“highly recommended”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Colne, United Kingdom
“highly recommended”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the novotel on broad street last night after spending the day at the NEC and for £50 for a double room only I'm really impressed.
All the staff were friendly and helpful, and we were asked where we would like a room! We got a nice quiet one that we asked for!
The hotel is very modern and the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The toilet is in a room on its own which is a little bit odd and small but it wouldn't bother me!
The hotel is well placed for some lovely restaurants and bars and we had a really enjoyable evening. We didn't have breakfast as there is a wetherspoons just down the road at a third of the price. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 22 April 2014

Sharon Thandi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
midlands
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We parked in the hotel car park in the morning before we could check in which was useful. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, It is the first time we have found a bathroom and separate toilet room . This hotel is very close to the NIA ( 10 minute walk) There are many places to eat nearby and a supermarket next door. When coming into Birmingham from the west, this hotel is very easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regartding your recent stay here at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the location of the hotel central to your requirements. I do look forward to welcoming you back the the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Tyne and Wear
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here two nights for a conference at the ICC. The staff were really professional and helpful. Its a really modern hotel with great colourful designs. Breakfast was good for a buffet and the rooms were clean and well equipped. We stayed midweek and it was really quiet in the room and we had a good nights sleep in the king size bed. Coffee maker and good range of toiletries.
Car park under hotel which enabled us to leave the car and walk to the ICC. There are stairs up from car park however you could arrange to have help with luggage.
Very easy to walk to bars, restaurants and the canal area.
Also near the Sea Life Centre.
Would return if we visited Birmingham again.

• Stayed April 2014
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us and that you enjoyed your trip to the Sea Life Centre. I hope to welcome you back to the Novotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was here for a week on business. Located very centrally in Birmingham, really nice lobby, decent buffet breakfast, free wifi throughout, very clean and comfortable. Rooms are nice albeit a bit odd.. really nice bathroom/shower/sink but bizarrely the toilet is in a room by itself (with no sink) next door and is TIIINNNY, so no long leisurely toilet breaks are to be had here.

My room faced the street (where all the pubs and clubs are) and got quite noisy due to the street activity, I can sleep through anything but didn't really bother me but a light sleeper might have issues.

The bar is great, nice cocktails, really friendly bartender whose name escapes me now (trained in Ireland in the Connemara Coast hotel) who was very helpful, remembered my name throughout the stay etc. I'd certainly stay here again when back in Birmimgham on business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the noise and the toilet area.
I have also passed on your positive comments to Robert in the bar, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

For a one night stay for a family of three visiting symphony hall this was the ideal location.
Room was plenty big enough even with the bed settee. Didn't find noise a problem but the mattress was extremely hard so didn't get a good nights sleep.
Some extra pillows and a third cup put in the room would have been appreciated.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank cromercrab55
NovotelBirminghamGM, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Birmingham Centre. I can assure you that the points you have raised are currently being addressed within the hotel.
I do hope to welcome you back to the Novotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I find it ridiculous that a hotel charging as much as the Novotel can not provide Wifi in the room, especially when they say they have Wifi. I spoke to the staff about it and was told that they were having an issue affecting certain guests and it was out of their control but this is not good enough to a paying guest. I rely hugely on the Internet for work and expect a service the hotel say they provide to be provided.

The one saving grace for this hotel is the staff, they were exceptional front of house. Really did make a difference. I would have given the hotel one star rating but the staff pushed it up to a 2 star rating.

An alleged 4 star hotel not providing a service they say they do is not acceptable and if they were having issues then they should have solved them in the 3 days that I spent here but they didnt.

Will not visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the issue with the WIFI further.
Please feel free to contact me on 0121 643 2000 to discuss this further.