“Another great stay”

Ranked #36 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel, easily our favourite hotel in Birmingham. Great service & ideal location. Rooms were really big & clean, can't ask for anything else really. The only downside is the price of the drinks but for hotel prices they are the average. All of the staff are so helpful and can't do enough to ensure a great stay, from the check in staff to the concierge. Love this hotel & would highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear SamGC,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you love our hotel and are easily your favourite in Birmingham. We always aim to consistently provide superior service and accommodation so it is always nice to read when we are getting things right.

I am also pleased to read that you would highly recommend us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edenbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza several times, and usually find the hotel to have excellent standards. As always my room was immaculate, the bed comfortable, and facilities plentiful (large wardrobe, refrigerator, hospitality tray, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, bathrobe, thick towels and toiletries are all provided). The staff, as always were polite and professional, as one would expect for the prices charged.

My gripe with my stay this time is that my room had a particular odour when I entered it, that suggested that someone had only recently checked out, the windows had not been opened for some time, and the room had a sort of musty unclean smell about it suggesting that the previous occupant had recently eaten a meal in there. Also the toiletries have a very masculine scent about them and the overall decor is rather masculine too, as well as being a bit soulless. At a lower price this perhaps would be less of an issue, but at these prices I would expect these little problems to be ironed out.

Would this stop me staying again? No, because my previous experiences have been so much better at this hotel; but if this had been my first visit, it certainly would have been my last.

Room Tip: Park on level 2 of the car park so that you only have to climb one flight of stairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear LEMPOTS,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you have stayed with us several times and have found us to have excellent standards. I was however sorry to read that you had experienced an issue with your room on this stay and I apologise for the inconvenience this caused you. For future reference, we do have managers on duty 24 hours to deal with any issues that may arise and on this occasion we may have been able to offer you an alternative room.

I am glad to read that you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a long weekend with a friend. The room was immaculate and comfortable.

The hotel itself is just a short walk from New Street station and there is a car park right by if needed. It is very close to the city centre which means no worries about finding public transport.

There are plenty of restaurants/pubs/bars within a few minutes walk.

All in all a very good weekend in this hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Gail A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was very pleased to read that you found your room to be immaculate and comfortable and that you were happy with our location. We are within walking distance of New Street Station and the various bars and restaurants that the city centre has to offer.

I am also glad to read that all in all you had a very good weekend and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, very good location and good options of meals. Fair cost. Very pleasant attendantes.
Very good location with possibility to go to good restaurants and pubs even by foot.
Wifi should be free of charge for every guests.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Alexandre S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that you were happy with our comfortable rooms, very good location and our good options of meals.

I was also glad to read that you found us to be good value and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fine and the location is central, the staff were very polite, but the surroundings are pretty shabby and at £150 a night, and additional charge for Wifi always feels like daylight robbery

Room was clean and comfortable

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Thebecksareback,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and our staff to be very polite. I am however disappointed to read that you did not find us to be good value for money. We are currently reviewing our charges for wifi and do hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We often stay at various hotels throughout the UK for city nights, and this one is better than many we have stayed in. The rooms were well lit, well presented and very well equipped. Also as clean as you can expect, but most of all we were delighted by the insulation and sound proofing the rooms seem to have. Often in busy hotels it's a constant clatter from next door and doors slamming in corridors, this hotel seemed to have hardly any. Something we really noticed when we headed out on Saturday night, next door seemingly had music on and party noise as they prepared for a night out, however, we never heard a thing whilt in the room. Sleeping wasnt an issue and we'll definately be looking this place up again when back in Birmingham.

Pricewise it matched everywhere else, majority of hotels were £80.00 - £90.00 per night and offered as much value as the rest (if not more given the pleasant stay).

The views from the rooms are poor, but that is not an issue for us.

Reception was friendly and effcieint, overall a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Aleeetowses,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay, especially our well presented and very well equipped rooms and our friendly and efficient reception staff.

I am also pleased to read that you found our rooms to be well insulated and that you found us to be good value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nottingham
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable and attentive polite and welcoming staff, but very very expensive bar prices (peroni over £5/pint, house wine nearly £9/glass).
Room on 11th floor was comfortable, but with the only bathroom light above the mirror, the darkly tiled shower cubicle was positively gloomy and dingy. My welcome letter invited me to use the Club Room on the 11th floor, but embarrassingly, my room key would not open the glass door. The hostess inside did not come to my rescue!
My normal choice of hotel is Marriott brand and this experience has not changed my preference.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear TimKNottingham,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be attentive, polite and welcoming and our rooms to be very comfortable. I was however sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the lighting in your bathroom and that your keycard did not allow you to access the Club Lounge. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience these issues caused you. I have passed on your comments to the relevant department managers to action accordingly. I do hope that you will give us another try and hope to welcome you back in the future.