“Good hotel in best location for airport”

Novotel Birmingham Airport
Ranked #27 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for 1 night prior to an early morning flight. Have stayed before and thought it excellent and my opinion has not changed. Great room with very comfy bed and so quiet. Very clean and clean bathroom.

Love having complimentary tea/coffee in the room and nice that bottled water is provided in the room (but not free).

Check in/check out very quick and professional.

Shop around to get best rate though. Will just a few minutes research on the web managed to get a room for less than half the price initially advertised.

Cannot fault it's location as it is right by the terminal but is so quiet. Will continue to stay here when I have an early morning flight even though I only live 8 miles from the airport!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before our early flight. Hotel is right opposite departures so location is perfect.

We had a family room which had a sofa bed made up into 2 beds for the kids.

Really liked the bar area. Very modern.

Staff friendly.

Would definitely use the hotel again if needed for early flight.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sam C
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Booked online and went through OK. However, on entry to long stay 1, we had to call the emergency number at he barrier -the hotel had not informed them of our booking.
On checking in the lady assured us it would be processed before we returned home.
However, on existing the car park following a long tiring flight, the screen said £68 outstanding - again, had to spend several minutes calling the emergency number to try to resolve - they let he barrier up in the end but not sure if more will follow.
Hotel itself, we had a family room, clean, basic, comfortable, and near the airport.With parking good value as a shuttle bus takes you too and from the long stay car park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank telfordswan

I am really sorry to hear that you had issues with the car parking. I would like to discuss this with you over the phone. Please could you contact me on 01217827000 Kind regards, Ian Dick

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very professional check in. Comfortable rooms with a massive bed & crisp clean bedding.
We always stop here .
So convenient Get a good deal online. Trivago, Holiday Extras or the 'Accor Hotels own website.
Get a deal including 'Airparks' very good value.

Room Tip: We asked for a room so we could see the runway.Reception duly obliged.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJ49BridgnorthUK

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed at the Novotel Birmingham Airport after arriving back in the UK after a holiday. Like everyone else, I can't say enough about the location... it's literally seconds from the terminal building!

The check-in was fast and efficient, but otherwise I felt somewhat underwhelmed by the hotel. Although the rooms are small, they are reasonably well appointed. However, they are certainly showing their age and feel a little bit dingy... some updating is definitely required. Having said that, I did sleep well, and that's probably the most important thing!

Overall a decent stay; nothing in particular to complain about, but also not much to rave about (other than the location).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AR_Cox_
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in March on a business trip. It's just across the road from the airport and you can get the monorail to the NEC and train station so it's really handy. The staff here were lovely, and so helpful. I ate in the restaurant once for dinner, and had breakfast both days I stayed. The dinner was nice but in my opinion it was quite pricey - probably because of the location. On the second night I ate dinner at the Frankie and Benny's in the hotel. Breakfast was included in the price and it was delicious and there was loads of choice. The room was large and spacious - the bed was huge and so comfy. There was no bathtub in my room which was the only downside but apart from that I couldn't fault the hotel. The bar, facilities, etc were all really modern and clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked this hotel through Holiday Extras and chose it as we had an early morning flight and wanted fuss free travel. It seemed ideal to have an on airport hotel,with parking and just a few minutes stroll to the terminal. We didn't realise, until checking our confirmation email that the parking would entail a15 minute drive fromThe hotel to the offsite Airparks car park & then another 15 minutes back on the car park bus to the hotel! In fact, if you get the timing wrong you could be waiting 25 minutes for the next bus! Previously when we have booked on airport hotels with parking the car is either parked on site or it is moved off site by staff once we've left. Just beware, your easy start to your trip could turn into a lot of hassle ! This is clearly not the hotels fault & the receptionist commented that we weren't the first guests to be disappointed when they realised the parking they were getting with this deal.
The hotel was functional and clean and the reception staff excellent. Our bed was very comfortable and bathrooms clean with good toiletries. Would choose this hotel again but make sure I had more convenient parking.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple