“Perfect location”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Great location. Stayed on a friday and saturday night with my wife. Very friendly staff, clean rooms and perfectly situated for local bars, shopping and restaurants, even stopped in the bar for a quick nightcap n ended up staying for another four drinks...the cosmopolitan cocktail comes highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Joeq9
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our Elements bar.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I am a member of the Accor Hotels loyalty club and am a Platinum member. This gives me certain privileges at their hotels worldwide however on a lot of a occasions, I have to remind them of this leading to some awkward moments and conversations.

However, this Novotel has been the exception and many of their group hotels can learn something from the staff here. From check in to check out it was a very enjoyable stay and we had no complaints at all. I was indeed made to feel like a Platinum member of their loyalty program.

The price was very competitive and the location was excellent for what we needed (we were at a concert at the LG arena and New Street train station is a short 10 minute walk away).

Breakfast was very good in the morning and the room size was adequate for the little time we spent in it.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because the room itself felt a little dated, especially the separate toilet in the room.

Otherwise it was completely faultless and highly recommended.

Room Tip: The quiet side away from Broad Street is recommended.
1  Thank peyles
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review regarding your recent stay here at the Novotel. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice, great helpful staff.

Very modern, very clean, lovely comfortable beds.

It was outstandingly quiet too, which was a surprise for a centre location.

We stayed in room 200, which has no adjoining rooms on any side, an added luxury.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

General Manager Name

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed here on a Thursday night. Reception staff friendly, room very comfortable and spacious. Also quiet for its location in Broad street. Ideally placed for town. Gym well equipped and bar was great in hotel.
I have stayed in this hotel several times and do rate it.
Unfortunately I had a bad experience at breakfast which rather spoilt my stay. The young lady by the name of Laura that checked me in for breakfast had a terrible attitude. After 20 minutes and three requests for a cup of coffee with my breakfast she snapped and stated it would come if I waited. She plonked a tea pot on the table eventually and when I said I ordered coffee she huffed and rolled her eyes! She was obviously having a bad morning, but really this is not acceptable when paying £110 a night for B&B. I actually went back to have a word with her after checking out but could not find her.
So overall really nice hotel in great location, but plenty of competition on Broad St so Staff need to take note!

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed this Novotel expecting a normal business man's hotel but was pleasantly surprised by the service and attitude that the staff afforded us. We had booked this as a last minute stopover so we could attend my cousins wedding however we forgot to pack a camera. The staff at the hotel tracked down where we could but one at 11.30 pm the night before thus saving us a lot of embarrassment and we would recommend this hotel to any one needing to stay in Birmingham well done people and keep up the good work

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.

Kind regards