Britannia Hotel Birmingham
  • Pool
US$189
US$124
  • Pool
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$143
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$97
  • Breakfast included
US$61
US$59
US$180
US$164
2,838 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I needed a hotel near The Studio where I could just rest my head for the night without being too costly. This was great as was within 2 mins. Decor was tired and some of the plug sockets were old! The room itself had a single bed and was nicely laid out. The TV is OLD! I was woken by a drunken woman shouting at around 5.15am but this is the peril of being in the city centre I guess! The staff were pleasant, the clientele were a little odd though! I liked that you could park in the NCP for 24 hours at a discounted rate - your ticket needs validating by the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Birmbritannia, General Manager at Britannia Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest

I am pleased to see that the hotel met with your expectations for the purpose of your trip and we hope to welcome you again in the future

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is one of the worst I have ever had displeasure of staying at. I understand that you get what you pay for but I literally had to apologise to my gf for suggesting to stay here - I have stayed at travel lodges which outperform this place by a country mile. Here goes:

- terrible nights sleep - awful noise from drunks in the road
- poor service at check in
- unclean - hairs in bathroom and jewllery left from previous visitors
- hotel is like going back in time, decor not updated since the 1970's
- clientele were the lowest of the low
- can hear everything from other rooms.......

In summary, this place is more like a filthy brothel than a place you would want to stay. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Adam7652
Aruna P, General Manager at Britannia Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies that the hotel failed to met with your expectations.

As I would advice any guest(s) there is a manager on duty 24 hours per day and had you approached them to inform them that you were unhappy with any aspect of the Hotel, they would have been able to assist you to have a more comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just a few minutes from new street station and just seconds from the main shops, 5 minutes to the bull ring! Staff easy going and friendly. Rooms are little dated but have everything you need an for the low price it is a very handy base,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank yggdrasil1

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, which will be shared with the rest of the Staff.

I am so pleased that you took the opportunity to sample first hand the perfect location, and exceptional value for money we at Britannia Hotel Birmingham offer, and were not put off by some of the negative reviews posted here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Was here for just one night and seriously thought of bailing at 3am and going home as the noise from other rooms was just overwhelming.
Even just going from reception to the room was difficult; the lifts were both not moving so we took the stairs. A ball sailed past and we found that numerous boys were using the stairs for some game, making it difficult to walk up. The room was dirty and unpleasant. The only plus was that the bed was actually pretty comfortable, but I just can't forgive the horrendous noise levels. Tried ringing reception after an hour or so, but they weren't answering, so lay awake between around 2am and 4:30am

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am sorry that certain aspects of the hotel failed to meet with your expectations at this time.

It is hard to judge Guests behaviour whilst staying at the Hotel, though several requests are made to unrly Guests on check in to be considerate towards other Guests staying at the Hotel, unfortunately this sometimes falls on deaf ears, i can assure you that procedures are in place for such events and these are followed to the latter for the safety of Guests and Staff.

I apologise on their behalf.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed at the Britannia Hotel in Birmingham in April as it was conveniently located in the centre. However, I shall never stay there again.

The room was shabby and the bathroom unclean. My room (522) was linked to another room via an airvent. The noise from other people laughing and shouting went on from midnight to beyond 2am. I could hear every word (and I am deaf in one ear as well) and by 2:20 I could stand it no longer so I called the hotel reception. They said they would investigate, yet I heard no one knock on the door to the next room and the noise persisted. At 2:30 I rang reception again to move room, but they said I had to wait 15minutes as they had a computer problem. Finally, after ringing again I got moved at 3 in the morning. However, their solution was to move me to a stinking smokers room that had the window wide open, so it was freezing. Not a wink of sleep was had all night!

To make matters worse I got charged £28 to park at their recommended car park. I got my ticket validated when I left (they advertise half price on their website), but when I got back to the carpark (the NCP one recommended on their hotel website) I had to spend 20minutes on an intercom trying to explain that the ticket I got validated should be cheaper. The carpark just said that it wasn't registered with them.

After complaining to the hotel I found that they have an attitude of just brushing off customers and washing their hands of problems. No room refund or compensation for the astronomical parking. They simply said that as they don't have a carpark they can't be held reponsible...surely they are responsible if they recommend on their website the NCP carpark and lie about the tickets they validate??? Otherwise I would have parked somewhere a lot cheaper! Shocking customer service! Definately don't stay there!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Unfortunatly we do not have a Car Park so I am unable to comment on where guests decide to Park, suffice to say, i am sorry that the NCP close to us did not discount your ticket, this is a matter you need to address with them.