“Matreeses”

Novotel Birmingham Airport
Ranked #24 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2011

No complaints about the hotel it's self. Just the fact that you have to park in the airport car park and it costs £20 a night, something not mentioned when booking the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011
NovotelBIA, Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
Dear Reviewer,
I am pleased to you enjoyed your stay however was disappointed to read you were not happy with the parking facilities provided at the airport. For your future stays you may be interested in our “Park and Fly” packages which include parking for the duration of your holiday. Please call us directly on 0121 782 7000 or visit our Novotel website and we will find the best available rate for you.
Thank you for your feedback.
Kind regards,
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Spent a Saturday night prior to getting a flight on Sunday morning. Easy to pre book on internet on arrival check in was a breeze. Room was clean and the shower and bathroom was really good. Room was very quiet considering it was located at an airport. Only complaint is on both the brand quality and quantity of the coffee. Get a different brand and put a couple more sachets in the room. But that is down to me being fussy over the coffee I drink.
Overall I would recommend and would definitely use again.

Room Tip: `Shop around for deals on parking and the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
NovotelBIA, Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2011
Dear Reviewer,
I am pleased to see you had a hassle free stay and a peaceful night’s sleep. Thank you also for your comments about the coffee. If you could call me on 0121 782 7000 so I can clarify which coffee you were disappointed with.
Thank you for your feedback.
Kind regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2011

On arrival the receptionist was very friendly and efficient. I was booked in in seconds and advised that I would be in a room with low facilities as it was a room for the less abled. Thats fine by me I'm short!

The room was very clean. Took me a few minutes to turn down the air conditioning as it was a bit chilly. The mini bar was well stocked and was a welcome addition to keep my supply of mini eggs in. The bathroom was spotless with plenty of toiletries. The room had twins beds which were a bit narrow but comfortable. The bar had a friendly atmosphere and was quite busy when I returned from the gig. The restaurant meals wre a bit procey but only to be expected on an airport site. I went into the departure area of the airport where there was a variety of eateries to choose from. The skyrail to the NEC is right opposite the hotel on the first floor of departures. This only takrs a few minutes and then its a short walk to the LG Arena.
There was a good selection of foods for breakfast and as I was alone I was shown to a table with an in built TV to keep me company.
The only downside was that parking was £20 for 24 hrs but it was located a couple of 100 metres from the hotel.
I would definately stay again if visiting the LG or going on hols.

Room Tip: No airport noise!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank michelewehden
NovotelBIA, Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for such a detailed review, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope you are able to stay with us again when you are next at the LG or flying from the Airport.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2011

In one word, excellent.
I am new to trip advisor, but as a regular visitor to the NEC, I have sampled many of the surrounding hotels. Although quite a late review (stayed here in May 10) I have compared every hotel since to the Novotel and sadly (for me!) none have come close!
Clean, modern, tidy, friendly and chic. Excellent facilities, huge bed, wonderful minibar and prompt roomservice.
Excellent dinner and choice and quality of breakfast superb.
Only slight annoyance was lugging suitcase from the public carpark (10 mins) but that's circumstance, not Novotels fault.
I now need to convince my boss to let us stay here every time we come to Birmingham.
Definitely a safe bet and my personal favourite.

• Stayed May 2010
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for such a fantastic review.
I hope you are able to stay with us again when you are next at the NEC.
wicklewood
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Novotel Birmingham Airport, the location was excellent being steps from the airport. I had dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious, well presented and served with a smile. On pulling back the duvet on the bed I saw long blonde hairs (i have short purple hair!) i telephoned reception and someone came within a few minutes to change the offending bed sheets, the young lady also offered to change the duvet cover but this wasn't necessary. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay and dinner. I will pass this on to the Food and Beverage team.
I was disappointed to see your comments about the linen however pleased to see we corrected this quickly when it was brought to our attention. I have informed the Housekeeping Manager who has reminded her team to check the quality of the linen carefully when dressing the bed.
Hope to see you again soon