“Lovely hotel in a perfect city location.”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in a perfect city location.”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The room was great, the staff were all very helpful and ensured we were comfortable and happy - we enjoyed our stay, thank you.
Good facilities for kids, fast room service and very good food.
Lovely hotel in a perfect city location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre and making particular reference to the team and the hospitality they provide, is very pleasing! We work hard at inspiring and motivating the team to ensure every guest has a hassle free and relaxing stay!
We look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
Preston UK
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed at the Novotel Birmingham Centre for 2 nights in April. The hotel is very conveniently located and the addition of the underground secure car park an added bonus. It is £14 for 24 hours but in my opinion it was worth it for piece of mind. The rooms were of good quality and the reception staff very friendly. The breakfasts are expensive in Novotel, so if you get chance to book this in your package before hand I would definitely do that because at £15 per person its not cheap, but it is good.
There is a little noise at night from the town centre revellers but this is to be expected, especially at weekends.
I would have no hesitation staying here again and have in fact booked another two night break for the family in August here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank grooster
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Good location, and the breakfast was a buffet and very filling. The bar was open all night so after coming back from the casino it was a good pit stop before heading to bed. I would advise not to book the hotel parking as there is parking next door to the hotel and it is cheaper and more convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This hotel is in a very busy location on Broad Street. Unfortunately for me the air conditioning in the room was found not to be working at midnight when i returned from dinner. I did not feel inclined to contact housekeeping as i wanted to sleep, so opened the windows (as far as they would open). Betwen 2am and 3am the bars in the area clear out and it is very noisy , even on the 3rd floor. At 4am the dustcart turned up to collect empty bottles somewhere close that seemed to take ages.
When reception were informed of this bad nights sleep and non-functioning air conditioning they did not seem to care - too eager to collect my money.
I will not be staying in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at the Novotel in Birmingham Centre. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. To conifrm the hotel has air handling rather than air conditioning, however I will review this matter to ensure that our guests are comfortable. I was also disappointed in the manner in which your comments were with at reception, be assured this will be addressed with my team. Please do feel free to contact me on 01216432000 or email me on richard.marsh@accor.com to discuss these issues further, if you so wish. I hope we will have opportunity to improve your impression of Novotel Birmingham Centre.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

awsum stay with security staff at hand .sittuated in the heart of broad street birmingham city centre with all the bars and clubs ,food resturants on your door step.friday ,saturday full of people hitting the clubs and bars awsum .breakfast nice and souna gym steam room.exellent bar too.

Room Tip: quiter corner is best top floor great veiw.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Birmingham. We very much look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Had training over 2 days, conference facilities were good, very clean, service was great, I didn't stay over as I live in Birmingham but overall I would recommend for business functions for companies UK wide.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank YusufUkaye
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time at Novotel Birmingham Centre. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a family for a 2 night break. Decor was contemporary and breakfast was excellent. Very wide choice of continental and cooked items. The Sausages and waffles were our favourites! The staff we all very good with us and our baby. On site parking is a good facility for this hotel and the parking is very secure although some would say slighly expensive. I feel that the security provided warranted the price. If you are considering a hotel in Birmingham, you should consider this one. The only negative was that we stayed on a Friday night and the location meant that there was noise from people enjoying themselves on broad street. We did expect this however!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I have noted your comments. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again very soon?