“I haven't find anything to complain about....”

Britannia Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #110 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have stayed in number of Britannia Hotel across UK, and I do believe, u always get, what u pay for. Britannia Hotels are always budget friendly. So, I never expect a 5star facilities from them.

However, in this particular one, I haven't found anything to complain about. I am lucky or anything else, I don't know, but I had a great stay. Room, bathroom everything was clean, nice & cosy bed. No complain at all and will be delighted to go back.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Birmbritannia, General Manager at Britannia Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review,

I am pleased to see that the hotel met with your expectations for the purpose of your trip and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Visited Birmingham for social event september for a weekend stay. On arrival hotel very old that is not a problem, as I love old buildings but on further entering the hotel room you notice the dirt. We stayed the first night as we were tired and thought we would make do. In the morning I found takeaway food stuck to a light switch, food under the bed, mushrooms (yes mushrooms) in the kettle and a athrodisiac condom thingy on a saucer by the kettle. We have been charged for this no refund. avoid this horrible hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank movingh

Dear Guest

I am sorry that the Hotel failed to meet your standards at this time.

Staff are available and on duty 24 hours per day and had you made them aware that you were unhappy with the accommodation provided, they would have been able to assist you in making your stay a much more comfortable and enjoyable one

The hotel accommodates 2000+ guests on a weekly basis and I believe that we offer excellent value for money.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

stayed at the hotel on various occasions. I had been out on meetings & came back at 15.30 & room had still not been cleaned? I had to tell them to leave it as I had work to do on laptop & didn't want to be disturbed, had no fresh towels. had paid for 2nd night but decided to vacate at 6pm to another hotel after the disappointment without advising the reception.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guest

I am sorry that the Hotel failed to meet some of your expectations at this time and do wish that you had brought this to our attention during your stay, as it would have given us the opportunity to address your concerns first hand, allowing you to leave the Hotel with a more favourable veiw.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed here 1 night 18/09/2013, had read reviews so new wot to expect but do like to make my own mind up!!! It's right in the middle of the shops on the high street and few minutes walk from new street train station. Arrived early for check in but was able to leave bags and go off for the day. We checked in and on our way to the room found the decor to be dark and dismal, basically the skirting, doors and frames all painted black! Went into our room and wow we were thrown back in time!!! This room was as basic as basic could be but was clean! Breakfast was fine the next morning. The only positive I have is the staff, they were very helpful and friendly especially the young man who checked us in and out (sorry we didn't get your name or your twin brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :-))

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am so pleased that you took the opportunity to sample first hand the perfect location, and exceptional value for money we at Britannia Hotel Birmingham offer, and were not put off by some of the negative reviews posted here.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is not really a hotel you would go on holiday, it is in the centre of Birmingham and right near New Street Station. Great value for money, helpful friendly staff, a great low cost base for the centre of Birmingham

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Simple review as follows - I have stayed here alottttttttttttttt over the years

great location, no parking, very dear NCP car park, very old fashioned, excellent value at times yet sometimes rack rate way too high. Bar isnt the best and shuts alot. Can be a very hot place in the summer with no air con etc. Good place if you wanna get wrecked and sleep somewhere or just take your gf or bf to bed and drill if ya get what I mean?

CCTV on floors and lifts, good security to be fair.

Phil the manager on nights is cool as hell :)

TV and decor in rooms and landings are dated as 70s 80s can get but overall its alright 5/10

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bigworm0121

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed in the Britannia hotel last week for a few nights. Although asking for a non smoking room the hotel had put me in a smoking with no prior apology. A room which has had 40 years worth of smoking customers inside really isn't very nice to a non-smoker and as a result all of my clothes therefore smelt of smoke for the rest of the week. There was also no hot water available in the morning so therefore was unable to shower. Everything in the room seemed to be chipped or scuffed or damaged. And marks were everywhere to be seen. I found the reception staff extremely rude towards me In my claim and how I felt how overpriced my stay was for the quality of services I was achieving, but they didn't want to know and no apology was issued.

I felt very disappointed in the amount of money I paid for my room and the overall level of experience I had at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank L1434

Dear Guest

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the problems you encountered whilst staying with us.

Unfortunately the Hotel does have 2 smoking floors ( Hotel Policy ) and due to occupancy we do sometimes have to use these rooms for non smokers, requests are implemented when possible, unfortunately at the time of your check in we were unable to full fill your request, had you chosen not to accept the smoking room or checked out soon after going to the room , then we would have been able to issue a refund.