“Great for a Girly Shopping Trip”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #32 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed her for a girls shopping trip to the City, with the carpark under the hotel and the main shopping area less than five minutes away it was the perfect choice. Reception staff were friendly and helpful on arriving.
Our room was spacious and clean. The Bathroom was full of lush goodies and fluffy towels. The water was steaming hot so made for a great shower!
There was some stains and mold on the carpet in the corridor that clearly needs dealing with.
After a night out in Birmingham we got back to the hotel at 1am, the bar was open and the bar area had a nice feel to it.
The breakfast was great, but our scrambled eggs took a while, we had to ask twice where they had got too. Would happily recommend and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Foreverangel18,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room and found it to be spacious and clean and with the amenities within this.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the carpets in the corridors. We are currently in the process of updating all of our corridors however we do value all the feedback that we receive as this will help us to improve what we offer to future guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Our annual stay here for the Christmas market didn't disappoint,upgraded to club lounge this time,room immaculate,staff extremely helpful,looking forward to this year's Christmas booking,well done all at crowne plaza for making our stay perfect

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Steve0973,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that your stay with us was perfect, with your room being immaculate and our staff being extremely helpful.

I look forward to your next stay with us at Christmas.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for a 3 day business meeting. It's very near new street train station and also well located for eating by the canal and for going into town too.

The meeting facilities are perfectly practical. Nothing special to say about it, just good standard meeting facilities. Lockable rooms etc. We almost went for malmaison, which was more expensive and probably would have been a more individual experience. But everything that malmaison charged extra for was included in the cheaper crowne plaza rate. Malmaison would have been very convenient for Starbucks etc since it's all in the mailbox shopping centre.

Recommend going round the corner to cafe blend for coffee. Very nice. Going a tiny bit into town for the Wellington pub which has a large range of nice ales.

There was plenty of bacon at breakfast - so that's a win as far as I'm concerned.

1  Thank gingdotta

Dear gingdotta,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel, with our meeting facilities and with breakfast.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently whilst on business n I have to say it was absolutely amazing stay. Right from the beginning the staff were very helpful. The beds were massive and comfy. The foid was sublime.. breakfast had everything covered from cereal to toast to full english even had sum continental stuff.. 5stars well done

Dear Shane B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that your stay with us was absolutely amazing and that right from the beginning you found our staff to be very helpful.

I was also pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room and breakfast and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here. Because I joined their loyalty scheme I was upgraded to a room on the 7th floor. Slightly bigger room than my last stay but get complimentary extended checkout if available and 2 complimentary bottles of water.
Checkin was quick and easy.

Dear Kelly F,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that you were happy with your room and with the extra benefits of being an IHG Rewards Club member.

I was also glad to read that your check in experience was quick and easy and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here New Year's Eve as me my partner & friends had an event on broad street for the night. The location was perfect not to far at all but at the very end of the street so away from the madness & noise.
The hotel rooms were very modern with comfy large baths & modern bathrooms with luxurious toiletries included. My only problem with the hotel was our main lamp was not working which limited our lighting whilst getting ready & that me & my partner ordered room service i ordered a sandwich that was suppose to come with crisps & coleslaw but arrived a very small thin sandwich with just a handful of crisps & no coleslaw not the best when your paying about £6/£7 for it however my partner ordered a burger & it looked really good with a lot there.
Overall we liked the hotel & would stay again for their comfy beds & great location.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joannechamberlain,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you found our location to be perfect and that you found our rooms to be very modern with a large comfy bath and luxurious toiletries.

I was however disappointed to read that the main lamp in your room was not working and that you were not satisfied with the food that you ordered from our room service. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience these issues caused you and I have passed on your comments to the relevant department managers to action accordingly.

I am glad to read that you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Looking a little worn around the edges but well located in the centre of Birmingham. A little hard to find just off the ring road so make sure you take directions if driving. Allocated a disabled room (I am fortunately fully able) so more room in the bathroom than usual. Good shower and comfortable bed. Dinner in hotel restaurant good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David777
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear David777,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J