England
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Looking a little worn around the edges but well located in the centre of Birmingham. A little hard to find just off the ring road so make sure you take directions if driving. Allocated a disabled room (I am fortunately fully able) so more room in the bathroom than usual. Good shower and comfortable bed. Dinner in hotel restaurant good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David777
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear David777,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
midlands
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have stayed many Birmingham hotels last December we stayed at the Copthorne and it was a great disappointment the Crowne Plaza is cheaper and much better .We were in room 502 there was myself my husband and our ten year old son, usually our son gets a sofa bed or camp bed but we had two double beds in our room, bar had nice relaxed atmosphere..little pricey...breakfast was great. Very clean, Will 100% return .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kazmike
Dear kazmike,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and like that our twin rooms contain two double beds. We do like to cater for families and want them to have a comfortable stay and so having two double beds ensures that there is enough space for everyone to sleep comfortably.

I was also happy to read that you thought breakfast was great and that you would 100% stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Booked a last minute w/e trip to see Strictly Show in Birmingham and needed a good hotel for a sleep over after the show. Tried last minute.com and found this great hotel.The parking was good right under the hotel and very reasonable. The hotel is clean modern, great rooms with friendly staff. The rooms were very comfortable and quite spacious two 3/4 beds in our. This hotel in walking distance to the NIA and all the local cultural shows. The shower was very good indeed with plenty of space. The breakfast on Sunday was open until 11am- what a great idea, so we all enjoyed a lie in the comfy beds.The breakfast was good quality, with fresh cooked eggs.
We enjoyed a look around the fantastic new library down the road and the canal has a dinner boat which looked great. Don't usually go back to the same hotel but will definitely use this one again.

Room Tip: Rooms which overlook the car parks are quiet
1 Thank Millie B
Dear Millie B,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay with us, whereby you don't normally stay at the same hotels again, but would definitely make an exception for us.

I was also very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be clean and modern with great rooms and friendly staff. We always strive to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and therefore I am glad that we were able to deliver these on your stay with us.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here as it was close to the NIA,within 10 minutes walk. We were not disappointed.All the staff were great and really helpful andgreat with the kids.The rooms were spacious and the beds massive.The were lovely and soft with four different types of pillows.There was a good tea tray with biscuits and chocolates,waters and orangejuice.The towels were massive and lovely and fluffy,the toiletries were great too.The check out was 12.00 and breakfast was til 11.30,all a plus. It was buffet style and really great quality.We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to going back there soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ShrewsburyChefette
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear ShrewsburyChefette,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be great and that you were happy with facilities and amenities within your room. I was also pleased to read that all of our staff were great and helpful, as we always strive to deliver superior service.

We do offer a later time for breakfast on weekends to ensure that guests that may wish to have a lie in can still enjoy a great start to their day and therefore I am glad that you were able to utilise this facility and that you enjoyed breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I find Crowne Plaza a good choice when travelling overnight and want something pleasant with good facilities and service. Crowne Plaza Birmingham met all my expectations and a little more. The reception was polite and pleasant. Our room was ready when we arrived - and we were given a late check-out. This was a great start. It was worthwhile booking a club room, with the lounge facilities. The canapés and wine were a pleasant start to an evening out and the continental breakfast a great beginning to our Sunday walk along the canals. The room was large with a comfortable bed and good pillow selection and excellent air conditioning. A full length mirror is always handy and this one was well placed. The bathroom was very good indeed with plenty of thick towels, a separate shower (terrific) and a bath. The location is very good, but do take a map when you are searching for restaurants - several are close by - some by the canal and others in Broad Street. It is an easy walk to New and Moor Street stations, the Museum and Art Gallery and other public buildings.

Room Tip: I think it is worth the extra to book a club room as the canapés and wine were plentiful and the con...
1 Thank cindylou45
Dear cindylou45,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the facilities and amenities of your club room. I am also glad that you enjoyed the drinks and canape service in the club lounge and your Continental breakfast in the morning.

I was also pleased to read that you liked the location of our hotel as we are within walking distance of the main attractions of the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here on Saturday whilst visiting friends in Birmingham, check in was smooth with very polite staff.
Parking was right by the hotel, £13 for 24hrs.
Room was very spacious and clean, beds were very comfortable we had a nice peaceful sleep.
I used the gym twice, it was basic but clean and adequate for a quick workout.
The hotel was in the right location for our visit, right next to the Mailbox and its many shops and restaurants.
We had our evening meal at the hotel which was average and breakfast the next morning also average.
Overall I would return here for its location and comfort but will dine somewhere else.

1 Thank George P
Dear Gmaxx,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was very pleased to read that your check in experience was smooth, with polite staff and that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your room, allowing you to enjoy a peaceful nights sleep.

I was however disappointed to read that breakfast and your evening meal were only average and I sincerely apologise for this. We value all the feedback we receive as this will help us to improve what we offer to future guests and have therefore passed on your comments to our Head Chef to review.

I look forward to your next stay with us.