Novotel Birmingham Centre
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
1,553 results
All reviewsbroad streetseparate toiletcar parksymphony hallbarclaycard arenaexecutive roombirmingham centrebrindley placebars and restaurantssaturday nightnight lifesofa bedcentral locationcoffee machinelight sleeperearly hoursstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Nottingham
Reviewed 9 July 2011

The outside of the hotel does not give much insight as to what it is like inside. The staff were so friendly and approachable. The decor is modern and clean and the rooms were all well serviced. Breakfast provided was lovely and the stay was a really pleasant one. Car parking at the public car park below was expensive (£17 for a night and day). Apart from this, thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

We at the Novotel Birmingham Centre very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and have noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. It is our intention renovate the frontage of the hotel very soon, to reflect the interior which has just undergone a complete refurbishment in April.May. We hope to see you back in the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Its a very noisy street but the hotel keeps most of it out. There was a wedding on at the time and apart from feeling like i was at a wedding recption in the bar the noise in the rooms was ok. Some of the staff here are not very nice, door men ignor everyone even when you speak to them. Other staff are really nice and chatty.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks for leaving your complementary thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I have taken note of your comments about our door staff. Rest assured we will be addressing your comments with the security firm who provide them, to remind them that every guest should be greeted and treated with respect. Thank you, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2011

My Mum and I stayed here recently as we were watching Take That at Villa Park and wanted to make a little break of it. The Hotel was booked through Laterooms costing £99. Upon arrival, we were greeted in a very professional and friendly manner and were glad to note how clean the hotel was. Our room was on the sixth floor and was lovely also. Not only was it clean but, there were 2 (very comfortable) double beds. There was a strange smell in the toilet (separate from the bath room) but, it all seemed very clean. There was a little indoor children's area by the reception which, as a Mother of 2, I appreciated! The bar was lovely, well stocked and reasonably priced. As it is a city - centre Hotel, there is a reasonable amount of noise during the night but, not unacceptable. We ordered bedtime drinks from Room Service which were both prompt and expensive! Breakfast was beautiful although we had to ask three times for our coffee. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2011

Room half refurbished and only 50% of electric points worked. Main entrance closed, entry through bar. Lifts very small. No air conditioning in room. Not as good as Holiday Inn Express. Great location for city centre buzz or business but too hot for me.

• Stayed: June 2011

I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at Novotel Birmingham Centre appreciate your feedback and would value the opportunity to showcase our fantastic new ground floor facilities and to try to convince you that we are worthy of our 4 star status.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

The hotel is centrally located so you do expect the nightlife to be going on for a while. On the day of my stay the hotel was having renovations and it was quite a building site, however the staff were extremely helpful and assisted all their guests. This is a clean, hotel with good customer service.
The down side was when the cleaner kept trying to get in, as I was due to check out I had to keep telling her to leave me alone for a bit...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DeerUk

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is good to hear that most guests felt that we dealt with managing our recent refurbishmnet professionally. We put much effort into ensuring that every guest had the opportunity to discuss the works and see our plans. Please rest assured that I have taken note of your comments and the issue you have mentioned will be addressed with my team. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Birmingham Centre very soon to see the finished ground floor. We are delighted with the outcome of the project.