“Can be recommended”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My second stay in this hotel, great breakfast buffet that leaves no wishes open, nice locations with lots of restaurants in the neighbourhood. Regrettably windows cannot be opened completely. Birmingham is a very "young" city. Hence nights can be quite noisy from the streets unless the windlow is closed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in January 2014 and I was impressed by the location of the hotel on Broad Street with convenient access to the canal, restaurants, pubs and a cinema. The reception staff were always friendly and they were happy to book taxis and recommend restaurants etc. The cleaning staff on my floor were also particularly helpful.

Unfortunately I came at a time when the hotel was undergoing refurbishment and the gym facilities were closed (which I wanted to use) and we also had to enter the hotel via the bar (not always an inconvenience admittedly...). The hotel could have provided an alternative to their closed facilities e.g a pass to the gym down the road for example, of at least mentioned over the phone when I booked that the hotel was undergoing these improvements. That was a disappointing lack of communication.

I had breakfast every morning in the hotel but it was over-priced and there are plenty of cheaper breakfast alternatives near the hotel.

I don´t know if I would stay here again as there are numerous other hotels of similar price and quality in the immediate area e.g Premier Inn (two of them), Hampton by Hilton, etc..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Birmingham Centre.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted the comments you have made. I am pleased to announce the refurbishments are now complete.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Not the worst place to stay but for a novotel this is one of the more basic hotels. No frills on a noisey street without much parking, The staff were friendly enough but nothing about our stay here felt 4*.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Had a very relaxed valentines weekend away with my partner. Staff we're very friendly and helpful although check in was a long process, but probably couldn't be helped. Hotel and staff are very well presented, booked an executive room on the third floor couldn't hear the goings on from the infamous broad street strip although come 4am there were some incredibly noisy guests strolling around the corridors. The room itself was lovely but the bed was very hard and uncomfortable, maybe personal preference.
Breakfast was one of the best that my partner and I have had at a hotel, very delicious!
Hotel is quite a distance away from the bullring and selfridges but after having the big breakfast I think the long walk did us good!
Overall very good stay, would recommend it for any keen shoppers and weekends away :)

• Stayed: February 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable and I have shared your feedback with the team.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Arranged for an external sales meeting with my staff and stayed in January , as always very clean, room good and breakfast ok.

Biggest bonus are the location and the staff who are always receptive and helpful , my one gripe is the draught beer is always poorly kept, not a major problem but worth noting.

Will definitely stay here next time I am in Birmingham

Room Tip: Book early for best rates
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Birmingham Centre.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Very clean with polite service from Reception. Well designed room. Extremely comfy bed with a foam mattress for a good night's sleep. Spotlessly clean bathroom. Good value for less than sixty pounds for a one night stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a Wednesday night. I was not due to stay in Birmingham however, I found myself stranded as there were any train disruptions due to the terrible weather conditions. I contacted several hotels in regards to availability. When I contacted Novotel a receptionist named Aisha answered the phone promptly and was very helpful. Also when I checked into the hotel I was greeted my the same receptionist and she was very accommodating. She provided me with everything I required and for this reason made my stay at the hotel an absolute pleasure. I do not recall any names of the other members of staff I spoke to but they were also very helpful. It is a shame you do not receive such excellent customer service in other hotels. She is a credit to the hotel!! This hotel will definitely be my first choice when visiting Birmingham in the future.

Room Tip: Superior room - very comfortable and spacious, well worth the money. Also included in the room was a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Novotel. I am delighted that the service you received was above your expectations and I will certainly share this Feedback withAisha and the team here at the hotel.

Kind regards