“Excellent Hotel - All Rounder!”

Novotel Birmingham Airport
Ranked #24 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed here with my wife on our last visit to Birmingham and what follows is my opinion and i hope you find it useful.

Location:
This is among the topmost pluses of this hotel. It is located right in front of the arrival hall of the Birmingham International airport. The hotel is just about 1 minute walk to the bus stand, 3 minutes walk to NEC, 5 minutes to the train station, 12 minutes by train to Birmingham City Center and the famous Bull Ring shopping Mall, 10 minutes to Coventry by train. This hotel is indeed an excellent hub for anyone who intends to see various aspects of Birmingham and West Midlands with ease.

Check-In/Rooms:
The check-in process was nice and fast and the front-desk team were very polite, courteous and professional. We stayed in the Superior room and the room was very spacious and clean. Bathroom and towels were spic span and I loved to get under shower and let the hot water soothe every strained nerve. The bed was soft and sweet to sleep on and the rooms are sound-insulated - once inside, you have no way of knowing how quite close to the airport you are.

Free Wifi:
I enjoyed this bit thoroughly. There are hotels where you have to pay separately for internet access and I was pleasantly surprised that this came free with the room i stayed in and it made my stay fun. The reception area also has a Mac Center with those large screen Apple computers for guests to use at no cost.

Food:
We did only breakfast here because we were out most of the day. The food was delicious and quite tasty and I would highly recommend the breakfast.

Facilities:
The hotel has a gym, a bar and other facilities to make guests as comfortable as possible and the details of these are on their website.

I would highly recommend this hotel and have certainly chosen this as my favourite place to stay any time i am in Birmingham.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This Novotel is very conveniently situated as a transit hotel for Birmingham airport, as you are literally 2 minute's walk from the terminals.

I spent a comfortable night - in spite of its proximity to the airport the hotel is well insulated and I was not disturbed by noise. My superior queen room was adequately comfortable and spacious, with a sofa and desk as well as a large double bed. Staff were friendly though the fancy computerized check-in took more time than a normal check-in.

I'd stay again if I need a transit stop at this airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Reviewed 22 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before a flight as it's the closest hotel, rooms good standard with fridge & triple glazing (I didn't believe the plane noise would be 0 but it was )

Only thing I would say is felt a bit out of place with a toddler in tow as mostly business people.

• Stayed: July 2013
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We regularly travel from Birmingham Airport and to avoid the stress of potential problems on the motorway, stay overnight at the Novotel which is right on the airport.

We usually take an early flight, so check our luggage in and then go back to the hotel for breakfast in quiet calm surroundings and return in time to board our flight.

This has been working well for years, but things have now changed !!!. The Novotel are now using Egyptian cotton bedding, and every turn in the bed is met with crackling sheets preventing a good nights sleep.

We are now torn between the hassle of no sleep before we fly versus stressing about getting a trouble free motorway journey on the day of travel.

Something for fellow travellers to think about.

Room Tip: Rooms are adequate, but the bed linen a problem.
2  Thank DavidGloucestershire
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and I will be investigating the issue with the bed linen with my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the very near future. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here on the night of 17th July 2013 to attend a gig by Carlos Santana in the LG Arena. The reception staff from the outset were courteous and really helpful. The room was top quality and although the proximity of the airport is very close we had no noise at all from aircraft. If you are flying from the airport this hotel could not be more convenient. They serve breakfast from an early hour and there is a full range of room service if you require it. The breakfast is excellent and once again the dining staff were cheerful and efficient. The bar has reasonable prices and we found the bar staff once again courteous cheerful and efficient. Car parking has a discount if you are staying in the hotel which is a plus as otherwise the short stay would be really expensive. Would definitely stay again either to attend a gig or if we were fling from the airport.

Room Tip: For an overnight stay our room was great. Did not request a specific room but our experience is that...

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013