“Brilliant location and great hotel.”

Novotel Birmingham Airport
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We stayed here (family of 4) for 2 nights, 1 night either side of a magical day trip to Lapland.

The first thing to say is that the location is amazing 2 minutes walk from the car parks and a 1 minute walk to the check in desks, so handy.

Staff in the hotel simply cannot do enough to help and are so friendly.

Food and bar services were great, good value and plenty of choice and again service with a smile.

Room was compact for a family of 4 but worked really well for us, nice and modern, great bathroom and all very clean. Also sound proofing was great so we got a great nights sleep.

All in all very happy for the price paid (£75 a night) if you're flying from BHM and want a clean, modern hotel to stay in you will not do better than the Novotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Honestguvnr
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon. Kind regards Ian Dick

Reviewed 16 December 2012

This hotel is in front of the Birmingham Airport exit, just cross the road. It is a typical business hotel, clean and recently renowed. Wifi is not included, but for 10€ you can get unlimited access for 24 hours. Rooms are fine, do not expect anything but business suites. For 25 £ you can upgrade your room, wich include free wifi, free movies, 2 bottles of water

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pepe_moeder
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear Reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comment in regards to the internet, I would like to assure you that we are currently reviewing our internet offering for the future, We look forward to seeing you soon. Kind regards Ian Dick

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Any hotel nearer to the check- in desks would have to be inside the building itself! This hotel is situated directly over the road from the check in desks of the main terminal and just a couple of minutes walk from the`skytrain` shuttle which brings you from the nearby train station. If coming by car I was informed that this would be £16 a night parking fee.

The hotel room was good, as was the breakfast - staff very good - internet access about £10 for 24 hours - Maybe its about time this was free in hotels, but to be fair Novotel provide several computers in the lobby which can be used free for short periods.

I would stay again

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Reviewed 10 December 2012

We usually stay in this hotel every year when we visit the Good Food Show at the NEC. We opted for a two night stay this time. On arrival, around 8pm there were a couple already checking in which took an age... Finally, after checking in we got to our room which was perfectly adequate for us. We usually upgrade but found this year that it really is not worth the extra money - more to spend at the Good Food Show. We ordered room service which was disappointing and expensive. We were only given one set of cutlery between the two of us and no condiments. By the time we received everything the meals were almost cold. Next time we will wander over to the airport and eat there instead. Other than that, great location with the sky train - they offer cheaper parking but we had already pre-booked ours on-line - will check the prices for our next visit.

Room Tip: Dont bother with an upgrade, standard rooms are perfectly suitable for a short stay.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shona_L12503933
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Reviewer, Many thanks for taking the time to comment. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had experienced with Room Service, I will personally look into this with my team. Your feedback is very much appreciated, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Stayed here one night before an early morning flight; the room was ok, but the bed was quite hard and the pillows were very firm; I ended up with a sore neck and aching shoulders after an unsettled night.

The charge for wifi is ridiculously expensive at £19.50 a day; no free wifi anywhere in the hotel. Not many hotels maintain that kind of charge these days and I really can't see the justification for that.

The other problem I had was at breakfast; I didn't have much time before having to catch a very early flight, and despite there being more staff than customers around, I couldn't catch anyone's attention to tell them the milk they'd brought me was off. I'd been shown to a table a good distance from the reception point and I gave up eventually and just had black coffee. Not really good enough at £15 for breakfast!

Accor hotels have a complete monopoly at Birmingham Airport so if you want to stay near the terminal building you have to use one of theirs; all three hotels are part of the Accor group. The lack of competition shows I think; I'd already tried the Ibis on a previous visit and found that way overpriced for a very basic hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Reviewer, Many thanks for taking the time to comment. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had experienced in the Restaurant at Breakfast. I will be looking into this with my team, in regards to the internet we are currently reviewing our internet offering for the future. Your feedback is very much appreciated, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed 6 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Stayed 1 night as part of "park & fly" deal. as already stated, great for the airport but would not want to stay there longer. Cost of package for 10 days was cheaper than bookiing the hotel directly.(APH)
Room Ok a bit of the small side, carpert disgusting, bathroom could also do with a clean, had the
buffet breakfast, too pricey for what there was, overall it's what it is a cheap entrance to the airport. Will stay at the Ibis next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamplemouse

Dear Reviewer, Many thanks for taking the time to comment. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had experienced with the condition of the room. I would like to assure you that I will personally look into this with my team. Your feedback is very much appreciated, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick