“Perfect location”

Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza as my son and future daughter in law were getting married Saturday morning.
My husband and I arrived on the Friday afternoon. We had also had booked a club room for my son and daughter in law and family room for my daughter/husband and grandchildren for the Saturday night.
Our first impression of the hotel were very good, it is in a great location, 10 minute walk to the Bullring, 5 minutes to the Mail Box and Canal Basin.
As my husband is a IHG awards member, we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Club room, our room was clean spacious and the bed very comfortable.
We enquired if it was possible to get access to the other 2 rooms early as the wedding was at 1100, The reception staff were excellent, and managed sort out the rooms for my family arriving (otherwise our room would have been the left luggage area)
We were able to put flowers, chocolates & champagne into my sons room.
We had a wonderful relaxed wedding, a lovely meal out, then later that evening came back to the hotel and had drinks in the bar, the staff were always polite and helpful.
Sunday morning we all had a lovely breakfast together, again the restaurant staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was lovely.
Thank you Crowne Plaza Birmingham,for making our weekend special..
We will be back to stay again

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the Hotel, we sleep with the window open and was fine, until daylight a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Anita C,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that we were able to make your weekend special and that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay.

We will always endeavour to accommodate guest requests and I am glad to read that we were able to arrange an early check in for your rooms to enable you to get to your wedding on time.

I will definitely pass on your comments to our team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,192)

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights whilst at a conference in Birmingham. Great location in between the city centre and the conference venues. I was upgraded to the executive floor and the room was spacious and clean. Check in and checkout were smooth and the staff were courteous and efficient. Handy and secure car park just below the building. Not stylish or chic but perfectly acceptable for business users.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear womble5,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay, especially our location, our club rooms and our courteous and efficient staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here for one night. Although an IHG awards member, this was my first time at this brand. It is all very dark and cosy inside. The receptionist was efficient, and my room was lovely. It was very large and had a great city view from floor 4. The bathroom was small but the shower was very good indeed. Toiletries were good, as was having the free water. I was too busy to try the bathrobe! I did have some trouble finding the hair dryer but when I did, it was a good one. Dinner was in a very empty restaurant but was good except for the bread and butter pudding which was dry. The bar area looked good for socialising. Breakfast was well thought through, although the coffee (in pots) was a tad stewed. The eggs were being topped up freshly though. The bed was SUPER comfy. I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Daksha_Mistry, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear BoldlyGO,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for your feedback regarding your stay with at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with your check-in experience, your lovely room with a super comfy bed and with breakfast.

I have also taken on board your comments regarding your dessert and the coffee served at breakfast and have passed these on to our chefs and breakfast team to review and action accordingly.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great location for the city... in between the nightlife and the shopping...
On arrival the hotel seems to be far from everything, and in a strange area, but don't be fooled, everything is within walking distance.
Staff were very friendly, rooms clean, bathrooms are pretty small but more than suitable.
The air con unit did make quite alot of noise, and seemed to be the old style unit... But you can open the window and get fresh air, so didn't really bother me too much.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear tomwmorton,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with our location, our very friendly staff and our clean rooms. I was however disappointed to read that your air conditioning unit in your room was noisy. Currently our maintenance department are working on these to prevent further similar issues arising in the future.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

On a business trip to Birmingham NEC at the start of this month we left it too late to get into our normal Birmingham Airport hotel as it was full, thank God we did as the Crowne Plazza in the centre of town proved to be a great experience. Firstly you are a 3 minute walk from the train station which gets you into the NEC in minutes and avoids the £10.00 a day parking charges, secondly the rooms are great and the beds are designed to keep you in them for longer than normal, very comfortable indeed, our bathroom was a bit small but had a fantastic shower which made up for it. All the staff were great and could not do enough for you, the restaurant and bar offered up a good menu plus everywhere was clean including the public toilets near the reception. We will make this hotel our first choice when next working at the NEC.

Room Tip: Our normal room was good enough, I believe you can upgrade if you want to exec level

Dear DerekLarnaca,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you were happy with our location, our staff and our very comfortable beds. We always want our guests to have a great nights sleep, so I am glad that you had this.

I am also happy to read that we will now be your first choice of hotel when you are next in Birmingham and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a girly night. It was amazing. Great location, fantastic rooms. The staff were very friendly and really helpful with any extras that were needed.i would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a lovely hotel centrally located with great room size's fab showers and generally a great place to stay. Will definitely return again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Daniella G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay, especially our friendly and helpful staff, our great location and our fantastic rooms.

I was also very pleased to read that you will definitely stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Slightly larger and well appointed rooms as standard make this concrete block welcoming and although it's not on trend as a boutique or a glass and steel renaissance it nevertheless provides good accommodation and friendly service. The bed linen and towels add some luxury.
The reception staff should be complemented on their warm and attentive manners. However, small things like free wifi and a breakfast chef willing to prepare fresh eggs and omlet dishes would be beneficial. Bacon and sausages just about manage to stay appetising on the buffet stand but hard yokes and tray presented eggs don't look or tast good. However, in fairness the server did prepare fresh eggs for me when asked but should one have to ask.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevator

Dear Critica l,

Thank for staying at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre and for taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to read that you were happy with your accommodation and with the friendly service provided by our staff, especially our reception team.

I was disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with breakfast. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. We always want our guests to have a great English breakfast experience and therefore we like to prepare eggs freshly to order. That way, the guest gets their item made to order and hot.

With regards to wifi, this will be complimentary to all IHG Rewards Club members from July.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.