“New Year's Eve”

Ranked #35 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Telford, United Kingdom
“New Year's Eve”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staff friendly fabulous VIP lounge great New Year's Eve spent with good company. Loved the robes in the bathroom.recovering from a hip replacement, facilities brilliant for someone using wheelchair or crutches.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Janice B,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay on New Year's Eve, especially with our friendly staff and the facilities and amenities within our Club Lounge.

I hope that your hip is better and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed here twice now.
Gorgeous rooms, modern, spacious and clean.
Location is superb, right by Broad street! shops! Mailbox etc
Bathroom is lovely.
And it's lovely and quiet to sleep!
Will always look to stay here when in Birmingham

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear LishyorkesCheshire,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay, especially our location and our gorgeous and modern rooms with lovely bathrooms.

I was also pleased to read that you had a great nights sleep and that you will always look to stay with us when you are in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was our first time staying at this hotel and as regular visitors to Birmingham it won't be our last, we usually stay somewhere near by p (Mal Maison) but not any more. The room rate was very reasonable and with 9 of us we had 3 rooms which were of a good clean standard with all that you would need present. The staff were friendly and very helpful, they accommodated our request to stay close to one another and I can't praise enough the night manager who helped us out when an extra guest decided to stay. Breakfast was very good and although they were very busy as it was a Sunday the staff stayed calm and made everything look effortless which we know is not the case. - Well done to everyone involved with the running of this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a family room or the also have roll out beds on request. The view from the back is not very...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sharon P,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your first stay with us and that you were happy with your rooms and with our staff. I have passed on your comments to the night manager who was able to help you accommodate your extra guest at short notice.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I've been using the Crown Plaza for a few years now and sadly it's losing it's touch. It's a great hotel with staff that support the hotel well but the corridors and the rooms are becoming dated.
Still would recommend for the location and friendliness of the staff.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Simon L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I appreciate your compliments regarding the friendliness of our staff, however I truly value your negative comments as this will help us to improve what we offer to future guests. Therefore, I have passed on your comments to our maintenance manager to review and action accordingly.

I am sorry that you feel that we are losing our touch, but glad that you would still recommend us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed here several times and each time has been exceptional.
Rooms are beautiful and to a high finish. Robes, selection of lovely biscuits on tea tray.
Beds comfy, choice of pillows.

Breakfast is a fantastic quality and great selection. They even put it on half an hour early as I has to be out early. Brilliant!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hollie L
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Hollie L,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. It is our goal to consistently provide superior accommodation and service and therefore as you have stayed with us several times and found us to be exceptional, I am delighted to read that we have delivered on our goal.

I am also glad to read that you were happy with your room and the amenities within this, as well as with the quality and variety of food that we serve at breakfast. We try to accommodate guests that may require an early breakfast and am glad that you were pleased with this.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was made to feel very special on this trip to the Crowne Plaza in Birmingham. I am a member of their loyalty club but seemingly they have improved all aspects of the experience of an entire stay. I was very impressed.
The rooms are warm & comfortable, clean & spacious. There is generous amenities and most of all the team of people are nearly all interested in helping you & very friend along with it ;o)

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view..
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Doreen626,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that you felt valued as one of our IHG Rewards Club members and that you were very impressed with all aspects of your stay.

I was also pleased to read that you found our rooms to be warm and comfortable and our staff to be helpful and friendly. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre in the near future.

Warwickshire
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Returned for Valentines weekend as we had tickets for Hippodrome, Swan Lake.
Dissatisfied with check in. We got served by the person who did not look at us let alone make eye contact, and no smiles or warm welcome. When we made some enquiries she did not answer but a leaflet was thrust into our hand
"all information on this"....clearly far to busy and important to talk to us! This made us feel unimportant and unimpressed despite paying for the club class room.
In fairness to the hotel both my husband and I both observed however that the other staff on reception were smiling and welcoming.
I think training is needed to highlight the fact that reception is the first port of call. Customers are excited and expectant on arrival of their mini break, their first experience of the place is on reception....make or break time!! (although in this case I have stayed here before)

My constructive feedback is done solely to improve on this fabulous hotel. To be fair this is not solely an issue for crown plaza as complacency on receptions is rife in hotels, and I just wish that they would improve the customer service and welcome.

Warm and cosy room, clean and fresh. The beds are so comfortable and big makes for an excellent night sleep.
Bathroom robes & plenty of towels so fluffy and luxurious.

To be honest I really could have just stayed in the room the whole weekend it was so enjoyable and comfortable.

Clun lounge was its usually high standard with fabulous helpful hostesses. Friday night we were made to feel like valued guests by the hostess in club lounge, she was a credit to your hotel, well done to her on her professional and wonderful customer service.

A negative was the Car park is expensive, and yet there is no lift up to the hotel, just a staircase, I expect you could drop your bags off first if you think of it.
You'll need to allow another £25 for 2 nights, which I think is day light robbery, a discount for guests would be appreciative, it does put me off staying here next time on principle. The car park is locked overnight for security purposes which is a positive.

Continental breakfast in club lounge was its usual high standards Saturday morning, spoilt for choice, lovely friendly waitress.
We we were later going down on Sunday, again friendly helpful staff but they had run out of strawberries and croissants, just a few dry pan au chocolate left which unfortunately I don't like. So I enjoyed toast and cereal. There is continental meat, cheese and eggs which my husband thoroughly enjoyed however I do not eat meat.
Will return as the stay was enjoyable and professional, a few development/training issues on reception but would definitely recommend. Keep up the good work.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a W
Dear a W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. Whilst I appreciate your compliments about the warm and cosy rooms and high standards of our Club Lounge, I truly value your constructive feedback regarding your check in experience and I sincerely apologise that this was not reflective of our usual standards of service. Thank you for highlighting an obvious training issue and in order for me to action this appropriately I would be grateful if you could email me directly to discuss this issue further at guest.relations@cpbhamcity.com.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.