“Excellent”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Telford, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend before a next morning flight to Edinburgh. Everything was great, staff were friendly and check in was very quick and efficient. Our room was lovely, very modern and big. I'd never stayed at an airport hotel previous to this one and based on my stay here I would definitely do it again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDizzle1990
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Finnish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Super fast check in and out, efficient well mannered staff, great executive room and good food made for a very pleasant night. The proximity to Departures (on the doorstep) meant the early start for the 7.00 AM flight was a breeze.

The next time I fly from Birmingham I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for an Executive room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vaughan H
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
leicester
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the 23rd June and found this hotel extremely convient to the airport as it's just across the car park , so no hotel transfer buses to worry about etc.
We paid for a executive room with dinner ,the room we found of acceptable standard however a bit small, bed close to wall to fit in . Coffee and free water was available as well as wi fi . My only moan about the room really was the toilet being separate from the showers and sink, so being blunt after a call of nature you had to open doors to enter the the bathroom to wash your hands, not very hygienic in my view hate to think how many germs might be on that toilet door handle.
The restaurant was a good standard . We got a limited menu as pre booked but still a fair choice . My other half had fish and chips and I had a Thai red curry both where of a high standard , my curry was nearly as good as the one I had in Thailand .
Overal I would recommend this hotel . As they say it's small things that count ie yes they have a alarm system on the TV and the phone says you can set a alarm but when you have to get up at crack of dawn , I don't trust technology and reception kindly arranged a personal alarm call, so thank you and we'll done .
I will definitely consider using this hotel if travel. From Birmingham airport

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank alanb
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

What a great experience at a hotel. Probably the best yet of all the hotels I've stayed at. Easy quick check in with friendly staff. We were parked in the airport parking lot and the reception staff took our pass and validated it and told us where we should park so we don't get charged. We didn't get charged to check out of the airport parking. Staying with our children is usually difficult because they hate to share a bed. The sofa in our room opens to two twin beds rather than a double mattress. Awesome! No complaints from my kids at all and they slept in peace. Very modern with built in room safes and a wake up alarm on the television. Plugs on the headboards for technology use came in very hand! Superior hotel. Thanks for the stay. We opted out of breakfast as we had an early flight but it was reasonably priced compared to the airport restaurants.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank canoegirl76
ballina, nsw
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After a long flight is was very pleasing to be met with a warm welcome from reception staff and a quick checkin. Room of average size with view to airport. Bathroom a bit cramped but clean, with good towels and plenty of hot water. Bedding was clean and comfortable. Breakfast service was very good with a good selection to chose from in a well lit setting. Hotel is directly outside the airport terminal which was very handy for us weary travellers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wiskey
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Coalville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

With the airport just across the road this is an ideal place if one has an early morning flight. Breakfast is from 5.00am as well, OK so if you have to check in before 5.00 breakfast may well be missed. I did not think it worth risking being late for my flight call so skipped breakfast. You should keep in mind the length of the queues at security. Apart from missing breakfast I had a good night's sleep and with no rush to the airport check in a very relaxing flight as well. Well recommended due to the location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnA1943
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Just to make you aware for the future that we do offer a continental breakfast before 5.00am. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Ian Dick