“Stayed for 1 night would return”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #36 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had 2 rooms as we travelled with friends.

Hotel was easy to find and clean.
was less than 10 minute walk to the shops at the Bull ring.

Room was large and had 2 double beds.

Will stay here again.

Breakfast was great too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear pepsi123,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for writing a review. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay, especially our location, the cleanliness of the hotel and our great breakfast. I am also glad to read that you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This being a mixed trip, I choose something in City centre.
I had a couple of meetings and visited the Warwick Castle and Leamington Spa in between.

The Service and the menu was absolutely wonderful..Only drawback was they charged GBP 150 (i stayed in one of those suites in 11th Floor, i Believe) as deposit, and WiFi access is costly.

The staff were friendly and helpful, another issue is the noise at night the room was not well insulated.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Ramkumar S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you were happy with our location, with our friendly and helpful staff and and with our service and menus being absolutely wonderful.

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed by our wifi charges, however all of our rooms on our Club floors have complimentary wifi and therefore you should not have incurred any charges for these.

I look forward to your welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Booked in advance for one night for a conference. Easy to find and plenty of parking. Had a business room which was great

I would stay again and imagine it would a great spot for Central Birmingham site seeing

The staff were helpful and the continental breakfast was good. The wifi worked seemlessly which helped

Very little to report in a negative sense

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear foxydavid,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay and especially with our helpful staff, our location and our good breakfast.

I am also glad to read that you did not have anything to report in the negative sense and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We only stayed a night it was extremely pleasant. Staff were very charming and helpful the room was spacious and had everything you need it. The air con was a bit noisy but we just turn it off at night. Would highly recommend it

Room Tip: The Club room was spacious great view of the city. And an invite to the club lounge for cocktails an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mia21Oxted,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you found your stay with us to be extremely pleasant, with charming and helpful staff and our spacious rooms.

I was sorry to read that you found the air con to be noisy, but glad that you would recommend us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City centre in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and thought we would try it again as we were in the city centre for one night.
Check-in was prompt, although I (husband) was informed that were could not be automatically upgraded as my wife (who was not present at check-in) was not a Platinum member, only a Gold. I did query this but thought I would wait until my wife arrived.
When she did arrive and phoned IHG direct to ask why she was now only a Gold member, she was informed that they knew nothing about this as far as they were concerned she was a Platinum member. Armed with this information, my wife went down to reception and made them check this out and when they did, they found it was their mistake and demanded a room upgrade to the Club Floor.
A very helpful concierge sorted this out immediately and we, eventually had a suitable room that we expected along with access to the Club Lounge!
The member of staff in the Club Lounge was excellent!
Aside from this room issue, we enjoyed our one night stay and would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear hollwalk,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was sorry to read about the issue that you experienced with our system not recognising your correct IHG Rewards member status and thus denying you the room upgrade to a Club room. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this caused you. However, I was glad that once you brought this matter to our attention, we were able to deal with the issue immediately.

I was pleased to read that aside from this issue that you did enjoy your stay with us and that you would recommend us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Upon arrival I tried checking in at 2:30pm and told my room wasn't ready. Luckily my colleague had a room ready we could put all our luggage in. Checked in about 5:30 and my room was freezing! It took a while to switch on the huge, ugly,LOUD air con unit on the wall. This was so loud that I could not sleep all night! I opened the window but couldn't stand the emergency sirens outside.The shower was freezing cold in the morning and took ages to get warm. Not impressed that they charge you
for wifi!
Look forward to not staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Geminixo,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was sorry to read that your room was not ready for you at 2.30pm and that you were unable to sleep due to the loud air con unit. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience these issues caused you.

We do value all feedback that we receive as this will help us to improve what we offer to future guests and therefore I have passed on your comments to our maintenance manager to action accordingly. I have also taken on board your comments regarding wifi and we are currently in the process of reviewing our internet service.

I do hope that you will give us another try and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staff friendly fabulous VIP lounge great New Year's Eve spent with good company. Loved the robes in the bathroom.recovering from a hip replacement, facilities brilliant for someone using wheelchair or crutches.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Janice B,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay on New Year's Eve, especially with our friendly staff and the facilities and amenities within our Club Lounge.

I hope that your hip is better and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.