“Novotel Birmingham”

An Accor traveller
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I needed a city centre hotel to stay in for a night out in town, and having driven past the Novotel a fair few times I thought it would be a very convenient place to stay. A good deal later and I checked in for a quick overnight stay.

Overall I was impressed by the hotel. It was clean and modern the staff were very friendly and attentive. The room itself was also very good. Decent size, with modern and tidy fixtures and fittings. The bed was spacious and comfortable, flat screen TV had a decent selection of channels and the bathroom too was pleasant. I was also impressed by the iPod docking system in the room, nice feature I would like to see more of.

The only things that disappointed me, was firstly the heat in the room. I did turn the thermostat down but it didn't seem to do anything. I like warmth, but it felt tropical in there. And secondly, I found there to be significant noise from other rooms & the main road outside during the night, which given that I had been out until quite late myself I am surprised woke me.

All things considered, this is a really nice little hotel, would recommend and happily stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Please feel free to let us know immediately if you have any concerns during your stay in the future. We hope to see you back in the hotel very soon? Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed here as a one off to attend a comedy gig on broad street. The hotel is in a very good location with walking access to the NIA, Symphony Hall, Broad street, nightclubs, bars, restaurants and shops. Hotel was fine, rooms were clean and spacious, staff were really friendly. The parking I thought was a bit pricey considering we were guests but I imagine this is the same for most city hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are clean and the food was good value. The only thing that frustrated me was when I was called 5 minutes into eating my room service to check everything was OK. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This Novotel is situated on Broadstreet which is in the city centre with basically everything within walking distance.

The hotel has a very nice lobby and the staff is very friendly. Rooms are nice, nothing too fancy but you will get everything you need. Bathroom looks very nice, better then I expected.

Breakfast is very good and the staff in the restaurant is happy to assist.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank MikeB92

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Birmingham. We very much focus on our customer service and are striving to ensure that every guests feels that we have made their stay special. We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Booked as a last minute room and was very impressed. We picked the hotel due to location and price (£67 for a standard double room). We checked in at about 8pm and were greeted by a very friendly man, we were offered an upgrade to an executive room for £20 extra but decided against this as we really only needed a place to sleep. The room was modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable and more than big enough! The only negative to this hotel is that there was no option for a smoking room, meaning that we had to go out to the front of the hotel throughout our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 409 which is on the left hand side of the building slightly back from Broad Street...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Novotel Birmingham Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights with my wife for valentine's and found everything very good in the hotel, the location is very central and within a few minutes walk of the town center and plenty of bars and restaurants in the surrounding area.
We both found the hotel clean and all the staff helpful, the gym, sauna and steam room are also well serviced.
Overall our experience was great and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kag710
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Birmingham. We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.