“It's a hotel...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Romsey, United Kingdom
“It's a hotel...”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Not the best hotel I have stayed at (and there has been many). Although the staff at the counter were great there were a couple of items that were negative to me. First, Parking underground was expensive at £14 per 24 hours which I didn't see mentioned prior. £10 per 24 hours for internet access which didn't work for me but worse was the 19 steps needed to be climbed from the underground parking to the lobby. No lift. This is not very disabled friendly.
However the food was great, service good and rooms clean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed elements of your stay and I have noted your comments. Please be assured that we do benchmark our pricing against similar facilities. I am also delighted to be able to confirm that we are currently installing free to use WiFi, whch will be available from mid June. My team and I are always available to provide asistance to any guest, especially in terms of accessing the car park. For guests needing particular assistance, we do have a service lift for which there is signage on directions for access. Alternatively guests are welcome to park at the front of the hotel to unload luggage and then move their car to our secure parking.
I do hope that my comments above, provide reasoning and solutions for those issues that you have raised? If you would like to discuss these matters further, please do contact me on richard.marsh@accor.com. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again very soon?
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Polish first
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stayed here after going to Jongulers club across the way and it was a great stay. No noise at all considering it is on Broad Street. It also has locked car parking underneath which is fantastic. The staff were very polite and accommodating - showed us where the lifts were and had great recommendations for bars.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Novotel Birmingham Centre. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.
Kent, England
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Right on Broad Street and next to brindleyplace you couldn't get a better location. From the warm greeting on check in, through a couple of meals to departure all the staff were friendly and pleasant, not always a given in chain hotels. The restaurant was fine, menu well planned so that they could deliver fresh food to order, breakfast was fine and the prices acceptable for a 4 star.
Talking about 4 star I suppose it just about qualifies although it is a little spartan, but on the plus side the beds were very comfortable, which is more than can be said for the pillows. It's very handy having a car park underneath the hotel but unless you want covered parking the car park on Sheepcote Street, opposite the hotel, is half the price and you can come and go.
I got a good deal on the hotel and thought it was great value, but beware of paying anything like rack rate if you can avaoid it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please rest assured that I have taken note of your comments. I hope we can welcome you back to the Novotel Birmingham Centre very soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I arrived early at about 1.15pm and parked my car at the front. Asked reception staff if I could leave my bags while I dropped off my car at work in the City and was told I could check in there and then and leave my car out the front while I did that. Very friendly and explained everything thoroughly.

Stayed in one of the Executive Rooms which for what I paid was good value for money. Nice modern bathroom although the toilet and main bedroom looked a bit dated, hence my lower review of very good, but would definitely stay again and recommend

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again very soon?
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The room was great, the staff were all very helpful and ensured we were comfortable and happy - we enjoyed our stay, thank you.
Good facilities for kids, fast room service and very good food.
Lovely hotel in a perfect city location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre and making particular reference to the team and the hospitality they provide, is very pleasing! We work hard at inspiring and motivating the team to ensure every guest has a hassle free and relaxing stay!
We look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Richard Marsh, General Manager.
Preston UK
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed at the Novotel Birmingham Centre for 2 nights in April. The hotel is very conveniently located and the addition of the underground secure car park an added bonus. It is £14 for 24 hours but in my opinion it was worth it for piece of mind. The rooms were of good quality and the reception staff very friendly. The breakfasts are expensive in Novotel, so if you get chance to book this in your package before hand I would definitely do that because at £15 per person its not cheap, but it is good.
There is a little noise at night from the town centre revellers but this is to be expected, especially at weekends.
I would have no hesitation staying here again and have in fact booked another two night break for the family in August here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank grooster
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Birmingham Centre very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Good location, and the breakfast was a buffet and very filling. The bar was open all night so after coming back from the casino it was a good pit stop before heading to bed. I would advise not to book the hotel parking as there is parking next door to the hotel and it is cheaper and more convenient.