“Friendly and helpful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Friendly and helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

My wife and I made the latest of several visits to the hotel in December and stayed through Christmas.The management, front desk and restaurant staff were extremely friendly and very willing to help in all respects. Some of the rooms are a little cramped, I asked if anything could be done and we were moved to a bit larger room after our first night without any hesitation. The breakfasts, with "continental" and "full english" options, were very good. Towards the end of our stay the daily refreshing of our room was somewhat inconsistent. We will be returning during our next visit to Birmingham.

Room Tip: If you enjoy space look into requesting a family room. When we stayed they were the same price as a...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay here at Hall Green Premier Inn. Look forward to see you in any future visits.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stevington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Welcome was good, Accomodation was clean and modern, Breakfast was very good.

Room had faulty thermostat reducing heating to minimum intermittently. Had to use portable oil filled radiator that was too hot.

Noise travels very easily through walls. Couple next door were making a lot of noise still at 03:00hrs. Hotel somewhat lacklustre in terms of acknowledgement & motivation to deal with heating.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Robert E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with the heating and with noisy neighbours.
Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously.
Rochford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Found the hotel and the staff in generally very good condition our experience was not helped by finding pieces of glass on the (disabled) bathroom floor and being kept up all night by extremely noisy fellow stayers having been placed in a room directly under the stairs.
Despite that found the general conditions , the staff and the restaurant of a good standard.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robert E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I really sorry to hear about your stay not being as enjoyable as I wished it would of been.
Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously.
derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

helpful caring staff, excellent breakfast, clean rooms. Had a problem with booking that was instantly resolved

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments, regarding your stay & the staff here at Hall Green Premier Inn. Hope to see you again in any future visits.
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Cant fault the helpful staff and HOTEL was clean and tidy. Only problem was when the fire alarm went off at 5.30 in the morning. would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robert E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your the recent stay with us.
Apologies for the alarm going off.
Hope to see you again in any future visits.
Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

This was my first stay in a Premier Inn, which was recognized during my friendly and efficient check-in. To be honest, I usually stay in more expensive hotels, simply because I stay away so frequently on business, I prefer a little more than the budget chains can offer.

On a positive note, the whole hotel was clean and tidy, which is essential, irrespective of how much it costs. On that note, I stayed 2 nights, mid-week in November and paid £165 which included breakfast each morning. In my experience, I wouldn't call that cheap, but there you go.

After booking, but before arriving, I was surprised to note that this hotel was number one in the TA rankings, so the reviews did not influence my choice of hotel, it was based purely on location, and there being precious little else near-by. I struggled like mad to find it, so please program your TomTom with care. Mine insisted the place was a health centre a couple of miles away.

WiFi is chargeable, which I find scandalous, shame on you! Bathrooms are very small and as detailed on the website are bereft of bath! It's a good job I didn't want to swing any cats in my bathroom during my stay, as it really wouldn't be possible.

Thin walls meant I could tell when either of my neighbours was putting anything on a hanger, or plugging something in, which is never good, as you can invariably hear other things, that you really don't want to be hearing your anonymous neighbour doing!

Breakfast was also surprisingly good, but again, not especially good value. There were more breakfast pricing options than I was led to believe when booking, which I might have preferred to the full breakfast option. I suppose if I was a regular Premier Inn visitor, I'd have known. Lenny never mentions that in his ad's.

The kettle's electrical safety re-test date had expired, which although is low risk, is poor for a national chain - shame on you!

In summary. I had an OK experience. It was OK, meaning I won't be hurrying back to any PI, but would when location was the primary criteria for my choice of hotel. Generally speaking, (not referring to this location), I think for a few pounds more, you generally get a lot more for your money. Also, I hate paying on arrival, it devalues the whole experience, whether that's in a hotel or a coffee shop, but that's just me.

(No animals were hurt during the writing of this review).

Room Tip: Don't expect a bath - this is mentioned on their website.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dodgergammon
Robert E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hall Green Premier Inn. I really appreciate your feedback as this enables us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay.
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

The title says it. Really very helpfull staff. Soon as I told them where I was going in the evening they booked me a taxi

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert E, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. Hope to see you again in any future visits.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
BEST WESTERN Westley Hotel
BEST WESTERN Westley Hotel
#68 of 117 in Birmingham
Premier Inn Solihull (Shirley) Hotel
Quality Hotel Birmingham South/NEC
Premier Inn Birmingham South (Longbridge Station) Hotel
Premier Inn Solihull South (M42) Hotel
Premier Inn Solihull Town Centre Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Birmingham South (Hall Green) Hotel? Share your experiences!