“Premier Inn, as good as ever and conveniently situated.”

Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel
Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My partner and I have stayed at many Premier Inns throughout the country but this was our first stay at Hall Green. Everything was excellent, all the staff were very courteous and helpful and we would always try to stay at Hall Green when visiting the NEC. The buffet breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Robert E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Thank you for your kind comments, regarding your recent stay and the staff here, at Hall Green Premier Inn.
Hope to see you again in any future visit.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We travel a lot and use Chain Hotels a lot. This one is as good as any we have stayed in.. And you get a hand cooked breakfast ~ not a sad buffet!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Robert E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thank you for your great comments, about your stay and you enjoyed the "all you can eat" fresh cooked breakfast served in our breakfat area.
Hope to see you again in any future visits.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

This is the third time I've stayed at this particular Premier Inn mainly because it is convenient for an exhibition I attend. The last two trips my wife has come with me and she shares my liking of this hotel.
I'll not go on about Premier Inns in general as it's all there already. Let me just say that you have to be a bit patient and persistent on the website to get the best deal.
This particular one is situated in a nice spot with plenty of green grass and trees in the area and a few squirrels too! It is not too far from the airport or the NEC. The bus stop for the City Centre is just outside the entrance and the modest shopping area of Shirley is within walking distance. The rather better and bigger Solihull is a short bus ride away.
We found the hotel comfortable, clean, the breakfast was plentiful and modestly priced by today's standards.If you are addicted to tea or coffee, there is an endless flow (free) and, of course, there are facilities in the rooms.
We caught a hot spell in the British weather and so a rather heavy duvet was perhaps a little too much but who can predict the weather?
The car park is quite big as it adjoins that of a Toby Carvery. As there is not a lot of competion for food in the immediate area, the carvery tends to get used. It represents quite good value but much will depend upon personal attitude to such self-service places. It's not all carvery - they do have some good curries!
The joy for us was the staff who were friendly yet retained the proper relationship. They were always very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. That compliment extends to the staff at all levels. Even when we were late for breakfast (our own fault), the manager came to see that our group was being cared for.
It is on our list for next year for the same event.

Room Tip: Our Ist floor room seemed marginal bigger than those on the ground floor. All the rooms at the back...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Rob E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Hello Farnborough

Thank you for your kind comments regarding how you found the team, we pride ourselves on giving world class service to all guests.It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location.
I look forward to see you next year.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed here for one night after my son had been to an open day at Birmingham University, and it was just what we needed. Our rooms were clean, comfortable and well-equipped for a budget hotel (tea & coffee making, TV etc.), The bathroom was small but modern and spotlessly clean. This is what I have come to take for granted from Premier Inns, which is why I stay at them quite often (no "whow" factor, but clean & comfortable).

We ate dinner in the Toby Carvery next door. Excellent value before 7pm on a Saturday (£5.99 each for the carvery if my memory is correct). It was not too busy either - I have been to other carveries and had to queue up for ages to get my food on busy nights before, but this one had no such problems. The pub was OK for a couple of drinks before and aftyer dinner.

There are some other places to eat nearby. The Chinese looked OK and there are a few other places, including some takeaways, but we didn't eat at any of them so can't really vouch for them.

This hotel is near a the "Robin Hood Island" roundabout on the A34, in a predominaltely residential area. The area seemed quite decent and I had no concerns about leaving my car parked overnight. It is quite a way out from the city centre and I am not aware of any "attractions" nearby. The loaction suited us as it was close enough to the university and in the direction we needed to go to head home the next morning, but there is probably little here to attract anyone to choose the location unless you have business in the area or are passing through anyway. Having said that, being in a decent residential area with a choice of eating options within walking distance makes it a great stopover if it does fit your itinerary.

I believe this hotel used to be a Holiday Inn Express (it is shown as such on some maps). The bathroom layout is the same as the HIE hotels, with the ability to use the door to either separate the loo from the washing area or to separate the whole bathroom from the main hotel room. It also has its own breakfast area, so you don't have breakfast in the linked restaurant as you do in most Premier Inns.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Hello Bracolass,

Thank you for your kind comments, I'm please you enjoyed your stay and found the amenities all clean & comfortable and were to your liking, you are right this was a Holiday Inn Express some 5 years ago, all the rooms had been re-modernised to the Premier Inn standard .
Hope to see again in any future visits.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

just as it says, good value for money, clean , comfy helpful cheery staff, good breakfast.

Room Tip: is there a "good room " at a Premier Inn, they are all the same to me,but room 231 on the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Not a location if you want to be close to the city but a great base for day trips in and around the Birmingham area. The staff was friendly and efficient.

Beds were a little too springy but all in all good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Rob E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Hello m0nast,

Thank You for your kind comments regarding my team here at Birmingham South Hall Green Premier Inn, which I have passed on to the whole team.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

My family stayed at this premier inn for one night whilst visiting friends in the area. The room was clean and very quiet. The sofa beds were made up for the children on our arrival which doesn't usually happen in a budget hotel. The receptionist was very helpful and welcoming. We really enjoyed our stay and excellent value for £29.00.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Rob E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Hello Graeme558,
Thank you for your kind comments, which I have passed on to the team, it's good to hear you and your family had a good stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.