“Fantastic value for money!”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #41 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 August 2011

A brilliant hotel and great value for the money we paid. The lady who greeted us was very nice and again when we checked out, all very polite. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. All staff were polite and friendly, unlike some hotels we have stayed in. The breakfast was fantastic with a wide range to select from. Would highly reccommend this hotel and would return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Birmingham Centre

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Booked an executive room at £57 a night with their summer sale offer. This included some very nice benefits such as free movies and internet, free mineral water, a coffee machine and bathrobe, sadly the hotel had run out of slippers but this was not a big problem and staff were very apologetic. I'm not sure how different the exec rooms are from the standard rooms, our room was nice but I wouldn't say amazing, perhaps a little clinical and the toilet room was a bit depressing, however it was clean, had everything we needed and featured a walk in shower as well as a rather impressive bath tub from which you are able to view and hear the tv! The hotel has a steam room and a sauna on the ground floor which are turned on at around 6pm until 10pm, however you can request them to be turned on earlier if desired. This feature was actually the reason I booked the hotel and I was not dissapointed, both facilities were really nice and as we went a little before 6pm we had them to ourselves for the most part. I was really impressed with the breakfast, we were greeted upon arrival to the breakfast room with a mango shot and then shown to a table and given a little breakfast orientation, the choice was great, english breakfast items (eggs, vegetarian/pork sausages, bacon, beans etc) and loads of continental items, a highlight for me was the waffels which were delicious. So all in all I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and for the price I paid it was excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre very soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel for work. It was £45 B&B on their special last minute blue rate which was excellent value. Good service. Really nice new reception area. Good size rooms. Good choice of films/internet packages at a decent price (which makes a change for hotels). Room service is also good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

So glad you had an enjoyable time in Birmingham, whilst staying at the Novotel! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Birmingham Novotel is typical of the best hotels in the Novotel chain. The staff really make the hotel, a warm friendly greeting on arrival and courteous, not overpowering and definitely not false attention throughout the stay. The team have worked together for a number of years and I am sure this helps.

It is always my first choice in Birmingham when doing a price comparison for my regular business trips. Occasionally when they are really busy the price goes way up as does the rate at other hotels. When this situation arises I stay at the Ibis in Bordesely Circus, another great team but the hotels cannot be compared.

Breakfast is consistently excellent and evening meals are mostly reliable.

Easy access to the city centre, underground secure but chargeable car park make this a great choice. I have stayed there frequently over a number of years and am happy to reccommend to fellow directors at work, visiting execs from partner organisations and to any of our staff from around the country who want a little affordable luxury when vsiting Birmingham for a weekend.

The only challenge the staff face is keeping up the great work!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I arrived late - could find my booking but not my check in details. This took a considerable amount of time to sort. The room is what you would expect, basic but comfortable. The wi-fi is charged extra and is something you need to sort out individually. The breakfast was good and the service was attentive and friendly. There was a prom taking place and the music could be heard several floors up. I feel this should have been pointed out when the booking was made. Given that there were large groups of teenagers in the hotel. The hotel generally had a nice open feel to it, but it just lacked that personal attention. I used the steam room and was informed that the sauna worked - it didn't while I was there.
I did ask to be contacted given that I would be travelling to Birmingham for several months. My details were taken and I never heard anymore - this I feel is bad customer service!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments, which we will address where appropriate. We have also been trying to contact this guest to further our business relationship and will continue to do so. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is right in the middle of a very liverly Broad Street which is great for Restaurnats and other entertainmnet. A bit too lively on a Sat night though if you do want to get a totally undisturbed sleep - probably dependent on where your room is though?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Glad you had a good time at Novotel Birmingham Centre! Hope to see you again.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

My family and I stayed for one night inJuly. My husband and 11 year old daughter were just over halfway through a 500 mile sponsored tandem ride from Edinburgh to South Wales. The staff could not have been more supportive and really interested in what we were trying to achieve. They provided space to store the tandem overnight and we had a very comfortable night at the hotel. The rooms were clean and well equipped. Thank you all for everything you did for us!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Birmingham. We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.