“Comfy”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hotel very comfortable. located right net to the mailbox. Hotel staff friendly. Complimentary wi-fi reasonable speed. Small Sainsbury supermarket 5 mins walk away. You can watch the Shakespeare plays in Birmingham if you have time ;)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear CabinCrew2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be very comfortable, in a great location and with friendly staff. I was however disappointed to see that you had only rated your stay with us as 3 star. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at guest.relations@cpbhamcity.com

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

After a couple of weeks of staying in some hotels under a different brand, it was great to experience the quality Crowne Plaza, Birmingham City Centre has to offer. Ideal central location, speedy check-in, higher level room, great bar and restaurant, and TV that offered Sky Sports (Monday night, so football was on). My only minor criticism was that the internet was exceptionally slow. Most guests now look for a good internet service, so sorting this out would make this hotel the ideal place to stay. In summary though, a really pleasant experience and would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear MartScot,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with your stay, especially our location, speedy check-in and great bar and restaurant. I have also taken on board your comments regarding our internet service and have passed these on to our IT support to look into.

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant experience with us and would definitely return and so I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Arrived late and parked in the underground car park (carefully avoiding the bays that have flooded!). Since I'm a Platinum member I got an upgrade to the Executive floor. Check-in person was very efficient - gave me the required free Wi-Fi codes and the offer of a complimentary drink/snack at the bar. The only thing that she didn't ask about was whether I had a car in the car park - but I suspect that it's probably cheaper to just pay the ticket yourself (£10 for 18 hours I paid in the end, which was pretty good in my opinion). Executive floor gives you the free wifi plus the rooms are upgraded apparently (though to be honest it isn't obvious what the difference is) - in addition you get access to the executive lounge with a selection of soft drinks and a complimentary continental breakfast. My only niggle with the stay was that I wish the lights were a little brighter!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear SirMixalot,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that your check in experience was efficient and that you found our hotel to be smooth and chic.

The car park that we recommend is the public car park directly underneath the hotel and the prices for parking are exactly the same whether you pay at the hotel or with the car park directly.

I have also taken on board your comments regarding the lighting in the rooms and have passed on your comments to our maintenance manager to review and action accordingly.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Crowne Plaza is located at the centre of everything, a walk from New street and the Bullring by day with a very short walk to the mail box and the cube for the nights eating and entertainment. The hotel was clean, well maintained and comfortable. The rooms are smart with clean lines and minimal clutter. Flat screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The rooms have everything you need. We booked a standard double which was lovely for the weekend a reasonable size and a good price at £80.00 per night bed and breakfast. we visited while the german market was there and the hotel had very few rooms left as we booked, there is definitely a deal to be done if they have rooms available. The bar was comfortable with sofa's to sit comfortably. The staff were friendly and efficient at reception and in the bar. Breakfast was superb, buffet style with everything you'd expect for a Crowne Plaza with the english breakfast items kept fresh and hot.
Car parking underneath the hotel with a charge even though you are resident which really would be my only gripe!
A great place to stay central with shops, bars, and restaurants accessible. The hotel is also very handy for the ICC and NIA both in walking distance.

Room Tip: We booked a standard double which was sizeable and had everything you need.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Sunnybunny1971,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that you were happy with our location and with the facilities and amenities provided within your room.

I was also glad to read that you found our staff to be friendly and efficient and our breakfast to be superb. We always want our guests to enjoy a great British breakfast and so I am glad that we delivered this for you.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed with my wife at this hotel for 2 nights over the Easter break. We stayed in one of the Executive Club rooms on the 11th floor - it was a birthday celebration weekend and we upgraded on arrival. In my opinion, the upgrade was worth it - the room was spacious and well appointed. In addition, the upgrade gives you unlimited access to the Club Lounge - where you can get complementary drinks and snacks pretty much at any time.

We did eat in the hotel restaurant and enjoyed a very good meal. Breakfast was also well stocked and we did not encounter any lengthy delays even though the hotel was very busy.

Levels of service were very good throughout - especially from the restaurant staff who helped with the birthday preparations and from the very friendly and accommodating team in the Club Lounge (a special thank you to Aamad).

The hotel is very well placed to walk easily to the Symphony Hall, the NIA and the main shopping areas.

The only negative would be the car parking, which is convenient but expensive. I should stress that this is not operated by the hotel (it is Britannia Car Parking) and so the charging is not under their control - but £27 for 48hrs was rather a shock.

All things considered though, I would recommend this hotel and definitely consider it in future.

Room Tip: Do consider the upgrade to the Executive Club Level rooms - the use of the Club Lounge can easily co...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear turnpike_bob,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday celebration weekend and that you were happy with the service and accommodation in our Club rooms.

I was also very pleased to read that you found the service throughout the hotel to be very good and in particular in the restaurant and Club Lounge. I will definitely pass on your comments to Aamad and to the rest of the team.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotels location is really good as it is a five minute walk from the cities main railway station and is also really close to the main shopping district and attractions such as the sea life centre. When we arrived at the hotel the staff were attentive and were very pleasant. The rooms were very clean and the facilities and complimentary products on offer in the room definitely enhanced the stay. Myself and the rest of my family also choose to have breakfast at the hotel. The staff were again friendly and attentive and the breakfast was superb. There was something for everyone and the hot food was regularly replenished and replaced even though it may not of been empty to ensure none of the food was cold. Will definitely be staying at this hotel when I visit Birmingham in the summer and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marco U,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding you stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay, especially our location, our pleasant and attentive staff and the quality and variety of food at breakfast.

I was also glad to read that you would definitely recommend our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the summer.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is just a few minutes walk from the ICC, museum and shops-so it's in the heart of the city. It's a business hotel that has no pleasant surprises and no unpleasant ones either. Expect to pay about £120.00 for a double, evening meal kicks in at about £25.00 and a bottle of wine is the usual £20+. The breakfast is buffet and 3/4*standard. Wifi is £5.00 for 24 hrs. FlatscreenTVs in the room and £5.80 for a pint of lager.

This is a hotel that succeeds on location. That's it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Lookslikerain,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with your stay and found us to succeed on location only.

If you would like to give us further feedback and help us to improve what we offer for the future, please email me directly at guest.relations@cpbhamcity.com.

I do hope that you will give us another try and look forward to welcoming you back.