“Nice Hotel”

Comfort Inn Birmingham
Ranked #97 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night due to a works night out.
I very pleasently surprised at the hotel as the pictures online do not really do the rooms justice.
The room was very clean, as was the bathroom.
All the staff were very friendly on arrival and departure and helpful too!
Although the room was 'cosy' it was big enoght for just the two of us.
The only bad point was that the shower in our room wasn't very good, but this might not be the same in other rooms.
I would recommend this hotel to people for short stays.
We didn't stay for breakfast so I can't comment on the food.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerB504202
Comf, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Thank you for your feedback on the Comfort Inn, Birmingham. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2011

clean and tidy rooms and very reasonably priced. My friend and I have an annual weekend away in Birmingham. We needed somewhere very close to New Street station. We were so impressed the first year we have now stayed here for 4 years and will book again next year. Lovely breakfast too.

Room Tip: rooms opposite the station are noisier.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
1  Thank Janet J

Many thanks for your kind comments about the Comfort Inn and all the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again year on year.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I'm no snob and frequently stay in travel lodge, premier inns and ibis hotels but this is more like a hostel. The carpet in the lobby and in the stairways is Covered in chewing gum and the room I stayed in smelt beyond stale and musty - more like a public toilet. The bathroom itself was a plastic cabin about the size of a wardrobe on arrival I was greeted by a pubic hair on the toilet seat.
The bed was lumpy and unconfortable. When I tried to drink some water from the tap even after running for several minutes it was warm and tasted stale.
I could go on and on listing more things that were wrong with this alleged "hotel" for the price stay in a reputable chain where at least you will feel safe and clean!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank MycNorth
Comf, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction during your stay with us. I am pleased to say that we are currently re-furbishing bedrooms and when you are next visiting Birmingham please call into the hotel so as we can show you the improvements that we have made since your last visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2011

Stayed here for the night as very close to Alexandrea Theatre - idea for Britains Got Talent if you get to do the live show, which I was!

Hotel was quite averge, not a new one but things in the room worked Ok and the staff were quite helpful.

If we were staying longer we would go for a nicer hotel but for a quick stay it's fine and not too pricy.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WindsorboyUK
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We stayed for 3 nights for work. My single room was a pretty good size and the bed was comfortable, although my main complaint with the room was the sticky floor!! Both the bathroom floor tiles and the carpet were sticky and i had to keep my socks/shoes on at all times. Also there are no toiletries included- and no biscuits!!! (which is a particular pet hate of mine).
The area isnt great- sex cinema around the corner and lots of adult book shops! Also a pretty rough pub on the same street.
On the plus side the hotel is right outside the train station and it is a short walk into town. The breakfast is also individually cooked- rather than an awful buffet breakfast.
The staff are very nice and helpful too.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I knew that the Comofrt Inn wasn't going to blow me away and, for a mere £50 a night, it served its purpose: of housing two weary revellers for a night.

The rooms are basic but clean but the shower took AGES to warm up and the quality of the shower itself was poor - imagine standing under a child's watering can. Also, both taps in the wash basin were hot which made brushing your teeth an...interesting experience.

It's worth shopping around if you're visiting BIrmingham because other budget hotels are much better than this.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2011

The location is excellent as it is less than 100 meters from the train station and also walking distance to the centre, Hurst St, the Cathedral and Symphony Hall, the Bullring Shopping centre, etc.

The problem is that it has an ancient elevator. A relic that works when it wants.

The common areas are clean and corridors look tidy but the room I had was very dirty.
The carpet was so dirty I had to keep my shoes on when in the room.
The dirt was also where the carpet meets the wall meaning the vaccum cleaner didn't reach those spots for years!
Also the upholstered headboard looked like it needed a good scrub as did the curtains.
Once they solve the cleanliness issue I guess it would be an acceptable budget choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo