“big comfy bed”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

we needed an hotel to stay in after a music gig round the corner. We have stayed in other hotels in the area but this had a good rate for the night. A good security idea was having to use the room card for the lift.
The room was a good size with a sofa bed ( if you needed it for children). Clean modern bathroom but the best thing was the big bed. It was so comfy we didn't get up till nearly check out time!

Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Sharon1077, Front Office Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

"Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights in March before my wedding. All my requests was accommodated. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I booked two rooms and was also able to arrange for other rooms booked by friends to be allocated on the same floor. The down side to this hotel is the location is basically the party side of town with a lot of music and noise from revellers at night. Not a bad hotel for business trips during the week. Maybe stag and hen parties over the weekend, the noise may not matter if you are a reveller i guess.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor away from broad street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

"Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Birmingham Centre. I also gather that you had some concerns for noise from outside please accept my sincere apolog, if you cooul dhave mention to any of my team at reception theyu woudl ben more than happy to movea room for you or provide some alternative solution. please feel free to ask for quite room for your next visit at Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband stayed at this hotel for work for 2 weeks and I joined him for the weekend. We had an executive room and it was very spacious and clean.

The restaurant is lovely - such a great variety and it is lovely and fresh. A special mention needs to go to the Chef Vincent. He made it such a memorable experience by visiting our table on more than on occasion to see if the meal is ok and even gave us a few extra chips!!

Would highly recommend if visiting Birmingham.

Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Sharon1077, Front Office Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Room Tip: It is in the city centre so expect a bit of noise from the night revelers. Our window had to be open...

Reviewed 23 July 2014

the property was great, reception and the bar area were really lovely. the rooms are little dated but very serviceable and clean and and actually better quality than a number of hotels i have been to recently. Irritatingly there was no parking and the sign was not clear that this was the case so had to reverse back up steep ramp and got blocked in by someone else in the same position...... parking should really be bookable even if just before you get there..... and carpark full sign should be visible from the road...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

"Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about Car Park situation please accept my sincere Aplogies for same and i assure you this is work in progress and my maintainace colleuge is looking in to this already and we are expecting this would be resolve within a week time as we do have Car Park Full sign.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed from 5th to 7th July 2014, we visit Birmingham every year and always pick the Novotel on Broad Street (7th stay!). The rooms are always clean, the staff are friendly and it is the perfect location for everything that we want to do for a few days - shoppping, eating out, the night life on Broad Street, museums, Sea Life Centre etc. We were in room 325, which was further down the corridor than usual but got less noise at night from Broad Street. Half price cocktails were an unexpected bonus. The reception staff were extremely helpful when we checked in as I asked to change the room. They were overrun by hen parties checking in but still took their time to ensure everything was fine. We had a late night out on Saturday, but the night staff were fine when we came back in at 1.45am. We had breakfast in bed on Sunday morning and although I was up, I got a call to say room service was on it's way. A very friendly young man delivered the tray into the room, the breakfast was presented well and was delicious. The only niggle we had was with the breakfast service in the restaurant both days. We came down about 9.00am both mornings and found a lot of empty containers for both hot dishes and pastries. Emily asked if there were any more pastries and the waitress asked what she wanted and then thrust a plate with a croissant and a pain au chocolat and asked rudely "will this do?". There were no plates for the hot food on Tuesday and when the chef was asked his response was "what do you want me to do, make them?". Not the usual service we've received on previous visits and the staff weren't run off their feet as the restaurant was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank deschrisandem
Sharon1077, Front Office Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

"Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about service at breakfast dint met your expectation, i ensure you, we take eveyr feedback very seriously and strive to improve in every aspects of service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for inconvinence you had during breakfast. YOur Concerns have been addressed to staff and training is been put in place for same as well.