“Excellent Quality, Service and Great Location!”

Novotel Birmingham Airport
Ranked #24 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds
“Excellent Quality, Service and Great Location!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Literally right opposite the departures terminal, this Novotel is well located and from reception area to the room, totally immaculate! The service was 5 star; we requested two champagne flutes on arrival and they arrived at our room before we did. Speedy service with a smile! Sadly we didn't have enough time in the morning to enjoy the buffet breakfast, but was given the option of either taking a packed breakfast or, instead, checking out luggage in at departures across the road and then returning to eat before flying. We booked this through my Accor.com membership (which is free to join and totally worth the admin), so it cost us a mere £40 for a large double room. Will definitely recommend this hotel and use it in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Finnish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel on 4th April chose it because it was a short walk to airport. The staff were very friendly and efficient and checked us in with no fuss, I was taravelling with my mother and as the hotel has no twin rooms they asked if I would like the sofa bed made up. This was the problem, the sofa bed was not high quality and i had the wqorse nights sleep I have had in a long time (my back was in agony in the morning). I do not understand why a 4* hotel does not offer twin rooms, if I am travelling with friends or even my mother I do not want to share a bed with them! The room was clean and fresh and the bathroom was bright shame no bath but that was just a minor gripe. The one thing they should change is the toilet it is separate to the bathroom and very small you have to back into it to close the door. Check out was fast and efficient and again the staff where very friendly. I would stay here again but would have to consider two rooms if travelling with friends as I could not face another night on a sofa bed again - so if you like a good nights sleep and need twin beds this hotel may not be for you.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Ian Dick
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time recently, and was there the same night as another reviewer when the fire alarm went off at 11.30pm,waking myself and family up. Can't be helped I supose, and would rather an alarm going off than an actual fire having 'other'consequences. On return to the room there was 'significant' disturbance from an adjoining room (shouting,swearing,banging) which the hotel took to task very promptly meaning myself,wife and daughter could finally get back to sleep...so thanks to the hotel for that. The restaurant food and service both for dinner and breakfast the following day were excellent!! Can't speak highly enough of the quality of food here, variety and service at which it was delivered. The room was a little dated decor-wise, small but very clean and comfortable for a one-night stay. The hotel validated our parking ticket in the morning, making our NCP ovnight parking £16 instead of £22.50. Would visit again if in the area.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Graeme C
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Had a great stay here. We wouldn't normally have spent this amount of money to stay at a hotel, but due to bad weather and the need to be at the airport extremely early to depart for our holiday, we found it extremely convenient and well worth the money paid.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We have just come back from a business stay at the Novotel Birmingham Airport.

Never before have I left a hotel on business feeling a bit upset to be leaving, this only usually happens on holidays!

The reason it was so good was down to the quality of service received - especially from Eduardo on the bar and Athena in the restaurant. Both went the extra mile to ensure we were happy and I can't commend them enough!

Other than that all other staff members were very friendly and the overall quality of the hotel, food and bar services was great. The only thing that let it down slightly was the quality of the TV & channels available in the room, but this was a minor issue that was blotted out by the quality of service received. Most of our time was spent down in the bar area socialising, which was a lovely area to relax in and had a much better TV.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing stay with, in my opinion, 5* service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

At first sight this hotel seemed nice and good value. However, we were told that parking would be £22.50 for the night on top of the room rate and breakfast was not included.

The room was nice enough, and it was close to the NEC which is where we were going.

We went to bed early as we had had a long day, only to be women by be fire alarm going off at 11.30 pm. My husband went to check out what was going on, and the Manager was extremely rude to him. Luckily enough it was a false alarm.

I wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. Kind regards, Ian Dick
Guernsey, Channel Islands
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Airport hotels can be less than inspiring but this one is really good value for money. The staff are superb, especially in the restaurant where my wife was taken ill and they were so caring and helpful. The room was large and well-equipped, and the reception really efficient. Location wise you can't get much closer to the terminal! The only problem was the fact that one lift was out of action and the only one left seemed very slow. Most people were using the stairs!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Novotel Birmingham Airport. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the issue with the lift, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Ian Dick