“Excellent value!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Britannia Hotel Birmingham

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Britannia Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #107 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent value!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights costing me £52, yes the decor is dated however the rooms are clean, warm and safe and met all my needs, tv, kettle, plenty of sockets and a bath!

I don't know why people are moaning, the hotel is the cheapest in the city centre, if they want spmewhere more high class they should be prepared to pay a lot more!

I will be staying here twice a week from now until the end of my Uni year. Very pleased :)

Adele

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Birmbritannia, General Manager at Britannia Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest

I am pleased to see that the hotel met with your expectations and look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was in a group of about 6 people that had booked rooms for Saturday night, and I was quite impressed with the value for money this hotel provided. The rooms were safe , clean, well furnished and warm enough. OK no spectacular view but it is in the City centre. The reception and checking in went without problems, staff were available and attentive and the breakfast was excellent.
I genuinely dont know what people are complaining about on here, yes it's older in decor but does that really matter? book into an expensive 5 star boutique hotel if you want absolute perfection. The negative comments on here seem quite difficult to believe to be honest.
I would stay here again without hesitation if I was going for a night out in Brum.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Booked via a Groupon deal and was a little anxious having read some reviews.
No need, as we had a great time. Room wasn't huge but clean, and no problems with any noise. Radiator didn't work, but we were quickly provided with an electric heater.

We had dinner and breakfast as part of our deal, and both had excellent choices - it is help yourself but not a problem for us.

Overall great location and excellent value for money

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JemDonEllaMiaLily
Dear Guest

I am pleased to see that the hotel exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We took the twin room, size was ok but it wasn't clean. I noticed that the carpet wasn't vacuumed ! Shower is way too old .. Toilet mirror wasn't wiped ! Stay there if you just want to sleep and leave :) customer service isn't too bad but not as it should be.

Best thing about this hotel is "LOCATION" ! Close the the station and bullring (3 minutes walk)

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I am sorry that the Hotel failed to meet some of your expectations at this time and do wish that you had brought this to our attention during your stay, as it would have given us the opportunity to address your concerns first hand and swopped your room if necessary allowing you to leave the Hotel with a more favourable outlook.

Birmingham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

i stayed for 1 night. the decor was dated ( probably hasnt been touched since the late 70s/early 80s) the breakfast was well cooked, and our tv conked out but at least the manager offer wine (we dont drink) and dinner ( we already arranged to eat out)!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guest

I am sorry that the Hotel failed to meet some of your expectations at this time, I am pleased that you brought them to our attention, and happy that the Duty Manager tried to alleviate them by his offer of wine or dinner.

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

stayed here for one night.Dont know what people moan about.Bed was clean ,ok it does need a bit of a spruce up but didnt stop us enjoying our stay.
Breakfast was excellent.
The staff were pleasant

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Birmbritannia, General Manager at Britannia Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, which will be shared with the rest of the Staff.

I am so pleased that you took the opportunity to sample first hand the perfect location, and exceptional value for money we at Britannia Hotel Birmingham offer, and were not put off by some of the negative reviews posted here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Booked this hotel as a last minute resort for a night out. Even though I was staying by myself I booked a double bedroom as I suspected I might get a *slightly* nicer room. Location is good, only 5 minutes walk from New Street station and very cheap.
Upon arrival the reception looks quite nice. Receptionist didn't really have any people skills at all. Taking the elevator to my fifth floor room, the corridors absolutely stunk. I have no idea what the smell was, perhaps mould but it was very peculiar. Decor extremely dated and it seemed like a maze to get to your room as the hall was small and twisty, dark and couldn't tell whether the rooms were for guests or store rooms.
Eventually finding my room I was actually pleasantly surprised, half expecting blood stained sheets and everything considering the reviews. The bedding was clean and the bathroom was okay so as I just wanted to use the room as somewhere to dump luggage and get a couple hours sleep, I was fine. My room didn't actually have a main light, had to use lamps and only one socket to charge things with.
To be honest I wouldn't dare use the shower or bathtub, a bath mat was draped over the tub which I daren't touch as it was encrusted with dirt and black stuff, disgusting. Why not just get rid of it? The toilet was clean enough and I was provided with fresh towels and toiletries.
Coming back here at 4am in the morning my key card wouldn't open my door so I got a bit panicky but thankfully someone was on reception. Didn't really feel safe.
Okay for somewhere to rest your head but would not stop more than one night. Don't even know how it passes health inspections.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Chuckie100
Dear Guest

I am sorry that certain aspects of the hotel failed to meet with your expectations at this time.

Staff are available and on duty 24 hours per day and had you made them aware that you were unhappy, they would have been able to address your concerns at the time.

I will of course pass your comments onto the relevant departmental managers for improvements to be made where deemed necessary