“Travelodge, cheap stay decent quality.......” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metro Inns Walsall

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Metro Inns Walsall
Ranked #106 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Travelodge, cheap stay decent quality.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

What do you expect for the price, book early, basic room, but had bath, everything worked, although the shower/bath tap was a law unto itself and wet my head several times. Good sized rooms, decent quality for the price, excellent for a cheap gettaway when you just need a place to lay your head.

Room Tip: Always ask for an extra pillow, and ask for a bath....
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Don't believe what you read I have stayed for a week and can't fault the hotel, and all the staff are very helpful especially Zoe.the room was very clean and warm my room was opposite the main road and was very quiet, all the staff work hard to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We arrived early evening on one of the coldest days of the year. The room was freezing with one small heater. There were two towels, one large and one small, one small bar of soap for washing hands, no shampoo/shower gel or anything. The bed had two small, flat pillows and one thin blanket. We asked for another towel and an extra blanket - the towel was not problem but we we told that they had run out of spare blankets. We had dinner there and the food was quite good - the only redeeming feature. We went to bed in our clothes but after half an hour we were still shivering so my husband had to go to reception and plead for an extra blanket, which eventually arrived. In the morning, after my shower, I discovered that there was no hairdryer. We asked to borrow one and were told 'sorry, they are all out'. I had to go to breakfast with wet hair and then go out in to a temperature of -3 and snow. Really, really disappointing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen B
Orpington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I stayed here on a business trip from Orpington to Liverpool.

This Travelodge is a few mins of the M6 and was convenient for an overnight stay on the way northwards up the M6.

I read the poor reviews after I had booked and wondered whether I had made a mistake but in fact the reception was welcoming and the room had all that was needed but could not be described as luxury accomodation. But at £19.99 a night I did not expect that. The fee for parking of £3 is effectively an addition to the room rate as 90% of people will want to park in the attached car park.

On the positive side - The room had a comfortable bed, a reasonable TV, a clean and tidy bathroom and a bucket seat for sitting in the room. It had all I needed but not all I would have desired - for me on a business trip I only require what I need and for things to be clean and tidy

On the negative - the wallpaper was a bit torn in parts and the power points were not positioned in a convenient way

Overall at half the price of equivalent opposition I am more than satisfied - if you are looking for luxury do not book - if you are looking for utilty this is good value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AandAGoddard
Pontypool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

I've previously reviewed Newport Travelodge and said it wasn't the worst I had stayed in.. this is because walsall is the worst Travelodge I have stayed in, if not the worst hotel in general!

Me and my partner stayed here in december as my works xmas party was just down the road on Wednesbury and this was closer than my house as neither of us were driving.

Firstly, car parking is chargeable, even if you are a guest at the hotel. And as for location there is nothing within easy walking distance (walsall town centre is around 30 mins walk) if you fancy a drink.

When checking in, there was no one on the deskand we had to wait 5 minutes before anyone appeared into the reception. When he did get there he was unsure of what he was doing and didn't seem to know the correct direction to our room. We also weren't advised that the hotel had a bar or of any of it facilities.

The room was bare and not very clean, with completley flat pillows, a carpet covered in bits and an old radiator which had left burn marks on the wall. Im aware travelodge do not supply toiletries, but they do usually supply a small bar of soap, which was missing from our room. when we asked reception about this they said sorry none has been delivered to the hotel. Not sure how a hotel can run out of soap!

check out at the hotel is up to 12pm. The next morning (after a late night at the party) we were up finishing packing our belongings.. at 12.02pm we recieve a bang on the door with an arsey woman telling us check out was at 12, we should be out by now and stormed off!! Never have I ever had someone bang on the door to tell me off for being 2 minutes late for check out!! the just to add insult, when we went down a few minutes later to check out, once again there was no one on the desk to check out with!! so we had to leave our key on the desk and leave.

Simply the worst hotel. Would never stay again. If your looking for sonewhere in the area, I would recommend the Park Inn

• Stayed December 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I honestly don't know what trouble anyone could have had here. Checked in, got to room. (Room 9). This turned out to be a disabled room, double bed was two singles pushed together but didn't realise for a while.

There was two pillows on the bed and one in the cupboard. No bath (presumably due to it being a disabled room) but a shower that worked like a shower should. No shampoo, but I didn't ask for any. Asked for extra towels and received one large one and one small one.

Receptionist was very friendly. She was busy when I went to ask for more milk. A man clearly just getting off his shift went all the way to the kitchen to grab me some. The man in the restaurant was very friendly as well.

TV had a lot of channels. Room was clean apart from a rather large pink mark on the bit of the sheet that was tucked under the bed, which is why one star was knocked off. However, I had a pleasant stay. Could hear no traffic from the road (room 9 was at the back).

Absolutely easy to control room temperature, simple controls on the radiator. Was very warm and cosy. Hairdryer needed to be borrowed from reception. I got the room on sales rate, £15.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
west midlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Miserable, rude staff. With one exception, a black girl in a sparkley hat who brought a smile of sunshine to the whole place! The rest of the staff were disorganised and overbooked the rooms making those with reservations move to other sites. I was told by one unhelpful and uncaring member of staff called David that his supervisor had told him to overbook the rooms and to take bookings in favour of first come first served, even if others had reservations. The place is a dump and only does business because of it's convienient location in my view. No one has any interest in customer service or even common courtesy. I arrived at 10.30pm having informed the hotel that I would be a late arrival, and after having booked and paid weeks in advance I was then told that my room had been sold and I must go to another travel lodge 6 miles away! This David charactor had no idea of the address of where I had to go. Eventually after making several phone calls he wrote a postcode on a bit of paper and dispatched me into the night. What a suprise when I arrived at the second travel lodge that David had sent a queue of other people up there too on the same errand, all of whom had bookings at the Walsall travel lodge. The place obviously lacks leadership and discipline.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Great Barr Hotel
#85 of 117 in Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Halesowen
#59 of 117 in Birmingham
Ladywood
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Centre

Been to Metro Inns Walsall? Share your experiences!