Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,213 results
All reviewsthe club loungepillow menucar parkbooked a club roomcity centrenew street stationtwo double bedsbuilding workair conbroad streetroom servicebusiness hotelmail boxcontinental breakfastbrindley placesaturday nightironing board
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked to stay here for my birthday over the bank holiday weekend and had a fabulous stay. The check in was extremely quick. We opted to stay on the Executive Level with the use of the Clue Lounge and found the floor very quiet and the room was a good size. The location was fabulous, just a minutes walk away from the Mailbox where there were plenty if bars and restaurants. The hotel had even arranged a card and some wine in the room for us upon arrival, it was a lovely touch! The next morning we went for breakfast in the Club Lounge and the lady on duty also wished me a happy birthday. We would definitely stay in another Crowne Plaza hotel. It was a great experience. The only downside to this hotel was the car park. It was a little run down and not very well sign posted for hotel customers. We were a bit apprehensive about leaving our car there, but when we returned in the morning there were no issues but we wouldn't like to leave it for longer than 1 night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear SiobhanJade,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre to celebrate your birthday. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with your Club Room and that we you were happy with the extra touches the hotel provided to make your birthday more special for you.

The car park that we recommend to our guests is a public car park that is situated underneath our hotel and is not owned by the hotel. I have therefore passed on your comments to the manager of the car park to review.

I was pleased to read that you would definitely stay in Crowne Plaza hotels in the future and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here on NYE and the check-in and check out process was very fast considering how busy hotel seemed.
Rooms good size and with tea/coffee facilities, robe's and iron board etc.
Bar and restaurant area seems very drab and boring with no atmosphere but did not eat inside hotel so can't comment on food quality.
Wifi is very fast....location brilliant...would stay here again business or for pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear KTD837,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for writing a review. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with your check-in and check out experience and with the size of your room, as well as the amenities provided within it.

I was also pleased to read that you found our location to be brilliant and that you would stay with us again for business or for pleasure and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a 2 double bedded room. Room was very clean and comfortable on the 4th floor with very little noise. Well equipted with tea and coffee and complimentary water. Beds were comfy and room was well decorated. Easy walk into town and the mailbox next door. Walking distance of the mainline station. Staff were polite and friendly.the breakfast was excellent.
Now the negatives- the shower door on our shower was missing and therefore turned the bathroom into a wet room and extremely slippery which I found out when vacating the shower. the fridge did not work - and the ironing board was dangerous with the iron attached to the board. When I lifted it out of the wardrobe the iron fell onto my foot. Also the electrical testing on the iron expired in September 2013.we were charged £5 for 24 hours wifi which was slow. Most hotels now have free wifi of a reasonable quality. I know that the wifi will be complimentary from July. Also cost us £27 to park the car - so with 10 Internet plus carpark - be prepared to add this amount to the cost of your stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Flory44,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. We welcome all feedback as this will enable us to improve what we offer to future guests and therefore I have taken all your negative comments on board and these will be actioned accordingly by the relevant department managers.

I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room and with the facilities and amenities within it. I am also glad to read that you found our breakfast to be excellent and our staff to be polite and friendly.

I do hope that you will give us another try to see the improvements that we have made through feedback from valued guests, such as yourself.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hotel very comfortable. located right net to the mailbox. Hotel staff friendly. Complimentary wi-fi reasonable speed. Small Sainsbury supermarket 5 mins walk away. You can watch the Shakespeare plays in Birmingham if you have time ;)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear CabinCrew2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be very comfortable, in a great location and with friendly staff. I was however disappointed to see that you had only rated your stay with us as 3 star. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at guest.relations@cpbhamcity.com

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

After a couple of weeks of staying in some hotels under a different brand, it was great to experience the quality Crowne Plaza, Birmingham City Centre has to offer. Ideal central location, speedy check-in, higher level room, great bar and restaurant, and TV that offered Sky Sports (Monday night, so football was on). My only minor criticism was that the internet was exceptionally slow. Most guests now look for a good internet service, so sorting this out would make this hotel the ideal place to stay. In summary though, a really pleasant experience and would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear MartScot,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with your stay, especially our location, speedy check-in and great bar and restaurant. I have also taken on board your comments regarding our internet service and have passed these on to our IT support to look into.

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant experience with us and would definitely return and so I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.