“Clean, convenient and helpful staff”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 May 2012

A great reasonably priced hotel although a little far to walk from the town centre when you are carrying bags etc. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Room service was good (photos attached) and they checked with me afterwards to see if everything was ok (nice little touch). I was offered an upgrade to a suite at check in - a really good deal at only £20.
My room was on the 5th floor and overlooked a car park - had the window open all night and slept like a baby.
Clean, spacious and would probably stay again.

Room Tip: I was given the option to upgrade to a suite with unlimited broadband, free movies, dressing gowns a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed there on business. It is on the busiest party street in B'ham and it was a Tuesday night so perhaps not as busy as normal but I didn't hear anything. There are a lot of drunk people around outside but that is a function of the town centre not the hotel. Inside It was nicely decorated and the staff were helpful. Room was comfortable - everything I needed. We got there after midnight and it they had our rooms waiting. My only question, which is common to a lot of hotels is why you have to take my credit card number when I book, then when I check in and then again when I check out. Surely there must be a solution to that problem by now? No problem recommending the hotel if you want to stay in the city centre.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Novotel Birmingham Centre and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed at the Novotel Birmingham on Broad Street. I cannot fault the experience. I was in Birmingham for the BCLA and the accomodation, facilities and staff were by far the best I have ever experienced.
If you are planning on a visit to Birmingham the nthe location of this Hotel is fantastic for food, shopping and night life.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Birmingham. We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Room feels like home when you ave stayed at other Novotell, good value for money. Convenient near ICC on a busy Broad street, many restaurants nearby. The nightlife is for the tweens and brings heeps of busstsle and noise that is hard to isolate yourself from.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre. We look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

OK so I stay in hotels all the time. I have had it all from bags left in my room to empty KFC boxes to unmade beds and so it goes on. This hotel had a lot of problems.

They didnt provide the cots 2 of them so when we got there we couldnt put the kids to sleep.
Some Coffee would be nice - they didnt forget to leave the Coffee the machine just didnt work helpful!

VERY VERY expensive for what you get. You dont get anything special in your room. Its shabby, dated, needs a refurb badly and with bits of paint flamking off the walls I think honestly speaking its a risk to those with kids if you end up with a bad room. Narrow corridors not good for double push chairs, small lifts and at rush hour don't expect to be able to get in one for half hour if you have a double pushchair full of shopping and stuff.

No sights to see, I don't remember if the room had air con I do remember it being very hot and being unable to cool it down.

Space wise for a room that cost over £120 it was pretty small. The bed was rock hard more pillows would have been nicer. Slow internet connection (don't bother) Its located on a very busy noisy street you will end up awake at night if your unlucky enough to get a forward facing room.

Below standard this is a hotel I will not be staying at again

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m sorry that not all aspects of your stay were to your liking and we did't respond to your needs. I have noted your comments, which we will address where practical. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed on business and upgraded to an executive room. Worth it for the expresso machine and free broadband. The check in was really good and a very helpful receptionist. The hotel is bright and airy. The rooms are the latest upgrade for novotel's with a great bathroom and all the facilities. My room was on 3rd floor and was quiet clean and very comfortable. Never a fan of chain hotel food and there is plenty of pubs and restaurants near this hotel. So go out and explore. That said the bar is nice and plenty of room to sit around. There is a computer in reception for guest use Breakfast was above average for chain hotels - you could see the eggs and bacon being cooked. Definitely a hotel that is on my list of ones to use for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: pay the upgrade for an executive room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Reception is nice, clean and bright. Good first impression but the rooms sadly let the place down.
The 'normal' rooms are shabby, outdated and of a very poor quality. Although the hotel is clean it appears grubby and shabby because it needs a refurbishment. We pre-booked to stay 3 nights and after the first night upgraded to a 'superior room' because our normal room was basically awful. The superior rooms are not much better and certainly not what I would call superior, average at best. The breakfast is very good, plenty of choice and the staff are polite. If we hadn't paid up front we would of moved hotels after the first night but we were stuck here so paid an extra £20 a night for the upgrade. The car park fee is too high and there is an extra charge for internet and another for wireless. I would never stay here again and would be reluctant to visit another Novotel ever again... sorry!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms seem slightly less noisy the higher you go
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed elements of your stay. Please rest assured that we have taken note of your comments. Our current Novation Bedroom was installed from 2004-2009 and are maintained to a high standard. I am delighted to be able to inform you that we are planning on introducing the Next Generation Bedroom at Birmingham Centre, from 2013. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Birmingham Centre to experience that concept.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager