“Overnight Stay”

Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank JASMOSE
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (2,497)

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was surprised at how good this hotel actually is. I arrived 3 hours ahead of check-in and they let me in with no additional charge. Hotel is directly opposite the departure area, so when you arrive you should head that way. Restaurant is decent, breakfast is simply great. The train to downtown Birmingham is quite convenient, so you could actually stay here and commute to the city if you'd like.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shen_Jackson
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I hired a car to get to the hotel and found it was longer to walk to the car rental than it was to check in at the hotel. I will have to check a map next time.

The hotel is clean and fresh the rooms are modern and spacious. Very quite considering the location and i did not hear a single plane during my stay.

The Bar staff sadly let the hotel down the woman behind the bar messed up our orders and served average drinks. Thankfully the duty manager stepped in and the food orders started arriving and the service increased 10 fold.

A fire alarm at 0430 reminded me of the importance to wear suitable clothing to bed, and it seemed like the staff were also woken as there was total lack of organisation when it came to mustering.

Despite these two issues i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ryan M
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for your comments, I can assure you that I will personally look into the comments you have made, and they will be dealt with accordingly. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Local meeting and I didn't want to stay in the city centre so the airport hotel was picked. Seemed convenient.
There are no car parking facilities with the hotel but they point you to the local short term airport car parks. Not cheap. So my advice is, it is fine by train or if you are dropped off. If I hadn't asked if they offered discounts for guests I would have paid £27 for the overnight stay and not £16.
The room was a good size and the bed (Queen Anne size) very comfortable. The toilet was separated from the bathroom, which was a very claustrophobic size.
The bathroom was clean with an efficient bath and combined shower. The shower end had a perspex panel so no sticking curtains. And also had the full "rain" shower head as well as the standard hand grip. Both features I liked very much.

There was an internal fire door just after the toilet door so I don't know if they sometimes section the room off from the toilet!!! Loss of space for the guest there though. Strange....

Reception felt very clinical, and the receptionists very professional and precise. Almost like stand up robots greeting guests. It wasn't my style. It was like being in a futuristic minimalistic clean environment. Some people will love it. I didn't. Nothing wrong with it. Just not my preference.

The company booked and paid in advance. The quick check-in doesn't work without the payment card so I had to wait. It wouldn't let me check out either. So I had to wait.

To me it was an OK hotel, but not for me.

Room Tip: access to the airport is great. Only use it as a very short stop off.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Reviewed 15 January 2014

booking well in advance we determined that the weather could be bad on Dec31st so we booked a room for our return to the UK, what a very pleasant stay. a Budget room 30 seconds walk from the arrivals hall, good and clean and very friendly reception staff. Breakfast was VERY good with a wide selection of foods and again very friendly and helpful staff. Definitely well worth the cost if only for the convenience, let alone room and Breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew T

Reviewed 14 January 2014

When we arrived on the Sunday night, we quickly checked in at the beautiful reception area.
Upon arriving to our room, we had, tea, biscuits, coffee which was welcoming.
Our room was cosy and spacious and the bed was so relaxing I never wanted to leave!
Bathroom was great as well, though sometimes the water in the shower was a bit too hot, even if you did turn it down!
Would 100% come back.

Room Tip: Email the hotel before checking in.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel is located right outside of the airport, very convenient for early flights
rooms are very good size
there is a bar/restaurant offering very good service/food but you can always jump to the airport and eat there if you fancy something diferent or a quick sandwich from Marks and Spencer

perfect located/perfect service, will always use this hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#23 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Novotel Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!